Votes: 16 28.6%
  • Resign him and keep him long term

Votes: 27 48.2%
  • Resign him and trade him January 2013 with Amare

Votes: 13 23.2%

• Total voters

knicksin60

Starter
I heard some people suggest that the Knicks trade Jeremy Lin for Rajon Rondo. I couldn't believe what I was hearing. Why would anyone trade Lin for the overrated Rondo? Rondo would be cleaning bathrooms at Walmart this afternoon had it not been for the Big 3 in Boston.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
Lins averages during the month of february

20.9ppg
8.4apg
4rpg
2.1spg
5topg

47.2 fg%
32.5 3PT%

As far as point guards go, that puts him up there with D-Will, CP3 and Rose. Just a matter of short time before hes better then all of them

ty ks. n some people on here are actually saying we should start baron n bring lin off the bench. just ludicrous talk imo.

tiger0330

Legend
The new jumpman logo? The chair in the air way up there:

image.jpg
Damn, I just commented in some other thread that Lin is not freakishly athletic but that looks like a 38 inch vertical. That's leaping son.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
I heard some people suggest that the Knicks trade Jeremy Lin for Rajon Rondo. I couldn't believe what I was hearing. Why would anyone trade Lin for the overrated Rondo? Rondo would be cleaning bathrooms at Walmart this afternoon had it not been for the Big 3 in Boston.
:lol:

I'd rep you for that, but that's common sense.

portega1968

El Cacique
ty ks. n some people on here are actually saying we should start baron n bring lin off the bench. just ludicrous talk imo.

totally agree bro'

I mean, come on people.... Rondo for Lin? Davis start instead of Lin?

These moronic ideas are proof that the worse thing God created are idiots with self-initiative.

quiggle

Starter
regardless of his level of play, in the end of the day Lin is only as good as his marketability, when sales of shirts, jerseys or other paraphernalia go down to mediocre status regardless if he is like Mark Jackson the Knicks will certainly look to trade him for another player who can start a new fresh marketability. once theyve milked Linsanity for what its worth, trade him by all means. there is no loyalty in sports today between team and player, just look at what the Steelers did to Hines Ward and Giants will do the same Brandon Jacobs

wynton

Rookie
How seriously do you guys take D'Antoni's comments about the possibility that Baron Davis could replace Lin as a starter?

I think this is nothing more than D'Antoni being respectful of Baron Davis, and that it would actually take a huge drop-off in Lin's production before something like that would seriously be considered.

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
MDA talking about Boom taking over the starting PG spot is nothing more than a way to keep both Lin and Baron motivated.

wynton

Rookie
Today's NYT has a story, already reported elsewhere, about the possibility of Lin and BD playing together. According to the article, Davis would take primary point responsibilities, and Lin would play off the ball.

I would not like this for extended time, mostly because it would screw up the rest of the rotation. Also, I think they would be a very poor defensive combination.

But for playing a team like Miami which is capable of exerting an unusual amount of pressure on the ball-handler, it might well make sense, at least for stretches.

tiger0330

Legend
But for playing a team like Miami which is capable of exerting an unusual amount of pressure on the ball-handler, it might well make sense, at least for stretches.
Good point. Baron is the better ball handler and that's why coaches like D'Antoni get paid millions to figure this out.

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
Kid is just thrown into deep. It takes time before he knows how to adjust his game. You can't call a rookie who's been playing that well a fraud, especially looking at the money he makes. He makes typical rookie mistakes, he deserves some credit, but when he gets tough times we should play Baron with his experience. No big deal.