Votes: 13 23.2%

• Total voters

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
422494_10150691593978234_671223233_9330442_26469065_n.jpg

NYCLakerfan

Rotation player
Lin is not the problem at all in our team IMO

We are bloody lucky to have him on our team because we would be in the shit even further if he wasnt here, and he deserves to be on the starting 5 unlike a few others that i wont care to mention ....

I wish more ppl understood basketball more in depth yes Lin's play is a huge problem, but I don't even blame him it's understandable it's mostly the coach who's hoping Linsanity will start again so his job will be secure. What don't some of you get that MDA system literally lives and dies by an effective Point Guard. In this system Lin is the most important player on the floor out of the starting 5 there's a reason this team looked so good when he's played well and like shit when he has a mediocre to bad game.

I really believe Lin has a solid future and should and could eventually start but his time is not now he has not shown any improvement against traps and aggressive defenders he's just not ready to handle all this responsibility that MDA is putting on him.

kinein

Benchwarmer
Found this interesting while on espn.

Lin shouldn't have adjusted his game.I thought that was the biggest mistake of the post linsanity craze. Everyone made such a big deal of Lin getting amare and melo shots. They took Lin's game away. They made it about melo contradicting there wants for team ball. Something they were doing pre amare and melo's return. Then after watching Isaiah and dolan. Make trade after trade. They now want more trades. Lmao. Knick fans are so confused.

But its sickening listening u guys complain about the offense when u guys clored 96 pts. Here's a clue. It's not the O its the D that has u losing

Since when was this an individual sport. These hi priced 'superstars' need to pull their own weight and start earning their oversized paychecks and not put the burden on a second year rookie, take charge Melo and Amare!!

And this rookie just came back from D-League but still people are using every way to emphasize his weakness and mistakes. Judging from the paycheck difference between the 'superstars' and this little dude, I think the rookie is entitled to have a couple of more turnovers.

Don't forget that Knicks down 14 in 3rd with Lin on bench and ur Melo on court.

VeryGundy

Benchwarmer
But Lin has to make adjustment to this newly found attention he is getting from every team. In today's game against the Sixers, he was getting pressured the minute he touched the ball in the backcourt. They made him work. Teams also have figured out what Lin likes to do when he drives to his right.

Lin has to make adjustment to the adjustment other teams are making. Otherwise, his career is going to be very brief. He can't go on turning the ball over as often as he did.

red32

Benchwarmer
But Lin has to make adjustment to this newly found attention he is getting from every team. In today's game against the Sixers, he was getting pressured the minute he touched the ball in the backcourt. They made him work. Teams also have figured out what Lin likes to do when he drives to his right.

Lin has to make adjustment to the adjustment other teams are making. Otherwise, his career is going to be very brief. He can't go on turning the ball over as often as he did.

I think we are putting too high of expectation on Lin, a rookie with what, about 10 games experience? We have to take a look at how long it took the other "elite" pg's get to where they are right now.

lookgrabpull

Benchwarmer
I think we are putting too high of expectation on Lin, a rookie with what, about 10 games experience? We have to take a look at how long it took the other "elite" pg's get to where they are right now.

True.

example: Steve Nash (excerpts from wikipedia):

"After graduating with a degree in sociology,[7] Nash was selected 15th overall by the Phoenix Suns in the first round of the 1996 NBA Draft. Upon hearing the draft announcement, Suns fans booed in disapproval of the relatively unknown player.[7] This was because despite his impressive college accomplishments, Nash had not played in one of the major college conferences. During his first two seasons in the NBA, Nash played a supporting role behind NBA star point guards Kevin Johnson, Sam Cassell, and later, Jason Kidd.[6] Both Johnson and Cassell had NBA Finals experience, while Kidd was the second overall pick in the 1994 NBA Draft and already an All-Star when he arrived at Phoenix.
In his rookie season, Nash only managed 10.5 minutes a game,[12] but in his second season, his playing time increased significantly and he was even ranked 13th in the league for three-point field-goal percentage.[6] Nevertheless, the Canadian's tenure with the Suns did not last...

"It was in Dallas that Nash established himself as a formidable point guard, beginning a decade as one of the game's top players. During his first year as a Maverick (the lockout-shortened 1998?99 season) he started in all 40 games he played in, and averaged 7.9 points, 2.9 rebounds and 5.5 assists per game."

Lin has room to grow. He's a young player with a lot of heart and a lot of potential. He needs guidance, support and COACHING and he'll do great things for us.

kinein

Benchwarmer
Great interviews.

Doc Sheppler 3 part interview series on Lin

http://www.jeremylin.net/2012/03/amazing-interview-with-doc-sheppler.html

http://www.jeremylin.net/2012/03/amazing-interview-with-doc-scheppler.html

http://www.jeremylin.net/2012/03/amazing-interview-with-doc-scheppler_10.html

Excerpts from part 3.

jeremylin.net: In your opinion, how good can he be?

Doc: If he keeps getting better, he can be an all-star...I believe in him with all of my heart.... He's just so special.

jeremylin.net: Is there a player, past or present, that you can compare him to?

Doc: He will be the next Steve Nash... He's only 23... He's only going to get better!

Here are more questions from our site:

Reebok: During the off-season, does JLin have a quota on the number of 3 point shots per day to work on? How about free-throws?

Doc: It wasn't a set number it was more the quality of the workout... We wanted to master all the shooting situations. At the end of the day it ended up being around 500 shots... Free throws combined... This summer with his shot already established, we'll tackle more these situations more.... and hopefully make these shots a part of his game that he reactively performs..

ABC Baller: Coach: I notice that Lin shoots much better off the dribble, than from spotting up. Why the difference, and how can he improve his stand still shooting ?

Also, can these shooting drills increase the accuracy of pull-up jump shots, fallaway jump shots, post-up turnaround jump shots ... etc. Or are those skills completely different ?

Doc: Hes more comfortable off a dribble because that's who he was before seeing me... Believe me his catch and shoot is to die for... He needs to develop that"shooters mind set" where he's planning to shoot prior to the catch...instead he reverts back to "let me see if I'm open"... then shoots it... That'll come with more drill work and good pick up in the off season..." Plan to shoot.... react to drive" is the mindset I want all shooters to have when away from the ball.

These are all situational shots that require consistent drill work to master... Thats the goal... to master all the shots like a golfer masters...and be great at every single one... This summer our main goal was a consistent repeatable eternal release... It's done..You'll see him shoot better and better.

YMB: JLin appears to be just an average or slightly below average FT shooter for a PG. It would seem like that's one area he should be really strong in given that he gets to the line so much. Does he have any special routine for his FTs? Any specific path to improvement?

Doc: He should be better! I thought his arc angle was too high a week ago (interviewed on 3/3/12)...and I reminded him about snapping his wrist and having tight rotation on the ball....and also ending his follow thru at a 45 degree angle.. Also shooting a lot of FT's RIGHT before the game and also at halftime to have a better feel when he steps to the line...He's about a 90% FT shooter in repetitive practice..but game FT shooting is different.. you have to have that 15 foot muscle memory stored and ready when you get the chance..at different intervals... He'll only get better because of his form change being a little over a year in the making!

RioFan: Is Jeremy making plans to train with the Coach again this off-season? Can Jeremy bring L. Fields along?

Doc: Yes and I can't wait to get my hands on Landry's shot....if I get the opportunity...He has some flaws...needs a quicker jump, better rhythm,,,looser grip... wrist snap...It will be a piece of cake..

kinein

Benchwarmer
I wonder if Gary Payton will work with Jeremy Lin again 1 on 1.

Gary Payton on jeremy Lin "Im going to body him up and beat on him all day"

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052970203918304577241710317187398.html

Maybe now he can go 1 on 1 in the future.

Payton said he and Lin still exchange text messages, but never truly went head-to-head on the court in their training sessions. "He basically just wanted to play me all the time," Payton said. "That was his dream. I told him: You're not ready to do that. I'm not going to give you the opportunity until you prove it."

wynton

Rookie
Lin is playing like a promising rookie. He's got flaws in his game and is making mistakes, but there are much more serious problems.

My list of bigger problems:

1. Team defense.
2. Stat
3. Melo
4. Terrible shooting from all of the guards.

Lin might be number 5.

NYCLakerfan

Rotation player
I still don't understand how most of you don't realize that Lin's on court performance is the most important thing in that starting lineup.

Mike D'antoni needs to be called out for putting too much on Lin because he hopes Linsanity can start again and he can ride Lin like he did Nash. This terrible coach needs a good PG to make him look like a decent coach and Lin is basically a rookie he's not ready for that yet.

kinein

Benchwarmer
I still don't understand how most of you don't realize that Lin's on court performance is the most important thing in that starting lineup.

Mike D'antoni needs to be called out for putting too much on Lin because he hopes Linsanity can start again and he can ride Lin like he did Nash. This terrible coach needs a good PG to make him look like a decent coach and Lin is basically a rookie he's not ready for that yet.

We are scoring enough to win all these games. Its defense that is killing us.

We were keeping teams down to an average of 90 pts in the Feb. Run.

Bucks scored what 120?

* This all has to do with effort and commitment.

Anyone that has struggled for long periods of time toward a goal can appreciate that.

Can you respect Tyson Chandler's opinion? He just said this a few minutes ago in Chicago Pre-Game

Back in Chicago, where Tyson Chandler began his career, he had a large group of media around him before the game.

Asked about the Knicks, Chandler said, "We’ve got to get back and look back at what we were doing when we were winning. We had a fast-paced offense, getting up and down the floor. Our defense was getting set. We were communicating out there. I think a lot of times now we’re letting our offense dictate our defense."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
So what else has changed - Adding back in Amare and Carmelo, New addins of Baron Davis and JR Smith. That is a total of 4 new guys added in forcing all the rest to adjust as well.

Also the impact of Amare Carmelo on defense, communication, hustle, pace of offense.

tkrieger

Benchwarmer
We are scoring enough to win all these games. Its defense that is killing us.

We were keeping teams down to an average of 90 pts in the Feb. Run.

Bucks scored what 120?
Brandon Jennings lit up the Nets for 34 points......... This is the same guy who heaved two air balls defensed by Jeremy Lin one-on-one......

If the Knicks can somehow attain an off-the-bench mega-rebounder, Linsanity will return.

kinein

Benchwarmer
Brandon Jennings lit up the Nets for 34 points......... This is the same guy who heaved two air balls defensed by Jeremy Lin one-on-one......

If the Knicks can somehow attain an off-the-bench mega-rebounder, Linsanity will return.

If they had Jeffries - You bet we would have won a lot more games the last 6 we played. Rooting for Knicks to REBOUND HARD after this hump-game. Really excited. Yah lol nice post :)

rogeryy

Benchwarmer
I just thought if we want to talk about Lin, we should discuss, at least some of it, in this thread.

Here's what I want to discuss:

Can Lin bring us a title? He is, to many people, just an average PG, or a B- type PG.

I'd say YES! He can bring us a title. Why?

You can't just look at numbers. Kobe shot 3 for 20 last night against the Utah Jazz but he's still a star.
Lin is capable of scoring more, but he'd rather sacrifice his numbers to get a team win. He once said the reason he didn't like D-League was becasue people there only cared about numbers/statistics. He's definitely got the agressiveness needed to fight for the title. And it will happen. Mark my word.

NYCLakerfan

Rotation player
I just thought if we want to talk about Lin, we should discuss, at least some of it, in this thread.

Here's what I want to discuss:

Can Lin bring us a title? He is, to many people, just an average PG, or a B- type PG.

I'd say YES! He can bring us a title. Why?

You can't just look at numbers. Kobe shot 3 for 20 last night against the Utah Jazz but he's still a star.
Lin is capable of scoring more, but he'd rather sacrifice his numbers to get a team win. He once said the reason he didn't like D-League was becasue people there only cared about numbers/statistics. He's definitely got the agressiveness needed to fight for the title. And it will happen. Mark my word.

See thats asking too much from Lin too soon he can be an integral part of a championship team but he's not gonna be the player that leads you there.

Benchwarmer
My thinking is that no matter how well Jeremy Lin plays, if the rest of the team doesn't play well, then there is no title. If he plays lousy, and the rest of the team plays well, who knows for sure as it only takes one extra point to win a game.

It has to be a group effort.

kinein

Benchwarmer
My thinking is that no matter how well Jeremy Lin plays, if the rest of the team doesn't play well, then there is no title. If he plays lousy, and the rest of the team plays well, who knows for sure as it only takes one extra point to win a game.

It has to be a group effort.

Yup. Thats why I've been happy to see the effort Amare, Carmelo and the rest of the team has shown in terms of defense and rebounding. Oh and Landry for sure - he can't let teams shoot 3s on his watch - wide open.

Glad that Woodson is bringing the accountability hammer to the court.