• Resign him and trade him January 2013 with Amare

Votes: 13 23.2%

• Total voters

WeReady

Benchwarmer
1. I was being sarcastic

Couldn't tell that from the way you stay on melo's nuts

2. The more we compare Carmelo to LeBron the more hate he'll get

He was the one that put him self in that echelon, its not hate its just the truth
You open yourself up to criticism until your on the threshold of winning or going to win a championship

3. Carmelo is an elite basketball player, a starter on the Olympic team and an All-NBA performer

Melo is Melo

LBJ is LBJ

hop off his dick

No one is denying that he is and elite star gold-medal winning player. I just don't like the way the team has turned out since he got here and furthermore i believe him and his CAA cronies are running every good thing that we loved about our team right out of town. Until proven otherwise this year, like he claims, Melo will be known as a a ball-hogging, coach-killing, team obliterator who not only drove out popular players out of town before him but one of the most popular players in Lin, more popular than himself, because his ego just couldn't stand NY fans adulation for someone other than himself.

And deep down you have to believe that the writing is on the wall for anybody that crosses his path

BillyHoyle

Benchwarmer
Carmelo Anthony's draft philosophy is simple and precise: draft the best available player from Baltimore.

Anthony has made it clear to the Knicks that he'd love for the club to draft one of his Baltimore pals, Josh Selby, a 6-3 combo guard out of Kansas. Selby is all but certain to be available when the Knicks, who own the 17thpick in Thursday's NBA draft, make their selection.

:teeth:

So you're saying this is our future pg.

Anybody got some HGH?

:barf:

InGodsHands

Benchwarmer
Seriously WTF

so now we're stucked with overrated bums like Melo, Amare, JR Smith, Felton

LMAO

screw this sorry ass franchise

go Brooklyn Nets :thumbsup:

TakMan

Rotation player
Seriously WTF

LMAO

Whereas if Lin had signed we'd also be stuck with unproven, overrated, egoistic talent. Let the bandwagon exodus begin. One request though. Please do not suddenly make an appearance when we're winning and Lin's only posting average stats. With "fans" like these who needs enemies.

CA7

Scoring Champ
Seriously WTF

LMAO

hahaha.jpg

miked1958

Rotation player
It's entirely possible Lin goes out next year and is never the same player he was prior to the injury. We all don't know yet how he will be even though doctors have cleared the knee physically, some players never really get over the mental part of the injury. They go out and favor it and in turn lose a whole lot in their game. For a free wheeling PG that's not good.
Time will tell, but I think the knicks did the right thing for two reasons. For the one I just mentioned and the other being I think NYs FO finally learned its lesson given out all those BAD contracts in the past. This is a refreshing step in the right direction for change

JumpJump

Rookie
Great. So we throw away one of the nicest strokes of luck since the Pat Ewing draft, a cinderella story that fell from the sky - free of charge - just when we needed it, for absolutely nothing.

If this kid had have been a draft pick people would have been just as excited, and without all the unwarranted doubt that's been heaped upon him because of his lack of experience and one-bad-game-against-the-****ing-NBA-champions.

All it cost to keep him was the Luxury tax - something Dolan's never cared about before. No salary cap considerations, just some change from Dolan's limitless ****ing pockets.

But we have a child for an owner.

We threw away something we've been waiting for for years and got nothing in return. And can somebody remind me - what did we get Kidd for again?

tiger0330

Legend
^^Lin had a meniscus tear. Hardly a career ending injury. I would be more worried about Shump's torn ACL, knee tendinitis and meniscus injury in college that says he may have long term knee problems.

Lin was a gift for sure. First round lottery pick talent that got dropped into the Knicks lap, a seeming talent that took the NBA by storm and still has upside after only playing in 26 games. Tough to take losing Lin and seeing him develop for some other team.

orangeblobman

Rotation player
This is the day the music died.

A tragedy.

Jesus sent Jeremy Lin from the heavens, he sent Jeremy Lin to save the Knicks, and Little Jeremy Lin saved our season.

But now? We spit on Jeremy Lin. We bring in a fat ballsack and an over the hill drunkard to replace him. Smooth move, you piece of **** Dolan.

A tragedy.

miked1958

Rotation player
This is the day the music died.

A tragedy.

Jesus sent Jeremy Lin from the heavens, he sent Jeremy Lin to save the Knicks, and Little Jeremy Lin saved our season.

But now? We spit on Jeremy Lin. We bring in a fat ballsack and an over the hill drunkard to replace him. Smooth move, you piece of **** Dolan.

A tragedy.
Other then the knee which shouldn't be A problem as far as I have just heard. We gave up the future of the Knicks.

jimkcchief88

All Star
I tried to tell you guys....um um um(with a headshake).... 25 games and skipping the playoffs does not equal 25 million dollars. Period. Get over it people. I am a STL Cards fan and just got over losing Albert Puljols to the Angels for 250 million. And that was after a world series win. You can whine and cry all you want over this but J Lin and his agent are at fault for this. Once the Rockets changed the offer and included the "poison pill," the Knicks couldn't match it. Lin would have cost 43 million in year three when you included the luxury tax. No amount of t-shirts and fatheads covers that. Posters posing as KNICK fans who were really Lin fans, kindly show yourselves off KO.COM

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Other than the knee which shouldn't be A problem as far as I have just heard. We gave up the future of the Knicks.

I don't know about "the future", but certainly a good young player looking to ascend. Watching him do so (whether good or bad, for us or him) in the colors of an old nemesis is the worst part. There was never any legit guarantee that Lin would rematch or exceed his Linsanity exploits, but there was no certainty that he wouldn't, either.

It just seems so utterly ****ed that we've been barking at Dolan for a decade about the looseness of his wallet with unworthy/undeserving players; then, when we expected him to bring back the ?ber popular Lin by default, he goes against the wishes of the vast majority of his team's fans. Tell us what you really think about us Jim, you fat muppet.

If only we could have worked out some sort of redeeming package for him.

All the bird rights drama concludes with this: a heavy blow to Lin and most Knick supporters, as Dolan, who as I said, chooses this situation to change his tune. He deserves every bit of slandering that he gets, IMO, if we have another mediocre year at the point.

Still, we've brought Raymond Felton back, and as many questions as there are looming over what he's got left in that big tank of his, I can't help but feel that we would have been better off with Lin, and this whole farce could have been better handled.

MeloforMayor

BALL DON'T LIE
Crazy⑧s;243743 said:
I don't know about "the future", but certainly a good young player looking to ascend. Watching him do so (whether good or bad, for us or him) in the colors of an old nemesis is the worst part. There was never any legit guarantee that Lin would rematch or exceed his Linsanity exploits, but there was no certainty that he wouldn't, either.

It just seems so utterly ****ed that we've been barking at Dolan for a decade about the looseness of his wallet with unworthy/undeserving players; then, when we expected him to bring back the ?ber popular Lin by default, he goes against the wishes of the vast majority of his team's fans. Tell us what you really think about us Jim, you fat muppet.

If only we could have worked out some sort of redeeming package for him.

All the bird rights drama concludes with this: a heavy blow to Lin and most Knick supporters, as Dolan, who as I said, chooses this situation to change his tune. He deserves every bit of slandering that he gets, IMO, if we have another mediocre year at the point.

Still, we've brought Raymond Felton back, and as many questions as there are looming over what he's got left in that big tank of his, I can't help but feel that we would have been better off with Lin, and this whole farce could have been better handled.

Agreed. Definitely. If the front office decided to re-sign Lin, the Felton trade would not have been necessary and we'd still have the Giraffe and Gadzuric's expiring contracts as trade bait for a solid SG like Gerald Green. :drink:

pat

Starter
I told you. He handed the keys to the franchise to Melo. He was against bringing back Lin -- hence the public statement -- because Lin might take away some of the limelight. Therefore Lin will not come back. It's as easy as that: Birds of a feather flock together and Dolan, Smith and Melo do not understand basketball IQ. Therefore Lin and Fields are gone. A very sad day indeed.

jimkcchief88

All Star
Agreed. Definitely. If the front office decided to re-sign Lin, the Felton trade would not have been necessary and we'd still have the Giraffe and Gadzuric's expiring contracts as trade bait for a solid SG like Gerald Green. :drink:

Mark my words, you guys are going to be eating crow this season when you see how LIN gets exposed down there in Houston. Those athletic, uber-quick, Western Conference guards are going to take great pleasure in tormenting LIN. When he drives the lane with his right, gets stopped, and tries to turn back around, he will lose his rock every time. Basketball is a competitive sport and LIN is not a competitor as evidenced by him skipping the playoffs. $$$$$ are more important to Jeremy. But the contract will bring attention. Lin ain't sneaking up on anyone anymore. Guards with more talent and less $$$$$ are going to punish him for that contract. And talk cash to Jeremy while doing it. Wait and see. It will be worth a good laugh:)