Votes: 16 28.6%
  • Resign him and keep him long term

Votes: 27 48.2%
  • Resign him and trade him January 2013 with Amare

Votes: 13 23.2%

• Total voters

VeryGundy

Benchwarmer
Lin thinks we need him more than he needs us.
He was humble at first saying all the right things.

I am in agreement with you that Lin is not a 15-mil PG now and may not be in 3 years.

But we should stop putting words in Lin's mouth. This Lin saga is a train wreck going nowhere fast. And some of the posters here are acting like their gf just dumped them. C'mon, guys. We were cheering for Linsanity when he pretty much brought NYK back from near-death. Now some of you are dismissing his contribution as if he made no contribution to the team.

Just let Dolan figure this one out. He is the one who has to sign the checks.

One thing that i have thought of that makes me a bit sad about losing Lin is that he was basically a rookie since he got no PT in GS and came out the gates on fire for us for just 25 games. That is one thing i'll admit that is sad about losing Lin is that its like the Cavs letting Kyrie Irving go for nothing.

SomeUser

Rookie
it really bothers me how reactionary knicks fans are. jeremy lin is NOT worth 15 mill in the nba buddys. sorry to inform you guys but we would be paying lin about 4million more than what rondo would makes. at the old price the i would have matched but there seems to be some truth to the story about him scheming with the rockets organization behind ppls backs. yao has also been in his ear. id kinda like to see him go being that we have so many bandwagon knicks fans now who jumped on during that whole corny linsanity thing. ppl who never gave 2 licks about basketball all of a sudden were fanatics of the game. makes me sick. i wonder how supportive of the knicks that same community will be when he isnt around.

this fraud leaving might not be such a bad thing, he obviously has an ego bigger than he lets ppl see. he quuit on us in the playoffs watching on as stat played with 1 hand and melo played his ISO-Melo as u clowns refer to it.

quick question, what was the style called at the height of linsanity? wen he would dribble for 24 seconds and drive it to the rim? teamball lin?

and lets stop acting like the hype had nothing to do with his ethnicity. let that whore go to HOU to take care of Yaos leftovers. houston is obviously trying to cash in on the asian community once again and they will gobble it all up because his bandwagon supporters know NOTHING about basketball but 17.

i actually had asian ppl arguing to me that he was a better player than MELO! unbelievable bro, but they will jump ship soon enough

Any sources on these? I keep seeing people say it on these forums, but haven't seen it anywhere else. Are they just rumors?

@Crazy8's, It would be great if you did that.

VeryGundy

Benchwarmer
Second of all, "solid" means average. Felton is not average. He is slightly below average. Serviceable, yes, but nothing more than that. You are allowing your judgment to be clouded based on Felton's shooting numbers with Denver. Things like 3-point percentage are fluky that's why you have to look at a larger sample size than a short period of games. Put Felton in an iso-heavy offense, and...

Felton looked great in MDA's up-tempo offense. He is not a half-court PG. I still don't understand why NYK went after this guy. He doesn't run half-court set well. He is not a great spot-up shooter. And he is overweight.

Woodson's ideal PG is Kidd because his offense is built around iso. He needs PG to bring the ball up and hand it to his star player. That was his offense in Atlanta and I saw the same thing after he took over last season.

I am still scratching my head over this potential signing.

LINvincible

Benchwarmer
One thing that i have thought of that makes me a bit sad about losing Lin is that he was basically a rookie since he got no PT in GS and came out the gates on fire for us for just 25 games. That is one thing i'll admit that is sad about losing Lin is that its like the Cavs letting Kyrie Irving go for nothing.

Exactly!
They are letting a good young PG walk for nada. It's like finding a rare gem and then throw it away because you think it's a fake.

Knicks4Life_1985

★The Floor General★
2007?08 Chicago 66 18 22.6 .387 .348 .813 1.8 4.0 .7 .0 5.8
2008?09 New York 79 78 36.8 .421 .391 .856 3.1 7.2 .9 .1 11.1
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2009?10 Charlotte 80 80 33.0 .459 .385 .763 3.6 5.6 1.5 .3 12.1
2010?11 New York 54 54 38.4 .423 .328 .867 3.6 9.0 1.8 .2 17.1
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010?11 Golden State 29 0 9.8 .389 .200 .760 1.2 1.4 1.1 .3 2.6
2011?12 New York 35 25 26.9 .446 .320 .798 3.1 6.2 1.6 .3 14.6

3 Players who were thought of as trash before the Knicks signed them... If you feel like doing your homework look at the season they played after leaving NY and Mike Dantoni ... Now tell me again why it is logical to pay the guy 25 mil over 3 years

Im gonna miss Lin, here's a tribute for him for carrying us into the playoffs...but we got to move on now.

kobe_2012-02-11.jpg

bOILn.jpg

shumpalin_2012-02-12.jpg

jwin_2012-02-10_3.jpg

405571_10101287831053129_8805944_66771108_1162451925_n.jpg

FX5fM.jpg

tumblr_lzf6o2xffg1qhnyfco1_400.jpg

tumblr_lzgt52ueal1qlt19lo1_500.gif

qZtsS.png

2012218124012465.JPG

430323_379716552056875_367810133247517_1374111_1000205401_n.jpg

428335_3444309992387_1409737629_3432093_1058874719_n.jpg

Jeremy-Lin2.jpg

bIMgY.gif

Kobe-Bryant-Jeremy-Lin-Funny-Picture.jpg

2d8ggwg.jpg

tjpah.gif

c62979ef1f913076296779c6d7f1a09e.jpg

Lin_Lakers.jpg

xtb1w.jpg

tumblr_lz7ohftgeu1r640buo1_500.png

2iqls3q.jpg

Last edited:

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
I feel as if the Knicks are doing what Real Madrid did in the early 2000's. Real Madrid had an excellent defensive midfielder named Claude Makelele. However, compared to the "Galacticos" on the team like Zinedine Zidane, Luis Figo, and David Beckham, Makelele was making next to nothing in salary, so he asked for a raise, since he was, after all, the best defensive midfielder in the world.

Real Madrid refused to raise his salary despite spending millions on guys like Beckham, which Zinedine Zidane equated to adding a layer of gold to a Bentley that has no engine in it.

So Makelele signed with Chelsea FC, where he led them to two league titles and league cups, whereas Real Madrid failed to win a trophy for the next five years.

We do have to remember that, as overpaid as Lin is going to be this year, he was tremendously underpaid last year and hasn't made a drop of money for his team. He has made his team profits in the hundreds of millions and he took home a second-rounder's salary last year. He deserves to get paid more than that, and while it is a bit high in 2014, think of it as making up for 2011-2012 where he played MUCH better than the salary he was making.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
^

He's not gone yet.

I certainly don't believe Dolan will let his cash angel just float away, either. This can't be a cap/tax concern for Dolan, and if Lin isn't signed, he deserves to be crucified. I don't necessarily mean that letting Lin go is a bad decision for the team, mind you. If anything, Lin needs this city, its team and its vets more than they need him in a basketball only sense.

But all that cash and all those fans gone? When Jimmy Colan's only concern in any sense related to the Knicks is ticket prices, endorsements, revenue and overheads......

Come on.......

He'd be mad to let emotions dictate the end of Linsanity. I can't believe Linsanity still comes up as a typo. :lol:

LINvincible

Benchwarmer
MSG stock already down 10% from the highs since the Lin news.

http://stockcharts.com/h-sc/ui?s=msg

That's a cool 260 MILLION it has lost in market cap. :peace:
Let's see what happens on Wednesday. MSG is a traded company. The money that Lin is going to get paid is a dime in the bucket. My guess is there's a lot of pressure being applied to Dolan right now from his shareholders.

I'm not really an expert on trade rules and cap rules but is it possible for us to use lin in a sign and trade situation? I know there are other teams out there that need a money making PG.

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
I'm not really an expert on trade rules and cap rules but is it possible for us to use lin in a sign and trade situation? I know there are other teams out there that need a money making PG.
Lin can not be traded in a sign and trade or otherwise until January 15th regardless of the situation... if i'm not mistaken

Last edited:

CoolClyde

Attention All KO Wannabe GM's

i personally find it interesting how KO posters are divided on re-signing Lin. before the 2nd poison pill was offered by Houston, most posters (other than Jim KC and a few more) thought Knicks would match and be OK with it. with the new 3-year, 25 Million offer out there, those f*cking "sources" won't STFU how Knicks will not re-sign the Linsanity effect and a lot more folks are divided over Felton vs Lin.

question is, what is Lin worth? 800K he was paid for 25 games of Linsanity? doesn't he deserve a lot more just for skyrocketing interest in the Knicks and bringing a winning flavor to a lackluster D'amntoni-dominated team? Is Lin worth $5M for 1 year? is he worth $10.25M for 2 years?

think about what he brings to the Knicks, what he has brought to the organization, how he improved the team all around, and lastly, what he brings to the marketing table.

With the aging stars currently on the team, we've got a 2-year window to make things happen. If Lin has not impressed by then, if STAT and MELO have not meshed into true champions by then, don't you think Knicks FO will be getting rid of STAT and Lin before luxury tax hell kicks in? If Lin does not prove his 2-year/$10M worth, his contract become valuable as a trade asset.

Let's not think about year 3 at this point, let think about how Lin makes the Knicks better, how he should be the healthy starting point guard for a team trying to win now. Let's talk the 2-year plan. Let's talk about winning this year and or next...THIS is WINSANITY!!

I SAY...MATCH MOFO's!!

love from your new mod-dammit!
:beer:

This sucks. People are still saying he?s worth it but barely know anything about the guy. Has anybody even seen this guy play since he was injured?
Big ass contract is only going to cause dissention within the locker room because guys have been around longer and played more consistently?but are not making as much for their skill contributions.
Dolan doesn?t need the money. The Knicks will make plenty money regardless of Lin?.they always have. If we keep him and he ends up a bust the signing will be another example of Knicks spending big on underachievers?.I?m sure this is on the minds of Dolan and the management.
Like I said eailier when all this was first reported?let Houston have him so they can be the laughing stock of the NBA for the next 3 years. He?s no franchise, as I recall?everyone was saying Kidd?s tutelage will make him better, But, IMO? a player at this pay rate is suppose to be primed not trained. This has to be a Joke. What the hell is on his mind and his supporters? lol, Ridiculous.
?Houston, we have a problem!!? lol