• Resign him and keep him long term

Votes: 27 48.2%
  • Resign him and trade him January 2013 with Amare

Votes: 13 23.2%

• Total voters

TakMan

Rotation player
:peace:

Your point is taken - but Lin is not playing and hasn't played for 2 games now. Now if someone is responding to a comment such as Baron > Lin -> I think someone with an opposing opinion is entitled to respond.

Though -> If anything address the individual posters and not everyone that likes Lin with your grievance.

I think I make a lot of posts centered on other players and took your previous post as directly addressed to me - due to the fact that your post happened to appear after a series of mine in the Lin thread.

Looking forward to seeing Shumpert have another career high today :) and the rest of the team play at the top of their game.

Lets go Knicks! :gony:

Shumpert has been adding some consistency to his game. He's our best perimeter defender by far. It will be interesting to see if he can continue to shoot well or whether he's having a first year Landry Fields syndrome. Either way we should win this. The Hawks have over exerted themselves this week. I'll leave the rest of this discussion for the game thread tonight. Good stuff.

Benchwarmer
For me there was never such a thing as 'Linsanity'. Or any '<insert player name>sanity'. This is the New York Knicks; and the New York Knicks just beat the Milwaukee Bucks, and thrashed the Orlando Magic without Lin and Stoudamire. This team is far bigger and far more important than one player. How many of you will actually stop supporting the Knicks if Lin leaves? Continuously posting about someone who is recording 14/6 is borderline spam. We win as a team, and we lose as a team.

EDIT: I understand this is a Jeremy Lin thread, so can we at least contain the constant spamming on here.
I'm confused. Isn't this a Knicks fan site? I agree that the New York
Knicks are far bigger and more important than one player.

But, aren't there fans everywhere, including this site, who appreciate
and are fans of one player more than another? Why does it bother you if some of us post
about one player? Do you criticize other people who post about other
players? And, yes, I take your post as a criticism of Lin fans.

I just don't understand why it should bother you so much? Are there
rules I don't know about? If so, please, moderators let me know!

AND, how is discussing a Knicks player SPAM???!!!

Last edited:

metrocard

Legend
Saying good bye to my Lin sig...its been a fun ride.

iUhViVl5SAl65.gif

iSaYughh

Starter
I have this dream running in the back of my head, that I can't helpt but feel has a chance of happening....Lin comes back this round, we have a team renaissance riding Lin at PG....come back to win the series.

Peter

Benchwarmer
I dont think miracle can happen, he should not come back this year in case he get injured again. Back next year with shump together with 100% heathy.

tkrieger

Benchwarmer
I have this dream running in the back of my head, that I can't helpt but feel has a chance of happening....Lin comes back this round, we have a team renaissance riding Lin at PG....come back to win the series.
Talk about a Linderella story....................

Cuckoo

Benchwarmer
I dont think miracle can happen, he should not come back this year in case he get injured again. Back next year with shump together with 100% heathy.

Miracles do happen once in awhile. Look what happened to game 1 between Clippers vs Grizzlies. I watched it and didnt change my channel and still couldnt believe what happened. Down by 24 with less than 8 min in the 4th, they came back and won in front of a sellout Grizz crowd. If you dont call that a miracle, I dont know what is.

Even if Lin comes back and plays on Sunday, he is doomed. The deck is heavily stacked against him. Might as well just kick back and enjoy the game from the sideline in his blue suit and tie.

Cuckoo

Benchwarmer
If Lin comes back and leads the Knicks to 4 straight win, we have to trade Melo, Amare and build around him.

Only way Lin can lead us to 4 straight wins is to convince his alumnus Barack Obama to sell Florida back to Spain to reduce national deficit before game time. Knicks win by default and Heat become a FIBA team.

Edit: Obama is a big fan of Linsanity and it just might work!

STAT1

Starter
The Knicks could pay as much as 35 million dollars in luxury tax if they match Houston 30 million dollars offer. I don't think Dolan would go for that.

Check out this link from Forbes:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/allenst...h-50-million-poison-pill-free-agent-contract/

Morey didn't go to MIT for nothing.

You're talking about the same owner who ended up paying Larry Brown $40M for 1 terrible season of coaching in NY. The Knicks are not gonna let Lin go to the Rockets, trust. Especially after how they owned us in that terrible Tracy McGrady trade. Dolan is not gonna let Morey make a fool of him twice (well, hope not anyway). Lin brings in easily more than $35M worth of marketing value to the Knicks franchise, which more than covers those luxury tax penalties, IF we end up having to pay them. Once again, the Knicks can still search for opportunities to dump 1 of their big contracts after the 2014 season to solve that problem. No one thought the Hawks would be able to dump guys like Joe Johnson & Marvin Williams, that is until they just did this summer.

STAT1

Starter
http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/da...eremy-lin-after-missing-out-on-steve-nash.ece

According to ESPN's Chris Broussard, the Knicks are expected to "match any offer" for Jeremy Lin after missing out on free agent point guard Steve Nash Wednesday. Which means that even if the Mavs have a genuine interest in bringing Lin-sanity to Dallas, it's likely a moot point.
Lin is reportedly in Houston meeting with the Rockets, but the Knicks have the right to match any offer sheet Lin signs because he's a restricted free agent.
It was first reported by Marc Stein on Tuesday that the Mavs could have an interest in Lin after Deron Williams announced his intentions to stay with the Brooklyn Nets. In 35 games last year, Lin averaged 14.6 points, 6.2 assists and 3.1 rebounds with the Knicks.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Well, hopefully he signs Houston's $31M contract offer and that's the extent of it.

Interested to see what Dallas and Toronto offer, but not concerned in any way that Dolan will not match. Undoubtedly he believes Lin's fame is his own handy work.

Last edited:
J-Lin is going to have to play a lot more games in order for me to see if he's worth that money.

I think some people either forget or blindly over look the simple fact of the Knicks having other great players on this team that is helping JLin look better than he actually is. If he (Lin) hasn't improved his handle, his defense, and his toughness/durablility...I'll pass on him and let Houston make fools of themselves again. I like JLin, but he is not a franchise player (yet), as of now...he's just a decent, smart, pass first PG with room for potential....potential that may be stunted due to his recent injury/surgury on his knee. If he's on a team with players that don't match the skill sets of the Knicks (Stat, Mello, Chandler, J.R) he and that franchise will have serious problems.

mafra

Legend
It doesn't matter b/c our window is 3 years. LIN will be manegable this season & the next one. After that, this poison pill would only hurt Dolan's wallet for year #3. Obviously, comitting to 10 mil per year for 2 seasons is crazy for an unproven waiver-wire player... But Knicks have no alternative now.

LIN being the unknown is really our only hope for a title. If he's a borderline, scoring... 15 & 8 type PG, then we have a real asset. If he isn;t, then he's no worse than any other starting PG option we're left with anyhow.

Dolan will make so much cash having LIN that it'll pay for itself. Will only cost NYK in luxury tax penalties for 1 season.

iSaYughh

Starter
J-Lin is going to have to play a lot more games in order for me to see if he's worth that money.

I think some people either forget or blindly over look the simple fact of the Knicks having other great players on this team that is helping JLin look better than he actually is. If he (Lin) hasn't improved his handle, his defense, and his toughness/durablility...I'll pass on him and let Houston make fools of themselves again. I like JLin, but he is not a franchise player (yet), as of now...he's just a decent, smart, pass first PG with room for potential....potential that may be stunted due to his recent injury/surgury on his knee. If he's on a team with players that don't match the skill sets of the Knicks (Stat, Mello, Chandler, J.R) he and that franchise will have serious problems.

No.

Lin made our overrated players look better, and corrected what may have been the worst on-court team chemistry in the NBA.

Which was why the team looked the best when he was the PG, and had the most control over the offensive flow, and why we looked like ****ing fools before him.

Also, Lin came in during stretches where we were the most ravaged by injuries; so it is also incorrect to say he had the MIA starting cast surrounding him and sheer talent propelled him.

Much like the NYK, pre-Melo, and under MDA, when we had well put together pieces, and ran an effective offense -- even with a lack of bottom line talent and holes on the roster -- we looked like a legitimate team on the rise.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
if worst comes to worst with the whole lin contract i say we work out a sign and trade for em with the rockets. i would love to have kyle lowry here in NY he's a terrific PG who can run a team. have him as the center piece and maybe a draft pick and we'd be in good shape. that being said, i think its highly unlikely we let lin go no matter the cost. im not too worried about the whole backloaded contract doubt the rockets would do another one and tie up their cap space on asik and lin in a couple of years. i heard reports its a 4yr 30 mill with 8 mill per year