Votes: 16 28.6%
  • Resign him and keep him long term

Votes: 27 48.2%
  • Resign him and trade him January 2013 with Amare

Votes: 13 23.2%

• Total voters

Kidd Karma

Benchwarmer
Yeah I don't get it, good example about Carmelo.

Though I do remember that he took some heat around here when they made that trade. Questioning why SnT him, let him come to the Knicks in FA so we could keep our players. Melo did what was best for him and got the extra money same as Lin.

It's also not completely up to the players, they hire agents to advise them and in Lin's case because this was the first big contract he signed he probably relied on their advice exclusively.

....based on the notion that the Knicks would match anything, but we can thank the new tougher CBA for that. Thank the Clevelands, Milwaukees for complaining about not being able to compete financially.

wow, this still going...

Maybe they know more about Lin?s abilities than the casual fans and the ppl on this board?. Did any of you guys ever considered that? I?m sure somebody within the organization was watching his rehab and if his game was effected by the injury. Maybe they know his knee will be an issue. And if he sucks and/or gets re-injured? not only will it be a waste of good money, but it will cause dissention within the team because there are players on the team that have been putting in consistent work over years (not days) and have yet to get such a pay day. That?s contract turned into Air Jordan money; do you honestly think he?s on that level?
People say we can trade him later?but who are we going to trade him to if he?s sucking and possesses a hugh contract? Who is going to want to pay a waived player for not playing?

If nothing else?remember the following clear facts. He?s an undrafted player waived twice, shipped back and forth to the D-league, and busted up his knee. NY media has blown up everybody that played on the Knicks. At one point TD was the toast of the town too?but we see what happened to him, right?

Also, I will ask this seemingly avoided question again?Has anyone here seen JLIN play after he tore up his Knee?

How many players do you know make a 100% healthy return after tearing up their knee and played exactly the same way before injury? I?m not talking about knee sprains here?. I?m talking about a tear that has the potential to tear again when that area of the knee is constantly going thru strain, flexing, bending, pounding, sudden movements such as cutting and jumping, and constantly hitting the floor. As reckless as JLin is? it?s only a matter of time before he hits the ground again and the IR list. No one here or elsewhere has seen him play any other way, no one knows if this undrafted, waived d-leaguer can change his game up so he doesn?t crash and burn during an 82 game season. Did some of us forget the fact that linsanity died before he got himself hurt? Perhaps amnesia is one of the symptoms that come with the linsanity syndrome?

One thing?s for certain. The ppl within the Knicks organization and around the league know JLin way better than all of us here?and their involvements (and lack of involvement) tell it all. The only ones going linsane is Houston and the casual fans. Houston just wanted their Asain market back; they care little about winning right now. But what?s the excuse for the fans? Well actually?The answer is quite obvious. We all know Dolan has the money, and has paid plenty of underachievers, but his reluctance to match Lin, IMO was a sign of being responsible and finally showing some dedication to the team FIRST. He doesn?t need that JLin money and we should all know that by now. Get over it and move on peeps. There's absolutly nothing we can do about it...other than whining.

gmf1369

Benchwarmer
Here is the deal, Lin already signed the first offer sheet he wasn't obligated to sign the second... Lin went back to Houston and signed the second whereas this is where the Knicks drew the line...

First contract was matchable but when they got wind he went back to sign that second offer sheet, NYK Brass had to make a judgment which was trade for the less expensive Felton...

Everyone needs to realize, YES this is a business, and YES Lin screwed the Knicks first by signing a second offer sheet, thus ending his time in New York...

Don't close the window on CP3 landing next season via a S&T:

You think it was coincidental that Novak pure shooter got over paid this off season, Brass is looking ahead at him being a possible trade chip

BillyHoyle

Benchwarmer

Are you saying the MSG deal hinged on Lin? What if Lin never happened? Lin's popularity may have helped facilitate the deal AFTER he hit the scene, but a deal would have gotten done sooner or later without him...

Yes...It's simple fact that Lin facilitated the MSG Timewarner deal. The bottom line is the dispute had gone on for the first half of the season, and would have kept going. Maybe a deal would have been reached eventually, but it would have been some sort of compromise. The way things played out, Timewarner conceded to MSG, pocketing Dolan much $$$$$.

tiger0330

Legend

How many players do you know make a 100% healthy return after tearing up their knee and played exactly the same way before injury? I?m not talking about knee sprains here?. I?m talking about a tear that has the potential to tear again when that area of the knee is constantly going thru strain, flexing, bending, pounding, sudden movements such as cutting and jumping, and constantly hitting the floor. As reckless as JLin is? it?s only a matter of time before he hits the ground again and the IR list. No one here or elsewhere has seen him play any other way, no one knows if this undrafted, waived d-leaguer can change his game up so he doesn?t crash and burn during an 82 game season. Did some of us forget the fact that linsanity died before he got himself hurt? Perhaps amnesia is one of the symptoms that come with the linsanity syndrome?

By your reasoning we should have never signed Amarknee and we should take Shump out to the barn and shoot him.

Lin had a meniscus tear, you get a scope and and you're back within a few weeks. Shump has far more serious knee problems, you should comment about his injuries.

KnickolasMGL

Benchwarmer
This is a disaster. No two ways about it. This is absolutely the worst thing the Knicks have done player wise since trading Clyde to Cleveland for Butch Beard. I'm still shocked Dolan had the nuts to do this. I'm a Knick fan for life, but if these moves dont jettison us to the conference finals I'm done. Lin could not play another NBA game and I'd still be done.

Moves like this make the organization look stupid. The kid is 23 and should have been a Knick for life.
:agreed:
such a dpressing day for me, especially after this SI article.

By your reasoning we should have never signed Amarknee and we should take Shump out to the barn and shoot him.

Lin had a meniscus tear, you get a scope and and you're back within a few weeks. Shump has far more serious knee problems, you should comment about his injuries.

Shump can go too, if he remains hurt. and I'm sure he wont try to break the knicks bank for his contributions either. Amare has been consistant over the years...he's earned a pay day. However, if he doesn't come back better he too will be seen as a problem. JLin came out of nowhere, we know very little about him and it's a bit comical to me that ppl are up here pretending like they do. smh

there's a big difference

VeryGundy

Benchwarmer
One thing’s for certain. The ppl within the Knicks organization and around the league know JLin way better than all of us here…and their involvements (and lack of involvement) tell it all.

Based on their past trades and draft choices, color me skeptical.

It's certain that they will make the right decision most of the time.

Kidd Karma

Benchwarmer
Here is the deal, Lin already signed the first offer sheet he wasn't obligated to sign the second... Lin went back to Houston and signed the second whereas this is where the Knicks drew the line...

First contract was matchable but when they got wind he went back to sign that second offer sheet, NYK Brass had to make a judgment which was trade for the less expensive Felton...

Everyone needs to realize, YES this is a business, and YES Lin screwed the Knicks first by signing a second offer sheet, thus ending his time in New York...

Don't close the window on CP3 landing next season via a S&T:

You think it was coincidental that Novak pure shooter got over paid this off season, Brass is looking ahead at him being a possible trade chip

You can't sign 2 offer sheets. July 1, you can begin to talk with free agents, agree in principle, but nothing is official until July 11. Case in point, Billy King flew out to Las Vegas at the first possible moment to get DWill to sign. Lin and Rockets have a verbal agreement on July 5. July 11 comes and goes, no offer sheet sent to the Knicks, everyone starts to get impatient. Finally the weekend hits and Lin finally signs, a previously unreported agreement that had more guaranteed money. Nothing was signed/official until July 14-15.

Fat Elvis

Benchwarmer
all on Dolan

This is all Dolan's fault. He became offended and betrayed at what should have been business as usual. If anything, the knicks should have been in contact with Lin previously and either made an offer or at least kept track of the situation. Lin wanted to be in NYC, the knicks wanted him back. This clusterf**ck just happened due to lack of communication and dolan being an overly-sensitive, prideful jackass. Still a knicks fan, but just pissed at dolan right now.

Kidd Karma

Benchwarmer
This is all Dolan's fault. He became offended and betrayed at what should have been business as usual. If anything, the knicks should have been in contact with Lin previously and either made an offer or at least kept track of the situation. Lin wanted to be in NYC, the knicks wanted him back. This clusterf**ck just happened due to lack of communication and dolan being an overly-sensitive, prideful jackass. Still a knicks fan, but just pissed at dolan right now.

That's where I feel the Knicks screwed up. It seems they've always looked out for the long term interest of Lin, the playoff conversations, even this remark to Lin to go hunt out his market value. It might have just been easy to give him the maximum allowable and put it on the table, end of negotiations. Put it on Lin at that point. This way, you go out of your way to hunt out a deal and at the end you lose him....stupid.

jimkcchief88

All Star
yeah, you're right the all-star game is a popularity contest, i take it back.
OK, if he leads Houston to playoffs, you take a hike. I don't agree that Crazy 8's
and I don't respect other's opinions, we just have strong opinions spoken in moderation.
btw, Asian "descent", not decent. you're really not PC at all.

keep harping on he "should've" been in the playoffs, see the above Gordy post for what Lin
had to say about that. i'm tired of being "should" upon.

good article and what I figured all along. you don't mess around with Jim...
he's an immature baby man, an emotional d*ckhead, with no basketball sense,
putting his feelings ahead of what's good for the team. a$$hole.
i really hope he dies this year of a heart attack.

babydolan.jpg

So I get an infraction for nothing, but you and Crazy get to tee-off on me, call me names because I was right and the KNICKS let your boy walk. And who is the baby??? And who is emotional??? and who has no SENSE??? Look in the mirror and stop yourself....(and resorting to name calling means you ran out of anything sensible to say and I win:)

jimkcchief88

All Star
wow, this still going...

Maybe they know more about Lin?s abilities than the casual fans and the ppl on this board?. Did any of you guys ever considered that? I?m sure somebody within the organization was watching his rehab and if his game was effected by the injury. Maybe they know his knee will be an issue. And if he sucks and/or gets re-injured? not only will it be a waste of good money, but it will cause dissention within the team because there are players on the team that have been putting in consistent work over years (not days) and have yet to get such a pay day. That?s contract turned into Air Jordan money; do you honestly think he?s on that level?
People say we can trade him later?but who are we going to trade him to if he?s sucking and possesses a hugh contract? Who is going to want to pay a waived player for not playing?

If nothing else?remember the following clear facts. He?s an undrafted player waived twice, shipped back and forth to the D-league, and busted up his knee. NY media has blown up everybody that played on the Knicks. At one point TD was the toast of the town too?but we see what happened to him, right?

Also, I will ask this seemingly avoided question again?Has anyone here seen JLIN play after he tore up his Knee?

One thing?s for certain. The ppl within the Knicks organization and around the league know JLin way better than all of us here?and their involvements (and lack of involvement) tell it all. The only ones going linsane is Houston and the casual fans. Houston just wanted their Asain market back; they care little about winning right now. But what?s the excuse for the fans? Well actually?The answer is quite obvious. We all know Dolan has the money, and has paid plenty of underachievers, but his reluctance to match Lin, IMO was a sign of being responsible and finally showing some dedication to the team FIRST. He doesn?t need that JLin money and we should all know that by now. Get over it and move on peeps. There's absolutly nothing we can do about it...other than whining.

We have a winner here! rep point given

NewYorkInferno

Benchwarmer

Hold on. You win the lottery tomorrow morning for 25 mill you'e not signing it? What? You're hoping you win it for 10 million the day after. Lin man a smart BUSINESS decision. The only dummies in this whole thing are the Knicks...
What? thats not even comparable. Its choosing NY or Hou. At least lin shouldnt say he would have loved to come back and didnt do it for the money. It was. If he didnt care for the money he would be in NY.
That part really ticked me off about lin. Now hes just lying.

GordonGecko

Benchwarmer
We have a winner here! rep point given

who gives a sh|t about his ability, it DOESN'T MATTER. Even if he turns out to be mediocre he'll still bring the millions of new worldwide fans. He'll still make the team fun to root for, and he'll still pay for himself in new cash flows

Dolan let his ego screw the Knicks

jimkcchief88

All Star
who gives a sh|t about his ability, it DOESN'T MATTER. Even if he turns out to be mediocre he'll still bring the millions of new worldwide fans. He'll still make the team fun to root for, and he'll still pay for himself in new cash flows

Dolan let his ego screw the Knicks

Hermanism works best here: "You play to win the game" . Not be "mediocre" and win fans. Winning wins fans. Jeremy and his agents greed took over.

Kiyaman

Legend
Was Lin's "Market" value bigger than Melo/Stat/Tyson?

Jeremy Lin's market value happen to be a great lift upward for any of the NBA's small market teams.

Why did the Rockets go for him? Because it made basketball sense and marketing sense.

The Rockets not only filled a position of need, but also snagged a player who may re-establish the franchise in Asia, where the team enjoyed massive popularity during Yao Ming's career.
Lin is American-born, but of Chinese and Taiwanese descent, and his timing is perfect to capitalize on the NBA's explosive growth in China. He'll wear No. 7 for the Rockets, a change from the No. 17 he wore with the Knicks. The team began taking pre-orders for Lin jerseys online on Wednesday.
Yao was widely credited with breaking open the Chinese market for the NBA, but his retirement last summer hasn't slowed the game's growth or popularity.

Television ratings for live NBA games on CCTV5, the national network in China, were up 21 percent in 2011-12 from the previous season, the league said. The NBA had about 16 million followers on social media when Yao retired, and that number spiked to 49 million last season, the league said.

Marc Ganis, president of Chicago-based SportsCorp, says the Rockets will be able to build on Lin's marketability.
"There is still a lot of interest in the Rockets in China, even without Yao," Ganis said. "This is clearly an effort to get a good player, but also capitalize on the in-roads that the team has already made with Chinese sponsors and the fans there."
Reaction among fans closer to home was muted. While Lin's arrival was the talk of sports radio in Houston and generated a healthy dose of chatter on Twitter, the marquee at the Toyota Center mentioned only season-ticket packages for the Rockets, along with an Aerosmith concert and a WWE Smackdown.
On the basketball front, general manager Daryl Morey still has work to do.

We all can write a conspiracy-theory about Jeremy Lin's free agency, b/c they all sound good...

Kiyaman

Legend
You can't sign 2 offer sheets. July 1, you can begin to talk with free agents, agree in principle, but nothing is official until July 11. Case in point, Billy King flew out to Las Vegas at the first possible moment to get DWill to sign. Lin and Rockets have a verbal agreement on July 5. July 11 comes and goes, no offer sheet sent to the Knicks, everyone starts to get impatient. Finally the weekend hits and Lin finally signs, a previously unreported agreement that had more guaranteed money. Nothing was signed/official until July 14-15.

Thank u :agreed:
I was wondering what sports announcer or newspaper mention Lin signing before July 14th.