Votes: 16 28.6%
  • Resign him and keep him long term

Votes: 27 48.2%
  • Resign him and trade him January 2013 with Amare

Votes: 13 23.2%

• Total voters

Tokie420

Benchwarmer
Honestly I'm so tired of how this team is being handled AGAIN. If they don't resign Lin I think I might become a Nets fan honestly. Almost 15 years now this team has been a trainwreck to watch.

Adios. Dont comeback when its apparent NY still belongs to the KNICKS and we whoopin that ASS next year. Fans that even say ish like that arent true fans.

tiger0330

Legend
whwhY

Other than keeping Lin for the ancillary money he may bring the Knicks there is no reason to sign 4 PGs.

I would be shocked if the Knicks match for Lin. It will be controversial if they don't bring him back but when the Knicks hold their news conference explaining why they didn't re-sign Lin they'll say they would have loved to keep him but it was simply too much money and would have killed their financial flexibility in the future.

It also screws the Rockets just when they thought they were screwing us, paying more for Lin then they would've paid for Dragic and Lowry. Good for Grunwald calling the Rockets bluff, let them gamble that Lin is worth star money in year 3.

Wargames

Starter
Adios. Dont comeback when its apparent NY still belongs to the KNICKS and we whoopin that ASS next year. Fans that even say ish like that arent true fans.

I will keep it 100 Lin isn't even the tip of the iceberg of crap Knicks fans have dealt with. If he leaves I will be pissed as all hell but by now I'm jaded. Also the Nyets AKA the Neohawks suck.

Wargames

Starter
Other than keeping Lin for the ancillary money he may bring the Knicks there is no reason to sign 4 PGs.

I would be shocked if the Knicks match for Lin. It will be controversial if they don't bring him back but when the Knicks hold their news conference explaining why they didn't re-sign Lin they'll say they would have loved to keep him but it was simply too much money and would have killed their financial flexibility in the future.

It also screws the Rockets just when they thought they were screwing us, paying more for Lin then they would've paid for Dragic and Lowry. Good for Grunwald calling the Rockets bluff, let them gamble that Lin is worth star money in year 3.

They have no financial flexibility regardless if the keep Lin or not. Also 3 years is a long time away. I really can't see them not keeping Lin. He'll keeping Lin after signing Felton and letting the raptors have fields would be arguably some of the best GM'ing in Free Agency this year. It could happen but if he is let go it's because of the luxury tax not basketball reasons. I would love to see the Knicks keep Lin and really screw the rockets. I mean it would kill their season.

oshi

Benchwarmer

I take what I said back I'm just angry as hell right now. I don't want to watch Isoball all year. If you think the team NYK have lined up can even make up past round 1 of the playoffs next year you on some good stuff. Lin at least has incredible amounts of potential and made the team fun to watch.

If anything my west coast team (The Nuggets) will be a team I root for a lot more if Lin isn't resigned. They are a lot of fun to watch, and Galo/Will Thrill also have a lot of potential to beast in this LG. In fact trade Melo for either of them back and I'd be a lot more happy than giving away Lin that's for damn sure

tiger0330

Legend
They have no financial flexibility regardless if the keep Lin or not. Also 3 years is a long time away. I really can't see them not keeping Lin. He'll keeping Lin after signing Felton and letting the raptors have fields would be arguably some of the best GM'ing in Free Agency this year. It could happen but if he is let go it's because of the luxury tax not basketball reasons. I would love to see the Knicks keep Lin and really screw the rockets. I mean it would kill their season.
I would love if Gruny kept Lin. Linsanity was the best story for the NY Knicks in years. Just don't see it happening, if they were going to keep Lin they would gotten a SG instead of Ray and Felton himself said someone told him the Lin deal was off.

Wargames

Starter
I would love if Gruny kept Lin. Linsanity was the best story for the NY Knicks in years. Just don't see it happening, if they were going to keep Lin they would gotten a SG instead of Ray and Felton himself said someone told him the Lin deal was off.

Idk about what Felton said but I do think Felton might be the best available player who was willing to take what the Knicks had to offer. I mean it foye is cool but is he really gonna outplay JR and Shump in the end? And the guys who can outplay JR and Shump want more than the mini MLE. Felton on the other hand will get his minutes more and more over the next 3 years as Kidd grows older. Also he loved it in NY that trade severly hurt his career.

CA7

Scoring Champ
LOL Werent you the one who always complaint, "why do you guys always have to bring Melo in?"
No sir! I am not one of those who had bytched about their contracts. The difference is Melo and Stat's contracts count against the cap and Lin's doesnt.

Kill any flexibility? What flexibility are you talking about beside Dolan dolling out more dough??

Lin's contract has ZERO affect on our cap, now or 3 years later!

Lin's deal does have an effect on our cap after this year his balloon salary in year 3 might essentially effect us from making any major moves as all we would have is this 3mil mle and draft picks or lack there of

I'm using a cell phone right now but from my understanding if we match there is no way we can compete outside of this year as our ability to effectively add role players will be shot, what if Lin is not the answer at PG and he flops, then we have a huge deal deep in the luxury tax and no room to grow

Felton, Kidd and Prigioni should get the job done, if we maintain Lin I'll be fine with that but realistically its a big risk

Lilnickywood20

Benchwarmer
Lin, Kidd, or Felton Starting PG?

This is assuming Lin gets resigned anyways. I still believe the knicks when they say they would sign Lin up to 1bill.

I say Lin keeps the starting Gig in the beginning. We see how chemistry works throughout the season

Kidd should see more time at Sg and Felton can get 15-20 off the bench at whatever gaurd spot (hes a bit short @ 6ft for a SG)

I would be happy with this rotation

Lin, Felton, Kidd, Pablo
JR Kidd, or Kidd JR, Lin at times
Melo, Novak, James White, JR
Amare, Thomas, Melo, Novak
Chandler, Camby, Parakhouski (maybe)

When Shumps back

Lin, Felton, Kidd, Pablo
Shump, JR, Kidd
Melo, Novak, JR (White may not be needed)
Amare, Thomas, Melo, Novak
Chandler, Camby, Parakhouski (maybe)

Last edited:

MeloforMayor

BALL DON'T LIE
TommyBeer: Jared Jeffries, on ESPN radio this morning, say he believes the #Knicks will NOT match, and Lin will play for the Rockets next season.

TommyBeer: Per @NYPost_Berman - NY will NOT match Lin, in part b/c they felt Lin deceitfully shared in-house info w/ Houston: http://t.co/bLtjR1d8

FWIW, I still think the Knicks are going to match that offer. As many posters have said, he's too valuable of an asset to just let go.

nixon7

Benchwarmer
LIN is the only COMBO guard on team

Kidd and Felton are strictly PGs. Shumpert and Smith are strictly SGs (and/or SF).

Jeremy Lin is the only player on the team who can play at a high level at BOTH PG and SG.

That is why you match the offer sheet.

Also, you can always make a trade in two years to alleviate the tax penalty.

tiger0330

Legend
Hearing rumors about grant hill on hoopshype now, knicks are in the running and his wife is preferring that he comes to NY
The Knicks really are turning into a retirement home for old NBA players looking to supplement their retirement incomes. If we get him we have to be the oldest team in the NBA.

nixon7

Benchwarmer
My history on this forum

I also predicted the Billups amnesty for Chandler on this forum BEFORE it happened. Look it up.

I rarely post and I keep it simple, clear, and to-the-point.

I believe my posts may be read by Knicks executives (so there).

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
Can everyone CHILL out for a few minutes...

Can we look at this from the Knicks side. Why would you not resign a young money generating icon. A team who in 3 years will be in wheelchairs, giving up their young youthful PG. It makes no sense even for the Knicks.

Except, maybe they have a reason.

The Knicks were bitter because they told Lin immediately the club would match the original offer and Lin apparently shared the information with the Rockets. Lin and Houston then plotted to redo it.
Lin secretly flew into Las Vegas without informing the Knicks to renegotiate the contract and sign it.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/knic...in_offer_IaFOfENCk85407zzt3ynxK#ixzz20hcONGlP

As we have good evidence that Lin did not want to be a Knick, through bitchblood or whatever the reason LIN decided not to be a Knick, as you can see the Knicks were going to match but Lin said "F*ck them" and ampted the offer up so we wouldn't match. He wants nothing to do with winning or Melo.

So please everyone stop blaming the Knicks FULLY because its also in part due to the actions of
306529.jpg

CoolClyde

I am just so surprised they are giving Felton 9 mil. Did they watch him play last year? He deserves a 1 year deal he needs to prove himself again. This is almost as bad as the contract Fields got. ****ing ridiculous. If I wake up and my twitter feed says Knicks letting Lin walk I'll probably throw up right then and there honestly man

bye bye OSh*t! Felton is a true PG, and insurance. he played well for the Knicks and it's great to have him back, he helped STAT shine and god knows we need that more than anything. to get him in a S&T is a great move, IMHO. now chill.