Votes: 16 28.6%
  • Resign him and keep him long term

Votes: 27 48.2%
  • Resign him and trade him January 2013 with Amare

Votes: 13 23.2%

• Total voters

metrocard

Legend
Personally i think Jeremy Lin incepted us all.
He planned an idea that's he's GOAT in our mind.
Linception?

He's surpassed Starbury and you know when I say that its serious.

metrocard

Legend
tumblr_lzez6kANwm1qf8029o1_500.jpg

iSweIaDaG3OfS.gif

Red

TYPE-A
What can we say about Jeremy Lin and what he means to the Knicks organization?

He is currently transcending the sport. Out of nowhere, overlooked, under-rated; he is taking advantage of the biggest stage and performing up to task.

He looks like he can average 20 & 10, or can at leatst get you that on any given night. He shows poise under fire, leadership skills, a flare for the dramatic and of course... Swagger!

Any clue what this could mean? to New York? For basketball? His interview was top priority on Sportscenter... breaking news. Teams will gear up for him, we must be ready to defend as a team.

When we are whole, no injuries, we just need to put the parts together.

What don't we have? A solid starting 5, size, quickness, defense, bench scoring, clutch scoring, three pointers, dunks, alleys, and the smartest back-court in the game. Watch out.

WHAT IT MEANS: Now that was Linsane.

With the Knicks trailing by three with 1:05 to go, Jeremy Lin continued his magical run by tying the game with a layup and a free throw and winning it, 90-87, with a 3-pointer with 0.5 seconds to play. The Knicks trailed by as many as 12 points in the fourth quarter.

Lin has led the Knicks (14-15) to six straight wins. He finished with 27 points and 11 assists, including 12 points in the fourth quarTHE GOOD: Toronto did everything it could to slow Lin down. The Raptors cut off driving lanes on Lin, double-teamed him at times and beat him up when he got into the paint. But they couldn't stop him when it counted most.

The Knicks trailed by five points with 1:31 to play. Iman Shumpert made a steal and converted a dunk to cut the lead to three. And then Lin went to work.

The undrafted guard from Harvard converted a layup while being fouled. He knocked down the free throw after struggling from the line for most of the fourth quarter. On the Knicks' next possession, he nailed a 3-pointer from the top of the key to win the game, the signature moment of what has been a truly remarkable run.

AMARE RETURNS: Amare Stoudemire was away from the team for seven days mourning the death of his brother. He struggled with his shot in his return to the floor on Tuesday. Many expected Stoudemire to thrive with Lin, who is adept at running the pick-and-roll. Stoudemire appeared to be out of sync both offensively early on (started 1-for-7) and defensively. But Stoudemire came off the bench in the fourth quarter to contribute to big baskets and finished with 21 points and nine rebounds. He missed 14 of his 22 shots.

TYSON DELIVERS: Tyson Chandler had another strong game on offense while playing with Lin, finishing with 13 points (5-for-5) and nine rebounds.

THE BAD: The Knicks were outscored 22-13 in bench points and turned the ball over 16 times, leading to 21 Toronto points.

WHAT'S NEXT: The Knicks come home on Wednesday to face the Sacramento Kings, which will kick off a five-game homestand. They face New Orleans at home on Friday. New Orleans and Sacramento entered play Tuesday a combined 15-40, so New York should be able to take advantage of a soft spot in the schedule. The Knicks take on the defending champion Mavericks (18-11) on Sunday afternoon.

D-rob fan

Rookie
The NBA needs to tap into the Jeremy Lin phenomenon and get him into All-Star Weekend. Anyone know if they've named the Skills Challenge participants yet? Not saying he would win it but they would be dumb not to add him. What better way to showcase everything we love about the NBA right now than showing off Jeremy Lin.

skisloper

Starter
The NBA needs to tap into the Jeremy Lin phenomenon and get him into All-Star Weekend. Anyone know if they've named the Skills Challenge participants yet? Not saying he would win it but they would be dumb not to add him. What better way to showcase everything we love about the NBA right now than showing off Jeremy Lin.

let him rest....

D-rob fan

Rookie
The skills challenge is 1 min max per round with only two rounds (if you make it). I don't think this is going to burn him out. And I think he'd cherish the opportunity to go.

Not sure if someone posted this but I found it pretty funny.

Of course, nobody at the Knicks seemed to recognize genius when he or she saw it. Earlier this season, Lin tweeted, "Everytime I try to get into Madison Square Garden, the security guards ask me if I'm a trainer LOL."

Let's pretend he keeps this up till the end of the season and wins the MIP award, not using the amnesty on Stoudemire will come back to haunt us big time........if Lin keeps this up or anything close to it, he'll go close to max or max in the Summer and we cant offer him that money...instead wasted it on an overpayed then 31 year old.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
The positivity is infectious, and can only mean better things for each individual and the team combined.

After (Jeremy) Lin’s final shot ripped through the net, (Amar’e) Stoudemire and (Tyson) Chandler just stared at each other in happy disbelief.

“Then we started hugging each other and just dancing at halfcourt, as if we won a championship,” Stoudemire said. “I was simply amazed by, and still somewhat amazed, by the way he’s playing.”

http://www.hoopsworld.com/amare-simply-amazed-by-lin’s-playing

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Let's pretend he keeps this up till the end of the season and wins the MIP award, not using the amnesty on Stoudemire will come back to haunt us big time........if Lin keeps this up or anything close to it, he'll go close to max or max in the Summer and we cant offer him that money...instead wasted it on an overpayed then 31 year old.

Bitte stoppen sie die negativit?t.

Amar'e frustrates all of us. I'm not giving up on him just yet.

skisloper

Starter

We are allowed to go over the salary cap to sign out restricted free agent...so we can match any salary LIN if offered........

Using the amnesty on Stat would have been 60 million dollars......Dolans not throwing away 60 million dollars.

We all agree he not worth his salary but at this point there could be worse things....

Red

TYPE-A

Not true, do your research. The Knicks can match any offer, and the MLE is higher than the league avg salary.

On another note, you're a hater. As they say haters gonna hate.

It must be frustraing to know your (supposed) team has inked multiple players you are not a fan of for years to come.

I would say wait til' we compete in the playoffs, then let's see what you have to say. But it's clear you are probably a bandwagon fair-weather fan, so chances are you'll be lovin it.

Sad but hey... there are 29 other teams that you can choose to root for. I doubt I'm only speaking for myself when I say cut the negativity and repetitiveness, go root for another team with your favorite players.

You seem sad, spoiled, and uninformed. The opposite of most Knicks fans- go figure.