Votes: 16 28.6%
  • Resign him and keep him long term

Votes: 27 48.2%
  • Resign him and trade him January 2013 with Amare

Votes: 13 23.2%

• Total voters

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
If we trade Shumpert for Felton I might just stop supporting the Knicks.

Sure, let's trade our only promising young player for a fatass who's going to show up to camp overweight.

nuckles2k2

Superstar
wtf.jpg

21 Shump Street

Benchwarmer
Fellas just think about this logically for a moment, Grunwald is a genius, but still Dolan's bitch, we will be matching Lin. If we don't care about the luxury tax, then even if Lin doesn't live up to his potential, what do we have to lose?

Grunwald could have easily told Felton to spread that rumour, the rockets were also considering going hard for Felton if they did not get Lin. So we throw them off the scent of Felton and get him via S&T (Gadzuric), then the rockets are helpless as we match Lin's offer. Seem's a stretch but perfectly doable and Grunwald has come up trumps so far.

Ball movement was pretty stagnant for most of last year but with Kidd, Felton & Lin all on the roster (with Kidd & Felton able to play the 2) we will have outstanding ball movement for our big 3 at all times. Grunwald could be looking ahead and seeing Shump may notbe able to retain his form by the playoff's and keeping us extra insured.

Rockets are then stuck with TD as their pg hahaha, they threw us a curve ball with the backloading contract so whose to say we aren't doing the same to them?

elcol

Rotation player
Fellas just think about this logically for a moment, Grunwald is a genius, but still Dolan's bitch, we will be matching Lin. If we don't care about the luxury tax, then even if Lin doesn't live up to his potential, what do we have to lose?

Grunwald could have easily told Felton to spread that rumour, the rockets were also considering going hard for Felton if they did not get Lin. So we throw them off the scent of Felton and get him via S&T (Gadzuric), then the rockets are helpless as we match Lin's offer. Seem's a stretch but perfectly doable and Grunwald has come up trumps so far.

Ball movement was pretty stagnant for most of last year but with Kidd, Felton & Lin all on the roster (with Kidd & Felton able to play the 2) we will have outstanding ball movement for our big 3 at all times. Grunwald could be looking ahead and seeing Shump may notbe able to retain his form by the playoff's and keeping us extra insured.

Rockets are then stuck with TD as their pg hahaha, they threw us a curve ball with the backloading contract so whose to say we aren't doing the same to them?

"You must spread some reputation before giving it to 21 Jump Street Again"

Marry me

Paul1355

All Star
Rumour circulating on insidehoops.com (not the most credible), that Knicks are doing a S&T of Shumpert for Felton and it's being finalised, no source though.

We could just be trolling the rockets and getting Felton and Lin. Felton & Kidd can play the 2 at times and this means we will always have plenty of ball movement.

I will be all for starting Lin at the 2 spot and having Kidd/Felton play point but then we would have a log jam of PG with prigioni, Lin, Felton, Kidd and then when Shump comes back we have a million guards

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Well I have no idea what emotions he was feeling, but getting all that praise, all that merchandise being made so quickly, there was a few games during that incredible streak that would not surprise me if he had pressure. In fact, he stepped up insanely in the fourth quarter of those games, maybe overcoming the pressure in the same game.

WeReady

Benchwarmer
Update 10:08 p.m.: The Houston Chronicle reports that talk of Felton given assurances the Knicks will not match Lin's offer sheet are false. It's possible the Knicks could still match the offer.

Update 10:08 p.m.: The Houston Chronicle reports that talk of Felton given assurances the Knicks will not match Lin's offer sheet are false. It's possible the Knicks could still match the offer.

Just saw this as well. The part of this story where it was Felton who is revealing to the world that the Knicks won't match Lin's offer was hard to accept from the start. Strange and unpredictable offseason continues to get stranger and more unpredictable.

WeReady

Benchwarmer
Alan Hahn ‏@alanhahn
Worth considering: Felton/Lin PG tandem with Kidd spending time as two-guard at this stage of his career as we saw in Dallas so often.

28m Alan Hahn ‏@alanhahn
Twitter promotes instant reactions based on sudden information, but Lin/Knicks scenario demands a little more reporting and less reacting.

35m Jonathan Feigen ‏@Jonathan_Feigen
Felton deal with Knicks "not done," source said. Everyone confident it will be. There will be a meeting late tonight after last game.

So this is getting done tonight i presume i don't think we are trolling Houston i think we don't want to pay luxury tax for 4 players in 3 years....... to be continued

Other than this guy Mark Haggard on Twitter (about 200 followers total), anyone else reporting the part of this story where anyone of significance has said the Knicks won't match Lin?

It would be genius and I hope you're right...

BillyHoyle

Benchwarmer
Everybody just calm down and let this thing play out.....The knicks can do whatever they want as far as trades go and still match Lin's offer. The decision is entirely up to them because of the early bird decision.

WeReady

Benchwarmer
what i don't get is why fight for and win early bird rights if your going to let the guy potentially walk?

CA7

Scoring Champ
what i don't get is why fight for and win early bird rights if your going to let the guy potentially walk?

25 million for a guy with 25 starts, basketball wise its not smart there is a reason guys get rookie contracts they gotta earn their money, not saying Lin should get a decent deal but really