What to do with Lin?

• Let him walk

Votes: 16 28.6%
  • Resign him and keep him long term

Votes: 27 48.2%
  • Resign him and trade him January 2013 with Amare

Votes: 13 23.2%

• Total voters
I think this was when Lin went out to LA to work out with TC and Melo and had dinner with them and Woody. You can see some LA street signs like Century Blvd in the vid. What head coach did Atkinson work for in Houston, has to be JVG?

I can see why Lin went undrafted, he was really skinny coming out of college but has really put on some muscle with those workouts. He's put in the work to get his game at the level it is today.

No, the Wood/TC/Melo LA dinner is a separate item, when Jeremy flew down from the Bay Area to LA just for the dinner. The LA street signs in the video are from another time when Lin went to LA to shoot the Volvo commercial with Hollywood (we were wondering why he was spotted at LA airport, and people were speculating he might be negotiating with the Lakers, but he was really there just for the commercial shoot, I think). And the Atkinson dinner was in Houston right after Lin visited Houston the first time (might even have been the very night), presumable to pick Atkinson's brain while weighing the initial offer since Atkinson used to work for the Rockets. The Atkinson workout scenes from the video are in Lin's hometown in the Bay Area, I think, when Kenny flew out to meet him. Sparta Science is in Menlo park, which is not LA but the Bay Area, just like Palo Alto. He was running back and fourth between four different trainers each day, I think (Sparta Science, Doc Scheppler, Green Room Training, and some other fourth group). Kenny flew in and helped him a bit during that stint, back when everyone expected the Knicks to match anything.

Den318

Benchwarmer
My reaction everytime I see a new post in this thread about a player on the Houston Rockets in the Knicks section.
c6dgpqf

Melo's open teammate have the same reaction every time he chuck up another contested shot.

Can this thread be closed... Threads of more interest and fun value have been closed but this thread keeps getting love smh

When Knicks fans stop being interested, it will die on its own. But right now, Jeremy Lin is still linked to the Knicks, even though he's on the Rockets. Just look at the articles coming out yesterday and today about Melo telling people at the Olympics that he blames Linsanity for the "selfish" meme...as if he's never heard of it before in his life. So Jeremy Lin is still an active topic in Knicks circles. When the interest from Knicks fans dies down, this thread will sink on its own. As long as Melo keeps his big mouth shut and stops printing new Jeremy Lin/Knicks articles like he just did this weekend. Until then, it's still an active discussion and news topic in Knicks circles.

orangeblobman

Rotation player
When Knicks fans stop being interested, it will die on its own. But right now, Jeremy Lin is still linked to the Knicks, even though he's on the Rockets. Just look at the articles coming out yesterday and today about Melo telling people at the Olympics that he blames Linsanity for the "selfish" meme...as if he's never heard of it before in his life. So Jeremy Lin is still an active topic in Knicks circles. When the interest from Knicks fans dies down, this thread will sink on its own. As long as Melo keeps his big mouth shut and stops printing new Jeremy Lin/Knicks articles like he just did this weekend. Until then, it's still an active discussion and news topic in Knicks circles.

Yup.

I think interest in Lin from Knicks fans will remain strong throughout next year, with peaks coming around the Houston-New York games.

So expect this thread to have a long and healthy life.

And why shouldn't we be interested? Linsanity was one of the greatest episodes not just in Knicks history, but in the history of sports. It felt good and it's going to take a good amount of time to dissipate.

CoolClyde

Salute to Jeremy Lin's greatness

Yup.

I think interest in Lin from Knicks fans will remain strong throughout next year, with peaks coming around the Houston-New York games.

So expect this thread to have a long and healthy life.

And why shouldn't we be interested? Linsanity was one of the greatest episodes not just in Knicks history, but in the history of sports. It felt good and it's going to take a good amount of time to dissipate.

totally:agreed:
Jeremy Lin will remain in Knicks lore for as long as he continues to thrive in the NBA, as an example of just how stupid James Dolan is and always has been. one of the greatest storied spectacles in NBA history let go for nothing, because the owner felt dissed by a business decision he f*cked up. more than 1/2 of Knicks fans and KO members were hurt by this decision, and will continue to feel wronged by the idiot who runs the organization, and will continue to monitor Lin's career as either the one who got away, or the one we were lucky he turned out to be a bust. either way, the Lin thread is a reminder of what we had, whose imprint on a season will never be forgotten. Knick fans deserve as much time as necessary to mourn and bemoan the loss of Lin; let this thread serve as a monument to his greatness, however long-lasting it may be.

Benchwarmer
Now I know why you go by the name of "Cool" Clyde! :thumbsup:

Hey, knicksince 93, if you don't like what you see, then:

Walk on by! :smokin:

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
Now I know why you go by the name of "Cool" Clyde! :thumbsup:

Hey, knicksince 93, if you don't like what you see, then:

Walk on by! :smokin:
I'll just leave this here
Relax and get yourself a sense of humour, Mr. Moderator. :rolleyes:

P.S. My last post here. (Don't cry!) :lol:

The negativity on this forum is much too depressing.

Cliche warning: Life is too short, choose your battles wisely.

TakMan

Rotation player
totally:agreed:
Jeremy Lin will remain in Knicks lore for as long as he continues to thrive in the NBA, as an example of just how stupid James Dolan is and always has been. one of the greatest storied spectacles in NBA history let go for nothing, because the owner felt dissed by a business decision he f*cked up. more than 1/2 of Knicks fans and KO members were hurt by this decision, and will continue to feel wronged by the idiot who runs the organization, and will continue to monitor Lin's career as either the one who got away, or the one we were lucky he turned out to be a bust. either way, the Lin thread is a reminder of what we had, whose imprint on a season will never be forgotten. Knick fans deserve as much time as necessary to mourn and bemoan the loss of Lin; let this thread serve as a monument to his greatness, however long-lasting it may be.

Thread should be dead by the end of November then.

tiger0330

Legend
The trainer wearing Knicks colors in that video is Knicks Assistant Coach Kenny Atkinson. He flew out to Cali to help Jeremy work on going left and his handles (not sure if it was Knicks-approved or on his own time, since JLin was a free agent and not with the Knicks during off-season). He was also the staff member Jeremy Lin bonded with the most, since he was instrumental in helping Jeremy prior to his Linsanity breakout. Kenny also dined with Jeremy in Houston during the free agency talks. Kenny was the former head of player development and assistant coach for the Rockets. I wonder if Kenny is considering following Jeremy back to Houston, or if he's staying with the Knicks.
Looks like Atkinson is leaving the Knicks according to Isola. Going to the Hawks and not the Rox, he's a good coach for a young team and with the Knicks being the oldest team in the league there's not a lot for him to do.

Looks like Atkinson is leaving the Knicks according to Isola. Going to the Hawks and not the Rox, he's a good coach for a young team and with the Knicks being the oldest team in the league there's not a lot for him to do.

Yeah, I saw that, too. Pity. Atkinson is a good coach. He goes the extra mile, like flying out to Cali to help Lin in the off-season. Sure beats whatever Herb Williams is doing by staying innocuous and surviving so many purges. Does anyone even know why Herb Williams is here or what he does for the team? Or is it one of those Isiah-type attachments that Dolan has for cronies?

kinein

Benchwarmer
Class act as always. It contrasts how much hate some people have for someone that is genuinely a good person. He didn't have to tell the kid to keep supporting the knicks or tell the kid that the knicks would still be good.

TakMan

Rotation player
Class act as always. It contrasts how much hate some people have for someone that is genuinely a good person. He didn't have to tell the kid to keep supporting the knicks or tell the kid that the knicks would still be good.

It's called PR and self promotion. I'm not saying there's no chance he's a decent guy, but to base your opinion on this would be as shallow as thinking coca cola were a good company cos they've got really joyful christmas ads.