Votes: 16 28.6%
  • Resign him and keep him long term

Votes: 27 48.2%
  • Resign him and trade him January 2013 with Amare

Votes: 13 23.2%

• Total voters

LINvincible

Benchwarmer
He had NO CHOICE. Only 1 offer sheet. Felton was just traded to the Knicks. What was he suppose to do?????

See the part about him WANTING TO play but Dolan told him NO...

"Dolan -- who didn't talk to Lin often but had generally been "really nice to me" -- wound up expressing support. "I have plans for you in the future," Lin recalled the owner saying. "This is a long-term investment. Don't rush back."

LINvincible

Benchwarmer
The complete truth..

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/basketball/nba/07/18/jeremy-lin-exclusive/index.html

Lin didn't screw anyone. It was Dolan and the Knicks that screwed him.
They brought in Felton BEFORE Lin even signed the revised offer sheet...

It was Dolan and FO that told HIM NOT TO PLAY but he ARGUED about wanting to play. Everything that's been report was a propaganda.

I've been a Knick fan for 30+ years. As of today, i might follow them but i WILL NEVER SET FOOT INTO MSG ever again.

tiger0330

Legend
If you read that SI article which might be self serving towards Lin but it doesn't mention Lin's camp going back to the Rockets asking for a backloaded 3 year guaranteed deal instead of a 4 year one with the 4th a team option. The Rox amended the offer and presented it to Lin, I don't see how you can blame him for being underhanded about that. Who here is going to refuse more money for doing a job.

I doubt any of that underhanded stuff had anything to do with not matching, the new CBA worked as designed, keeping rich teams from signing whoever they want. I mean when I heard Lin would cost the Knicks 57M tax plus salary, I thought the kid was gone. Yeah the Knicks probably looked at it from all angles but Lin wouldn't affect ticket sales, the Garden is always sold out and I heard they only had one deal in place with an Asian company so they weren't going to recoup 57M from any side money.

Lin is in the right place for both teams, he gets to start with a lineup where he can be ball dominant, the Rox can afford him where the Knicks couldn't and he will make a ton of money for the Rox with Les Alexanders China connections.

LINvincible

Benchwarmer
The Knicks didn?t match Jeremy Lin?s offer sheet because owner James Dolan felt ?betrayed,? ?deceived,? according to report

Betrayal-deception-oath-breaking.-Why-cant-something-good-ever-happen-to-James-Dolan-Getty-Images.jpg

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-b...s-dolan-betrayed-deceived-161820611--nba.html

This story misses the point.
Knicks NEVER made an offer to Lin.
They brought in Felton BEFORE LIN EVEN signed the offer sheet. There was ONLY 1 OFFER for Lin...

Tell me, what was HE SUPPOSE TO DO?
Dolan fock you!

NewYorkInferno

Benchwarmer
Lin "I preferred the money" he had that first offer sheet and should of told them he will sign that and wont sign the new one they gave him. Its HIS CHOICE to sign the backloaded deal. HE KNEW the knicks couldnt match that. He wasnt forced to sign the deal. He knew "hey with this 14.5mil in the last year the knicks might not be able to keep me" he gambled and lost. Lin you became a rocket just like you wanted.

LINvincible

Benchwarmer
If you read that SI article which might be self serving towards Lin but it doesn't mention Lin's camp going back to the Rockets asking for a backloaded 3 year guaranteed deal instead of a 4 year one with the 4th a team option. The Rox amended the offer and presented it to Lin, I don't see how you can blame him for being underhanded about that. Who here is going to refuse more money for doing a job.

I doubt any of that underhanded stuff had anything to do with not matching, the new CBA worked as designed, keeping rich teams from signing whoever they want. I mean when I heard Lin would cost the Knicks 57M tax plus salary, I thought the kid was gone. Yeah the Knicks probably looked at it from all angles but Lin wouldn't affect ticket sales, the Garden is always sold out and I heard they only had one deal in place with an Asian company so they weren't going to recoup 57M from any side money.

Lin is in the right place for both teams, he gets to start with a lineup where he can be ball dominant, the Rox can afford him where the Knicks couldn't and he will make a ton of money for the Rox with Les Alexanders China connections.

No, those are rumors about Lin going back to get contract reworked. Keep in mind that Lin never signed the first and when the Rockets revised it, there was ONLY 1 offer out there....the Knicks JUMPED the GUN by bringing in Felton.

LINvincible

Benchwarmer
Lin "I preferred the money" he had that first offer sheet and should of told them he will sign that and wont sign the new one they gave him. Its HIS CHOICE to sign the backloaded deal. HE KNEW the knicks couldnt match that. He wasnt forced to sign the deal. He knew "hey with this 14.5mil in the last year the knicks might not be able to keep me" he gambled and lost. Lin you became a rocket just like you wanted.

You don't GET it. Felton was BROUGHT IN FIRST BEFORE HE SIGNED IT....
The Knicks NEVER made him an offer. What was he suppose to do?

BillyHoyle

Benchwarmer
I am just playing devil's advocate here.

NYK is a media darling with Linsanity running the point. If you are Dolan, why would you want to give that up? With Lin on the court, NYK gets a lot more eyeballs with its cable package. If you are Dolan, why would you want a lower rating?

We both agree money is not the real issue here. So what gives? Did Lin date Dolan's gf? WTF.

Nah, we don't agree. Money IS the issue here. The largest benefit for Dolan of having Lin was his ability to get the Timewarner MSG deal done. That deal has already been agreed upon. What will keep people going to games now is if the Knicks win games. Being a playoff team is good enough to fill the seats of MSG in a town that loves basketball. The 40 MIllion in luxury tax was not worth the investment for Dolan who felt he could still have a winning team with felton at the pg for now, and then address the issue later (i'd guess in the draft next year). It doesn't matter to him that Lin may have been the piece that took the team over the top because a fairly good team is good enough for him for the next three years.

NewYorkInferno

Benchwarmer
He had NO CHOICE. Only 1 offer sheet. Felton was just traded to the Knicks. What was he suppose to do?????

"Dolan -- who didn't talk to Lin often but had generally been "really nice to me" -- wound up expressing support. "I have plans for you in the future," Lin recalled the owner saying. "This is a long-term investment. Don't rush back."
You dont sign it. You dont have to. He could of left right there and looked around for a new offer sheet or say "I agreed to the first one and wont sign this one" Its not like he was held gunpoint and told to sign.He was free to not sign. He gambled and lost. If you had a new job telling you they want you for a good payday and that the old job might not be able to retain you for that price its not like you have to take that new job. Just say no and go. Lin said "Yes".

orangeblobman

Rotation player
I love how people ride the nuts of Carmarshmelo, a guy that forced the Knicks to trade 19 players, 36 draft picks, and 4.7 billion dollars so that he can have an extra guaranteed year on his contract.

But when Young Jeremy Lin reworks a deal to guarantee an additional 10$ million, then it's a problem.

The issue here is that Carmarshmelo and JR Chuckashotandsmokepot were hating on Jeremy Lin and his cash dollar, totally oblivious to the reality that they themselves are overpayed clowns.

Kidd Karma

Benchwarmer

Well that one offer sheet guaranteed him 25 million, rather than the previously reported verbal agreement of 19 million. Weak Sauce Lin, you originally talked to Houston back on July 4....one offer? They forced you to sign that? You agreed to sign with the Rockets on July 5. That was the offer you agreed with. Why are the Rockets going to draw up 4-5 offers and put it in front of you? Much easier to put the one offer you and the Rockets agreed with.

NewYorkInferno

Benchwarmer
You don't GET it. Felton was BROUGHT IN FIRST BEFORE HE SIGNED IT....
The Knicks NEVER made him an offer. What was he suppose to do?

dont sign it. Its a free country he can leave and go look for another team to give him an offer. He could of never signed and stayed in limbo. Maybe then the rockets would give him an revised offer when lin refuses to sign the posion pill.

Hold on. You win the lottery tomorrow morning for 25 mill you'e not signing it? What? You're hoping you win it for 10 million the day after. Lin man a smart BUSINESS decision. The only dummies in this whole thing are the Knicks...

Nah, we don't agree. Money IS the issue here. The largest benefit for Dolan of having Lin was his ability to get the Timewarner MSG deal done. That deal has already been agreed upon. What will keep people going to games now is if the Knicks win games. Being a playoff team is good enough to fill the seats of MSG in a town that loves basketball. The 40 MIllion in luxury tax was not worth the investment for Dolan who felt he could still have a winning team with felton at the pg for now, and then address the issue later (i'd guess in the draft next year). It doesn't matter to him that Lin may have been the piece that took the team over the top because a fairly good team is good enough for him for the next three years.

Are you saying the MSG deal hinged on Lin? What if Lin never happened? Lin's popularity may have helped facilitate the deal AFTER he hit the scene, but a deal would have gotten done sooner or later without him...

Kidd Karma

Benchwarmer
I love how people ride the nuts of Carmarshmelo, a guy that forced the Knicks to trade 19 players, 36 draft picks, and 4.7 billion dollars so that he can have an extra guaranteed year on his contract.

But when Young Jeremy Lin reworks a deal to guarantee an additional 10$ million, then it's a problem.

The issue here is that Carmarshmelo and JR Chuckashotandsmokepot were hating on Jeremy Lin and his cash dollar, totally oblivious to the reality that they themselves are overpayed clowns.

Yea, funny that they would criticize his contract, with a finger point squarely back at them. "Ridiculous," Smith, "other's have worked harder and longer in this league."

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
is it safe to say all this Lin $hit is more annoying than the Dwight Drama?

GET OVER IT LIN's GONE, MOVE ON!! AND GET OFF HIS NUTS.

tumblr_m6rd8nVuPu1qbh0wk.gif

Kidd Karma

Benchwarmer
Hold on. You win the lottery tomorrow morning for 25 mill you'e not signing it? What? You're hoping you win it for 10 million the day after. Lin man a smart BUSINESS decision. The only dummies in this whole thing are the Knicks...

Agreed, but Lin said that was the only offer he got. Anyhow it is what it is, the Knicks chose not to match, end of story.

VeryGundy

Benchwarmer
Substantial: The un-called for comment concerning the contract. Since when do players comment on their -- potential -- team mates contracts? Dolan and Glen can say whatever they want. Players have to stay out of management issues. The same holds truth for JR Smith.

You are giving Melo and JR Smith way too much credit. Why would anyone think that they have the common sense to keep their mouth shut? They are good at one thing in life and that's shooting the basketball. Don't expect them to observe any social etiquette.

Linsanity happened because all our possessions went through Lin as all other offensive options were out with injuries. The whole show was built on penetrate and pitch, essentially the binary opposite of Melo ball. Once Melo returned from his groin injury, Linsanity was over. Now imagine you were Melo, you can only lose with Lin on the team: Lin might have had enough swagger to deny him the ball on offense as is well aware of the fact that he has a notion of ho to win ball games. He put together an incredible streak surrounded by a bunch of scrubs and Chandler. Felton is not going to refuse the ball.

If you turn this around and the Knicks lose, people will not blame a 23 year old pointguard but the superstar and a shoot first think later egotistic (and I do not mean egoistic) pointguard. It's a lose-lose situation for Melo and for JR.

Think about MDA what you want, but Melo's performance after he left made it obvious that --at least some -- players, Melo included tanked to get rid of him. I said it back then and I will say it again: Every front office which sides with its players against a coach are doomed.

Pat, I still don't see how Melo would be against Lin's presence on the court. Yes, they don't really complement each other but Melo has no problem with Lin because Lin defer to him on all counts.

By getting rid of Lin, Melo puts extra pressure on himself to produce and deliver. I certainly hope he comes ready to play next season.

Go Knicks.

tiger0330

Legend

Yeah I don't get it, good example about Carmelo.

Though I do remember that he took some heat around here when they made that trade. Questioning why SnT him, let him come to the Knicks in FA so we could keep our players. Melo did what was best for him and got the extra money same as Lin.

It's also not completely up to the players, they hire agents to advise them and in Lin's case because this was the first big contract he signed he probably relied on their advice exclusively.

And if we DO boycott, then Wilpon has less money to spend on making the team better. He'll just keep cutting payroll so he can hold onto the team, won't he?" The team will just keep getting worse and worse.

He better. No excuses...