• Resign him and keep him long term

Votes: 27 48.2%
  • Resign him and trade him January 2013 with Amare

Votes: 13 23.2%

• Total voters

iSaYughh

Starter
*Lin had the same number of TO's as Baron, in 11 more minutes of court time

4 boards, 5 assists, some clutch baskets late.

And how about all the misses around the rim by Melo and Atari, off Lin passes?

Not a good game, but not horrible. If these are his "shit" games, which I think they are, he is far from a fraud.

Especially w/ his novice experience, and playing teams who won't roll over for him.

If our max contract superstars ever start playing like it, and with the authority and expert control you'd expect from them, it will only make the job of Lin easier.

On top of everything else, Lin has been asked to stabilize the entire ship of the team, and harness the performances of Melo and Amare -- on top of his own game.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee

Not a good game, but not horrible. If these are his "shit" games, which I think they are, he is far from a fraud.

Especially w/ his novice experience, and playing teams who won't roll over for him.

If our max contract superstars ever start playing like it, and with the authority and expert control you'd expect from them, it will only make the job of Lin easier.

On top of everything else, Lin has been asked to stabilize the entire ship of the team, and harness the performances of Melo and Amare -- on top of his own game.

dance.gif

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..... Ooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhh....

Aaaaaaaaaagggghhhhh. iSaYughh!!!:peace:

That is one of the more perfectly written posts I've seen since the cretaceous period. An attempt to add to it would do you injustice.

+ green.

insanity4289

Benchwarmer
totally agree bro'

I mean, come on people.... Rondo for Lin? Davis start instead of Lin?

These moronic ideas are proof that the worse thing God created are idiots with self-initiative.

I heard some people suggest that the Knicks trade Jeremy Lin for Rajon Rondo. I couldn't believe what I was hearing. Why would anyone trade Lin for the overrated Rondo? Rondo would be cleaning bathrooms at Walmart this afternoon had it not been for the Big 3 in Boston.

Lins better then Rondo in just about every aspect of the game. Why would we want a point guard that cant shoot?

I'm a huge Knick fan but it pisses me off how people have no reality of life because they are so biased by their team

I dont understand how anyone thinks Lin is better than Rondo. The only thing that Lin is better than rondo at is shooting. And in all honesty thats not that important especially in Dantoni's offense when Rondo would be surrounded by all of our talent.

That being said there is no way Boston would trade rondo for Lin

Last edited:

iSaYughh

Starter
Crazy⑧s;214605 said:
dance.gif

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..... Ooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhh....

Aaaaaaaaaagggghhhhh. iSaYughh!!!:peace:

That is one of the more perfectly written posts I've seen since the cretaceous period. An attempt to add to it would do you injustice.

+ green.

Super-Mario-Brothers-adj.jpg

:smokin: Ahhh, the best and most joyous period outside of having barebacked a high-school girl with surprisingly wise facial features.

I am still but the Luigi to your Mario. :beer:

VeryGundy

Benchwarmer
I'm a huge Knick fan but it pisses me off how people have no reality of life because they are so biased by their team

I dont understand how anyone thinks Lin is better than Rondo. The only thing that Lin is better than rondo at is shooting. And in all honesty thats not that important especially in Dantoni's offense when Rondo would be surrounded by all of our talent.

As a longtime Knicks fan who started following them during the Bill Bradley era, I will keep Lin over Rondo no matter what. Don't get me wrong. Rondo has more skills than Lin. However, as a father of two teenagers, I love having Lin on my favorite team. I can tell me kids to study hard and enjoy playing basketball at the same time. What's not to like about Lin? He is a freaking Harvard grad and plays decent PG for New York Knicks. He is humble and is not so full of himself. He doesn't throw ball at the ref when he gets upset.

I want my kids to grow up like Lin rather than Rondo. Rooting for the Knicks became so much easier when we have a real role model on the team.

NYCLakerfan

Rotation player

Everything you is true but at the same time if Lin can't handle the pressure against the good teams on the road it disrupts the whole flow of the game.

You mentioned how BD and Lin had basically the same amount of TO with BD playing less time, that would indicate to most ppl BD had the worst game but if you go back and watch that game the team flowed so much better with Baron. Plus you have to look at the content of their TO most of Barons was off unnecessary passes where he was being too flashy while most of Lin's off of being pressured and bad ball control. The reason I bring this up is because Baron's TO can be fixed very easily with just a little more caution, while Lins mistakes hints at his extreme inexperience and lack of confidence shown against MIA and Boston.

But anyway I'm not even faulting Lin this is expected he basically almost a rookie out there, my only issue is that this team is trying to win now and maybe going with the more experienced PG in Davis to keep things cool and the pressure down when the Knicks play Bos, MIA, or Chi in the playoffs would do the team good. Plus I also think Lin would play a lot better leading the 2nd unit not worrying about if Melo or Amare should get the ball.

VeryGundy

Benchwarmer
But anyway I'm not even faulting Lin this is expected he basically almost a rookie out there, my only issue is that this team is trying to win now and maybe going with the more experienced PG in Davis to keep things cool and the pressure down when the Knicks play Bos, MIA, or Chi in the playoffs would do the team good. Plus I also think Lin would play a lot better leading the 2nd unit not worrying about if Melo or Amare should get the ball.

I like this idea a lot. Teams are sending hard doubleteam at Lin hard and it seems to be pretty obvious now that he couldn't handle it well. He is, after all, still a rookie. I like his poise and over the course of time I think he will become a lot better.

For now, would it make more sense to have him coming off the bench? Businesswise, this move makes little sense as Linsanity is going global. But would it be better for Lin if he is not under so much pressure to deliver right away?

The work and dedication is something I cannot complaint to most Knicks players, except the highest-paid Carmelo and Amar'e.

Jeremy Lin should not play with both bigs and Melo. It is JUST not working. because you got what? Two big guys inside that painted area + Melo's defender just sitting 2 steps from the paint (he can't stay close to melo because melo can dribble in)

Jeremy Lin also needs to have better peripheral vision, and sometimes he needs to have the ability to enter the paint without pick and roll. because nowadays what the other team does, is to just block Jeremy by the 3pt line, and then he is stuck, and he doesn't know where to go.

Lin also needs to earn more muscles, with the legs to maintain or increase his speed, and with a stronger upper body to resist strong PGs eating him up.
Dual PG could have helped knicks for some today, except Dual PG cannot work with iso-melo, because they're shot creators, but not exactly the perfect type of shooter.

Amar'e simply forgot what is defense. He doesn't contest shots like Chandler, who is even taller than him. Freezing him on the bench sounds like a good deal temporarily.. although his midrange and FTs are better than Dwight Howard.

Melo selfishly took the shot for end of regulation, and Novak was almost wide open. He is too into his personal glory, although at times we do need that toughness.
Melo also took 5 seconds to draw a foul, so... What the heck? He's giving up or what! Why do you not shoot a damn 3, and if you don't want to, let Jeremy, or Novak do it! Gah!

That T by shumpert is simply stupid. It's going to sound incredibly harsh, but without that T and the FT, knicks could have won by 1 point. it's how cruel NBA is... and it's why NOBODY in NBA should earn Ts against his own team.

Ideal startup: Lin, Novak, Jefferies, Chandler, Shumpert
Ideal bench: Melo, fields, Stoudemire, Amar'e, JR Smith

let Lin to be with the unselfish team... Billups probably couldn't won the champs with selfish players. The startup I am talking about, is very dangerous. Lin (Penetration, assist),Novak (3-pt spotter),Jefferies & chandler are extraordinary at rebounds, and chandler is good at pick n' roll. Shumpert provides defense, some explosiveness, and he'll share the ball if the shot opportunities are not great.

why bench Melo+Amar'e+Fields+Davis+JR
First of all, all 10 people earned more than enough to be starters. Starters are just a "statistic". when the opposing team runs their bench team, this knicks bench can kill. When the other team is still running with their 1st team, a fresh powerful bench can wear them down a lot. Melo can do the shooting job. Amar'e loves that stuff too (he is too lazy with defense...). Fields gets to virtually be a PF, grab rebounds that Amar'e can never reach... Davis does penetration, 3s or whatever like a PG, and JR can add some fire into 'melo's offense, plus Melo fortunately is willing to ship the ball to JR, but not always for everybody else...

Small lineup:
Lin/Davis, Jefferies, Melo, Shumpert, Novak
and substituting Novak for Lin+Davis would make Jefferies=5,Melo=4 can make it even smaller and faster.

End of regulation (trailing)
Novak, Lin, Melo, Chandler, Shumpert
except chandler, everybody has 3-pt shooting ability, and AS LONG AS MELO shares balls with everybody, Knicks will live

Defensive Lineup
Davis/Lin, Chandler, Jefferies, Fields, Shumpert
without Lin the offense of this will be quite weak, but a bit better with Lin, while getting a bit worse with defense

When knicks gets a superPG, like D-Rose, D-Will or Rondo, or the physically superior ones, they should start Davis. If it's like Kidd/Nash/Harris, they should let Lin start and run the offense.

I think trading Amar'e + Melo for Iguodala + Howard sounds reasonable. Upgrade for the paint, slight downgrade for the swingman sounds reasonable. Plus Iguodala is less selfish. but we can only afford losing Bibby and Toney Douglas. I'm sorry for them two, but NBA is more about victory&business, not much about love...

Last edited:

wian

Benchwarmer
Good Points from Everyone

the way i see is it is that Lin is going to make mistakes. In all fairness, when Stat and Mello were out, Lin was the one who got things rolling and got us on that winning streak practically resurrecting our season.

And considering what Lin is getting paid compared to Mello and Stat, which is Peanuts - The 2 big name players in our team need to have a good hard look at themselves and pull their finger out !

Lin will get better over time. After all, to be as good as the likes of Stockton, Rondo, or Nash wont happen overnight. I am sure Jeremy Lin will be a fantastic and much more consistent player after he gets a few years experience under his belt...

cheers:beer:

tiger0330

Legend

Not just Rondo, Lin is my dude but off the top of my head there are at least 6 PGs that are better Rose, Irving, Wall, Paul, Rondo and Curry. Linsanity has been a ride but there are reasons Lin went undrafted, he may have developed enough game to start in the NBA but he will never be an elite PG.

insanity4289

Benchwarmer
As a longtime Knicks fan who started following them during the Bill Bradley era, I will keep Lin over Rondo no matter what. Don't get me wrong. Rondo has more skills than Lin. However, as a father of two teenagers, I love having Lin on my favorite team. I can tell me kids to study hard and enjoy playing basketball at the same time. What's not to like about Lin? He is a freaking Harvard grad and plays decent PG for New York Knicks. He is humble and is not so full of himself. He doesn't throw ball at the ref when he gets upset.

I want my kids to grow up like Lin rather than Rondo. Rooting for the Knicks became so much easier when we have a real role model on the team.

Of course you would rather have your kids emulate Lin's actions than Rondo's but that doesn't change the fact that Rondo is the more talented player.

fakeknicksfan

Benchwarmer
You people are ridiculous. Lin had a bad game. He's better than rando. If knicks don't want Lin, Lakers will be happy to have him.

elcol

Rotation player
Not just Rondo, Lin is my dude but off the top of my head there are at least 6 PGs that are better Rose, Irving, Wall, Paul, Rondo and Curry. Linsanity has been a ride but there are reasons Lin went undrafted, he may have developed enough game to start in the NBA but he will never be an elite PG.
are you serious, the team is new, no player becomes an elite PG in less than half a season and already you are giving prophecies out of your ass? Lin has already shown what he can do, yet you believe he can't be elite when he is so young and has so much space to develop and improve, physically and mentally and with the X's and O's?

get out of here with that talk..

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
I want there to be evidence of these assist totals for Rondo. I bet there is a lot of phantom ones.

At least the assist king is still leading the league in them.

CoolRunnings

Benchwarmer
I'm a knicks fan but I can even admit Rondo is better than Lin. This should not even be an arguement.

Rondo is a two time All-star, a champion, a better defender, and has better court vision. To even think Lin is better is way too premature.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Super-Mario-Brothers-adj.jpg

I am still but the Luigi to your Mario. :beer:

There is no way that is the case. I make game threads and whine about our highest payed players. :lol:

You've put together some very classy posts in your time, sir.

Luigi to my Mario indeed.:lol:

NYCLakerfan

Rotation player
I like this idea a lot. Teams are sending hard doubleteam at Lin hard and it seems to be pretty obvious now that he couldn't handle it well. He is, after all, still a rookie. I like his poise and over the course of time I think he will become a lot better.

For now, would it make more sense to have him coming off the bench? Businesswise, this move makes little sense as Linsanity is going global. But would it be better for Lin if he is not under so much pressure to deliver right away?

Yea if this team was a lottery team with no expectations of going far I'd say let him start and gain his experience but this team is built to win now they can't afford to make all these mistakes and have basically a rookie learning the game on the fly.

Like you said business wise it's not a good move because of Linsanity but basketball wise it makes more sense, to me Baron just felt more natural with the starting lineup when Lin got in early foul trouble yesterday.

wynton

Rookie
Of course, Rondo is light years ahead of Lin right now. And I agree that there are half a dozen other point guards better as well, if not a few more.

But those are not knocks against Lin. At this moment, the league just happens to be overloaded with some great point guards. More importantly, there is no reason to believe that Lin's ceiling isn't high.

With regard to the Celtic game, I have a few thoughts.

First, the turnovers were ridiculous, and most of the team was guilty of this. It was undoubtedly the biggest factor in the loss.

Second, while BD had a nice stretch in the second quarter, I thought that the key to the fourth quarter comeback was when Lin decided to get aggressive and attack the basket. Unfortunately, his shot was off and the layups weren't falling (especially in overtime).

And that brings me to my last point. I think that Lin has been too deferential at the start of the past two games. This is probably due to a combination of factors: trying to spread the ball around, avoid turnovers and deal with increased defensive pressure. But he needs to remember that it is his aggression that really turned this team around in the first place.