• Resign him and keep him long term

Votes: 27 48.2%
  • Resign him and trade him January 2013 with Amare

Votes: 13 23.2%

• Total voters

metrocard

Legend
Tina Cervasio reports:
Jeremy Lin said his knee started hurting him in games vs Toronto & Detroit -back-to-backs/ 3rd & 4th games in 5 days.

Just in case I forget to post this elsewhere : Knicks are resting tomorrow (Tuesday) - The teams starting to hurt pretty badly.

* http://www.82games.com/1112/1112NYK.HTM

* http://www.nba.com/statistics/plusminus/plusminus_sort.jsp?pcomb=1&season=22011&split=9&team=Knicks

Guess who is #1? :)

Cool stat, but freaked me out to see M. Bonner with a 260 +/-

Linsanity in Canada

I thought you Knicks fans and Linsanity fans might be interested to know that Linsanity is still bigger than ever north of the border. We went to the ACC before the Knicks were set to take on the Raptors last Friday (Which ironically ended in a blow out...sorry guys) and we interviewed a bunch of people and Linsanity was nuts! Check out the video:

Keep in mind too, this year most games are pretty low key for us because of how terrible we are, but this game was definitely sold out! ALl for Linsanity...oh and Steve Novak too!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7TTW...DvjVQa1PpcFMMCnMTk8Px4DwXfc6yDfMNMc1Uj6-Ex0I=

red32

Benchwarmer
I thought you Knicks fans and Linsanity fans might be interested to know that Linsanity is still bigger than ever north of the border. We went to the ACC before the Knicks were set to take on the Raptors last Friday (Which ironically ended in a blow out...sorry guys) and we interviewed a bunch of people and Linsanity was nuts! Check out the video:

Keep in mind too, this year most games are pretty low key for us because of how terrible we are, but this game was definitely sold out! ALl for Linsanity...oh and Steve Novak too!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7TTW...DvjVQa1PpcFMMCnMTk8Px4DwXfc6yDfMNMc1Uj6-Ex0I=

You can say whatever with Linsanity, he is just good for business. :)

p0nder

Starter
Yeah Lin is a boon for the NBA and will continue to be. i fully expect him to remain a knick. Dolan's got those $$ in his eyes.

What do you guys think though?

As Knicks fans, are you excited about the prospect of him being your point guard of the future, or do you think at best, long term he is a good backup?

I mean he was passed up by lots of teams before he landed in NY and the situation might have played into the whole phenomena.

From an outside perspective I think its dangerous to throw a bunch of money at a guy who has one decent season (albeit he did save the franchise temporarily)

As a Raptors fan I've seen Colangelo throw way to much money at one hit wonders. Then again, none of those guys carried the same following of a Yao Ming or a Jeremy Lin

Benchwarmer
As Knicks fans, are you excited about the prospect of him being your point guard of the future, or do you think at best, long term he is a good backup?

I mean he was passed up by lots of teams before he landed in NY and the situation might have played into the whole phenomena.

From an outside perspective I think its dangerous to throw a bunch of money at a guy who has one decent season (albeit he did save the franchise temporarily)

As a Raptors fan I've seen Colangelo throw way to much money at one hit wonders. Then again, none of those guys carried the same following of a Yao Ming or a Jeremy Lin

Between increased ticket prices, increased sales in Knicks merchandise,
and sponsors, I think the Knicks would gladly "throw" a bunch of money
Lin's way. :smokin:

According to this article, and I don't know if the figure is correct,
but I imagine it's much higher:

?We suspect Lin could be responsible for $40 million to $80 million
in higher revenues,? says Rishe. ?His impact on the league
revenue stream is really quite amazing.?

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/jeremy-lin-linsanity-new-york-knicks-nba-293919

red32

Benchwarmer

Between increased ticket prices, increased sales in Knicks merchandise,
and sponsors, I think the Knicks would gladly "throw" a bunch of money
Lin's way. :smokin:

According to this article, and I don't know if the figure is correct,
but I imagine it's much higher:

“We suspect Lin could be responsible for $40 million to $80 million
in higher revenues,” says Rishe. “His impact on the league
revenue stream is really quite amazing.”

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/jeremy-lin-linsanity-new-york-knicks-nba-293919

So I got a guy who gets me $40m - $80m more profit, and I don't have to pay him THAT much (what, 5m next year? and compare to how much Melo and Stat are getting), PLUS, he can actually play a little (and make the team plays better) - I hate this term, but I'll have to use it here - it's a no-brainer!

Lin's profit return makes him an excellent investment.

So I got a guy who gets me $40m - $80m more profit, and I don't have to pay him THAT much (what, 5m next year? and compare to how much Melo and Stat are getting), PLUS, he can actually play a little (and make the team plays better) - I hate this term, but I'll have to use it here - it's a no-brainer!

Lin's profit return makes him an excellent investment.

Ok thats fine and dandy from an owners perspective, but as fans do you guys think its the right move basketball wise? Do you think he can continue to put up numbers for an entire career? I am actually just curious.

His global marketability is obviously worth it for the owners I was just wondering basketball wise.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
I think there's no doubt he can be a very solid point guard. He might never put up those Linsanity-type numbers again, but I see him as a guy capable of getting a solid 15 PPG and 7 assist per game, kinda like a Kyle Lowry or Mike Conley type guy. And that's pretty damn good, if you ask me.

elcol

Rotation player
I think there's no doubt he can be a very solid point guard. He might never put up those Linsanity-type numbers again, but I see him as a guy capable of getting a solid 15 PPG and 7 assist per game, kinda like a Kyle Lowry or Mike Conley type guy. And that's pretty damn good, if you ask me.

dont forget, he is a very young, and HARDWORKING player, for people like that in the NBA, the sky is the limit, anyone can be a star in the NBA, just most do not have the work ethic :D

kinein

Benchwarmer

nice vid! welcome to the thread :)

kinein

Benchwarmer
The Linsanity continues - yes the whole : HOPE, HUSTLE, ENERGY, TEAM, WORKING TOGETHER that JLIN brought to the team - CONTINUES ~ waiting for that next episode is starting to drive me nuts.

So without further ado - Jeremy Lin Going LEFT! SHUTTUP HATERS!

lol.

TakMan

Rotation player
For me there was never such a thing as 'Linsanity'. Or any '<insert player name>sanity'. This is the New York Knicks; and the New York Knicks just beat the Milwaukee Bucks, and thrashed the Orlando Magic without Lin and Stoudamire. This team is far bigger and far more important than one player. How many of you will actually stop supporting the Knicks if Lin leaves? Continuously posting about someone who is recording 14/6 is borderline spam. We win as a team, and we lose as a team.

EDIT: I understand this is a Jeremy Lin thread, so can we at least contain the constant spamming on here.

kinein

Benchwarmer
For me there was never such a thing as 'Linsanity'. Or any '<insert player name>sanity'. This is the New York Knicks; and the New York Knicks just beat the Milwaukee Bucks, and thrashed the Orlando Magic without Lin and Stoudamire. This team is far bigger and far more important than one player. How many of you will actually stop supporting the Knicks if Lin leaves? Continuously posting about someone who is recording 14/6 is borderline spam. We win as a team, and we lose as a team.

EDIT: I understand this is a Jeremy Lin thread, so can we at least contain the constant spamming on here.

:alert: Now your baiting & trolling in the Jeremy Lin thread :alert:

Please-dont-feed-the-trolls.jpg

He is just looking for an argument and fight.

:update: There is only 1 other Lin specific thread on page 1 of the main forums. It will quickly fall off the front of the forums. If you don't want to read it - don't open this thread. :update:

353oco.jpg

FFDMerryChristmas.jpg

Flamebait (more commonly known as trolling) is a message posted to a public Internet discussion group, such as a forum, newsgroup or mailing list, with the intent of provoking an angry response (a "flame") or argument over a topic the poster often has no real interest in.[16] While flaming can occur as a result of legitimate debates or grievances, flamebait implies the intentional posting of inflammatory rhetoric or images.

Key-points : Previous poster - states he has no interest in Jeremy Lin, posts in the Jeremy Lin Thread, and then states that posts about Jeremy Lin in the Jeremy Lin thread - dedicated to Jeremy Lin = Spam.

As stated, flaming can stem from a variety of issues, including misunderstandings, frustration, and perceptions of unfairness. One motive (from trolls especially) is the desire for attention and for entertainment derived at the expense of others. Posted flamebait can provide the poster with a controlled trigger-and-response setting in which to anonymously engage in conflicts and indulge in aggressive behavior without facing the consequences that such behavior might bring in a face-to-face encounter. In other instances, flamebait may be used to reduce a forum's use by angering the forum users.

FFDlazyCat.jpg

Spike Lee is available for your flames on twitter or at Madison Square Garden.

Kenny Smith speaks :thumbsup:

Lets go Knicks! Lets go underdogs! Preparation meets Opportunity.

Last edited:

TakMan

Rotation player
:alert: Now your baiting & trolling in the Jeremy Lin thread :alert:

Please-dont-feed-the-trolls.jpg

He is just looking for an argument and fight.

:update: There is only 1 other Lin specific thread on page 1 of the main forums. It will quickly fall off the front of the forums. If you don't want to read it - don't open this thread. :update:

353oco.jpg

FFDMerryChristmas.jpg

Flamebait (more commonly known as trolling) is a message posted to a public Internet discussion group, such as a forum, newsgroup or mailing list, with the intent of provoking an angry response (a "flame") or argument over a topic the poster often has no real interest in.[16] While flaming can occur as a result of legitimate debates or grievances, flamebait implies the intentional posting of inflammatory rhetoric or images.

Key-points : Previous poster - states he has no interest in Jeremy Lin, posts in the Jeremy Lin Thread, and then states that posts about Jeremy Lin in the Jeremy Lin thread - dedicated to Jeremy Lin = Spam.

As stated, flaming can stem from a variety of issues, including misunderstandings, frustration, and perceptions of unfairness. One motive (from trolls especially) is the desire for attention and for entertainment derived at the expense of others. Posted flamebait can provide the poster with a controlled trigger-and-response setting in which to anonymously engage in conflicts and indulge in aggressive behavior without facing the consequences that such behavior might bring in a face-to-face encounter. In other instances, flamebait may be used to reduce a forum's use by angering the forum users.

FFDlazyCat.jpg

Spike Lee is available for your flames on twitter or at Madison Square Garden.

Kenny Smith speaks :thumbsup:

Lets go Knicks! Lets go underdogs! Preparation meets Opportunity.

My request was that we don't turn every thread (with the exception of this one) into a Lin centered thread. Even game threads become centered around this topic, often bypassing moments of collective effort on both ends of the court. Clearly there is far more to the Knicks than just Lin. Or just Stoudamire; Or just Anthony etc. I don't expect everyone to understand this logic, which is why I take my previous statement back.

kinein

Benchwarmer
My request was that we don't turn every thread (with the exception of this one) into a Lin centered thread. Even game threads become centered around this topic, often bypassing moments of collective effort on both ends of the court. Clearly there is far more to the Knicks than just Lin. Or just Stoudamire; Or just Anthony etc. I don't expect everyone to understand this logic, which is why I take my previous statement back.

:peace:

Your point is taken - but Lin is not playing and hasn't played for 2 games now. Now if someone is responding to a comment such as Baron > Lin -> I think someone with an opposing opinion is entitled to respond.

Though -> If anything address the individual posters and not everyone that likes Lin with your grievance.

I think I make a lot of posts centered on other players and took your previous post as directly addressed to me - due to the fact that your post happened to appear after a series of mine in the Lin thread.

Looking forward to seeing Shumpert have another career high today :) and the rest of the team play at the top of their game.

Lets go Knicks! :gony: