• Resign him and keep him long term

Votes: 27 48.2%
  • Resign him and trade him January 2013 with Amare

Votes: 13 23.2%

• Total voters

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
Jordan Schultz ‏@206Child
A fourth source jumps in telling me both Lin and Knicks haven't spoken in a while and both appalled by one another; #Knicks not matching.

VeryGundy

Benchwarmer
Jordan Schultz ‏@206Child
A fourth source jumps in telling me both Lin and Knicks haven't spoken in a while and both appalled by one another; #Knicks not matching.

I love this type of anonymous "reliable insider".

I don't think Knicks or Dolan will ever be appalled by overspending of any kind. They literally have money to burn. Lest we forget, some posters reminded me that NYK paid 40 mil to Larry Brown for one year of coaching. So there.

knickerbocker12

Benchwarmer
david stern: hey Rockets, have you heard of this dude named Chris Paul. Yeah that's right, imma **** you up gooooooooood........:peace:

im calling it-- stern shoots this down, lin re-signs with the knicks, and everyone makes nice.

expect the Dwight-less ****ets :crossfingers:

skisloper

Starter
Dolan is either extremely smart or retarded to the extreme. By not announcing NYK's intention to match Houston's offer sheet, he's got the media attention on the Knicks when Brooklyn Nets have been making more substantial signings.

But if he is counting on Felton/Kidd tandem to occupy the PG spot, I'd be very disappointed.

Disappointed ????? I would be disgusted....we have no Real SG and our PG situation is Felton and Kidd.......Knicks just look stupid and of course to top it off our veteran leader / player coach Jason Kidd gets a DUI.........WTF are we forever cursed,,,,

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Hey, if the Denver Broncos were willing to trade away the cash-cow mega star Tim Tebow, why wouldn't the Knicks let Lin go because the price is too high?

Oh, wait.

The Broncos got PEYTON MANNING in place of Tim Tebow.

The Knicks are getting RAYMOND FELTON instead of Jeremy Lin.

The Knicks cannot be that stupid and let go a player who is already a mainstream, global star with a high ceiling and a lucrative cash cow.

Last time I checked, James Dolan was a capitalist.

Yeah, really. If you're going to drop Jeremy Lin, at least make sure it's because you have someone good to replace him with.

Instead, you're getting worse.

NYNYK

Benchwarmer
I fail to understand is why were we so caught up in getting Bird Rights for Novak AND Lin if we're not matching Lin's offer? Not sure if anyone's pointed
that out yet. Common sense would point to signing Lin just based on the fact that we fought so hard to get him his Bird rights not to mention the revenue that he would bring (definite) and potential wins added (questionable). That is the sole reason that I would believe that we're still going to match the offer. Otherwise nothing makes sense.

Kiyaman

Legend
FIRE Grunwald & Allan Houston
These guys are clueless....they lead Dolan to the Melo-trade .. ISO-Melo were leading the Knicks to a LOTTERY season with a 8-15 record.
Lin-Sanity made us a playoff team.

What do u know about Felton?
Felton best season in his career was based on TD & Fields defensive-effort.
Felton & JR.Smith playingtime went way down to spot players off the bench in Denver after the Melo-trade.

Felton destroyed the Portland Blazers team in just one season .. DAMN!

skisloper

Starter
I fail to understand is why were we so caught up in getting Bird Rights for Novak AND Lin if we're not matching Lin's offer? Not sure if anyone's pointed
that out yet. Common sense would point to signing Lin just based on the fact that we fought so hard to get him his Bird rights not to mention the revenue that he would bring (definite) and potential wins added (questionable). That is the sole reason that I would believe that we're still going to match the offer. Otherwise nothing makes sense.

Because Dolan is insulted by the way Lin and his agent operated......
dumb crap......and melo saying contract is ridicoulus also just stupid like him getting more money then Lebron seems worthy.......

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Exactly. Felton is worse than Jeremy Lin at all facets of the game.

He is worse at scoring, the pick and roll, shooting, and defending. He might be a marginally better passer, but his decision making is just as terrible.

At least with Lin, his excuse is that he's new to the game and has a lot to learn. Felton has been in the league for seven years and he is worse than he has ever been. Truly, he is nothing but a starter on a terrible team, or a backup on a top-level team.

Since we don't have a PG in front of him, guess which one we are?

knickerbocker12

Benchwarmer

He is worse at scoring, the pick and roll, shooting, and defending. He might be a marginally better passer, but his decision making is just as terrible.

At least with Lin, his excuse is that he's new to the game and has a lot to learn. Felton has been in the league for seven years and he is worse than he has ever been. Truly, he is nothing but a starter on a terrible team, or a backup on a top-level team.

seriously saying we are a terrible team?? come on, youre just sore at whats transpired

orangeblobman

Rotation player

Felton is pretty bad. When we see him under Woodson this year, maybe some guys will appreciate D'Antoni more. They were mentioning Felton in All-Star discussion before the trade.

tiger0330

Legend
seriously saying we are a terrible team?? come on, youre just sore at whats transpired
You don't remember 2-11 before Linsanity with a healthy Stat, Melo and TC. A good PG made all the difference between winning and losing so it's possible Ray maybe more Mike Bibby/TD than JLin and the Knicks suck.

Felton has a lot to prove after that season in Portland, just hoping JKidd is not Mike Bibby II.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
You don't remember 2-11 before Linsanity with a healthy Stat, Melo and TC. A good PG made all the difference between winning and losing so it's possible Ray maybe more Mike Bibby/TD than JLin and the Knicks suck.

Felton has a lot to prove after that season in Portland, just hoping JKidd is not Mike Bibby II.

Yeah and I honestly do not think Felton is a good PG. In Woodson's iso-heavy system we need people who can shoot the outside shot and Felton cannot do that. He is a poor outside shooter and a very low-efficiency scorer overall, and that doesn't bode well, especially when you consider that his level of physical fitness resembled Jerome James' last year

Kiyaman

Legend

:agreed:
Great point & great arguement to prove Grunwald shouldve stuck with the assistant manager job ..
thats if he dont match Lin's high expensive offer (its not a good sign when Mchale outsmart u).

BillyHoyle

Benchwarmer
It's not my money, it's Dolan's. If he wants to demand that Time Warner pay an extra 2 dollars to carry MSG (a cost that translates over to the consumer's cable bill), and that we as Knicks fans should see ticket prices go up every year despite being swept in the first round, then yes, I think it's a price he can handle. Also, the youtube link is bad.

KingCharles34

All Star
Mchale didnt outsmart anybody, its the gm Daryl Morey thats behind what the Rockets are doing and to be honest nobody is quite sure what the Rockets are doing.

They have lost their 3 point guards over the last year or two (Brooks, Dragic, and Lowry)

They amnestied Luis Scola

They are about to lose Courtney Lee

They gave away Jordan Hill

And now they have offered Jeremy Lin a ridiculous deal where he makes 15 million the final year of a 3 year contract

Daryl Moreys plan was to land a superstar as he stated earlier this offseason. Looks like if they finally do get their star, it will be 1 on 5

Kiyaman

Legend

Heres a member that did not watch Knicks Basketball in 2011-12 season ....
u missed a helluva crazy season ....
one minute we were an expensive LOTTERY Team then BAM! Lin-Sanity.............:thumbsup: