Jer-Rah-Mee

nuckles2k2

Superstar
Remember last season when you could see that Mozgov was improving but he got hardly any minutes. Then we had several injuries and Dumbphoney was forced to play him and he came in and did really well and started to show his potential and skills.

what kind of a basketball coach can`t see potential and talent and understand that when things don`t work they need changing?

It`s no coincidence that players like Darko and Randolph and Mozgov aren`t given a fair chance under this moron of a coach and as soon as they leave they get minutes in other teams and show their abilities.

I was at that game. It was against the Pistons, he had like 20 and 12, shooting a ridiculous %.

I had a good portion of my section going "Moooooooooooozzzzzzzzzgggggaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhv" every time he scored.

That was the game when we were missing Turiaf, Shawne, Jared, and someone else I believe. So Moz and AR got some burn, and Mozgov played his way into the starting lineup. He had 18 straight DNPs until injury forced him into playing time, and viola, he's suddenly a starter.

And I remember dudes on here trying to say that MDA sees him in practice, and would have given him playing time anyway. His getting some time on the court when at least 3 dudes were out, apparently was a coincidence.

We have some well spoken, articulate, but straight delusional dudes on here.

When you keep it real, and call it like it is, they bring out that snobby attitude and attack with a smugness that would put LBJ to shame.

KBlack25

Starter
Toney Douglas once lit up Chicago with 30 points on national TV also, no I don't disagree.

Kid does deserve a shot to prove that he can do it on a consistent basis though after tonight, D'Antoni will be fired if he doesn't play this kid.

I agree he deserves to get a shot and consistent minutes for a bit. I'm not giving him a long leash or guaranteeing him anything a month from now - but he deserves a chance after last night to get some minutes.

Paul1355

All Star
Jer-rah-mee!! jer-rah-mee!! jer-rah-mee!!!

It's one game. Some will say one game way too late. Plenty of people need to eat a bit of crow right now, not saying he's gonna do this every night....but FINALLY he gets some burn, and the dude shines when the Knicks needed a desperate win.

That man put his sweat, blood, heart, and soul into that game, and left it out there for the team.

I also like how Alan Hahn said Lin is just a "d-league type player" and wrote him off, now he's tweeting about eating crow. This is what I was talking about when I said some people are all over the media's collective nut sacks for some reason. Watch the games for yourselves, come to your own conclusions.

He's a pure PG, he can play, he should have been out there long ago. He's probably not "the answer," but I highly doubt if we're 2-11 in our last 13 games if he's out there. Especially those games where we had leads and solid play falter later in the game. Props to that man.

I also like how Melo showed his leadership, called everyone over, made sure Lin was in the middle of the huddle, and said a few words. It was all about the hero and the team in that moment.

But he's super selfish right?:rolling: right.

I argued for lin to play weeks ago, glad i was right, im happy for him and amaZed how my decision came weeks before genius mike d thought
Of it

Eman

Benchwarmer
If against the Jazz Jeremy Lin can get 20+ mins of playing time, and can rack up say 9 points and 4 assists, tonight's game will be a success for him. Utah is a harder team to face then the Nets though, so everyone has to step up.

nyk_nyk

All Star
I'm not going to focus on Lin's performance because obviously it was great. What I will focus on is how the average fan could see it logical to give Lin playing time weeks ago when a professional NBA coach couldn't. Antoni likes to use the term "grasping at straws", but he clearly wasn't after all those post game interviews where he claimed the team needed to move the ball better.

This team was losing so much to bad teams that you would think Lin would have been given minutes a while ago. This move would at the very least given Antoni a temp pass because it would've showed he was willing to exhaust all his options. Remember, he did this in the playoffs too when he basically waited to the elimination game to give Carter minutes (which he thrived).

This leads me to believe that a successful practice under Antoni is hitting the majority of your shots. It obviously has little to do with how your run the offense. I want a coach who can make calculated decisions based on what is evident versus waiting until he is under duress. Again, MOA talks about "grasping at straws" but I'm not even sure if he understands either side of it.

nixon7

Benchwarmer
Interesting data on the Jeremy Lin story

From NY Post Mark Berman:

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/knicks/lin_it_to_win_it_QTfLvSyckoIrvFOSHczXJL

You have to read between the lines because Berman is a bit of a snake and often has an agenda. However, as I read this story, combined with the data from another article that Lin never practiced with the starters, a picture begins to emerge.

Many of us have thought for a while that Lin, Balkman, Novak, and Jordan are under-utilized by Mike D'Antoni, to the detriment of the team's bench play.

We were also confounded when Lin and Jordan were briefly sent to the D League, performed well there, return quickly, but not be used at all (until the Boston game) except in garbage minutes (not enough time to benefit from the D Leagues so why send them down at all).

It appears quite clear from this article that neither were ever really given a chance to prove themselves in scrimmages until Baron Davis started to come back and Lin began to perform well against him in practice.

This shows what a poor and prejudicial judge of talent D'Antoni really is. As I read between the lines here, I suspect that since D'Antoni has under-estimated Lin's skill, he is also under-estimating Davis' readiness, because he has been guarded by Lin in practice.

I would guess that Jordan is also under-appreciated because he gets regularly schooled by Chandler in practice. This is an unfair assessment because Jordan is more likely to see minutes against the opponents backup centers not the starters. It would not surprise me if Jordan is not ready to face top centers, but it is stupid not to use him on the floor especially against weaker teams with weaker backup centers and benches.

I am beginning to how Mike D'Antoni can be thought of as a good coach by some while completely incompetent by others. Neither is true. A really good coach understands how to get the most out of players even when they are not fully developed. How to accentuate their skills and cover up their flaws. MDA is not that kind of coach. Players either fit his system or he does not know how to use them. In the long run, this is a serious flaw in his coaching, and we will be better off with someone else, but only with someone (like Van Gundy or Phil Jackson) who is actually a better coach. It is not immediately clear if Woodson is that person, so an impulse firing is probably not a good idea.

Believe me, I am incredibly frustrated with D'Antoni and his obvious shortcomings. However, I am beginning to also suspect that the staff is better at developing the young players than we get to see on the floor during games, and that given time this team will gel and improve. It may make more sense for them to continue to develop as a team and switch coaches at the end of the year, when we can land a better replacement coach, pick the right staff, and they have the whole summer to remake the system.

nuckles2k2

Superstar
Where's those dudes at who had to see more aggressive, intelligent, penetrating, ball moving, play from Lin before they could come to a conclusion as to whether or not he had game?....as if those aspects are hot and cold like shooting, "I gotta see more of what a guy either has, or doesn't have; there's no middle ground with those skills...but I still gotta see more....cause....you know....[bullshit reason given]"

This dude has heart and can ball. He has the type of heady game that you can build on.

We MAY have discovered a diamond in the rough.

pakopako

Benchwarmer
Believe me, I am incredibly frustrated with D'Antoni and his obvious shortcomings. However, I am beginning to also suspect that the staff is better at developing the young players than we get to see on the floor during games, and that given time this team will gel and improve. It may make more sense for them to continue to develop as a team and switch coaches at the end of the year, when we can land a better replacement coach, pick the right staff, and they have the whole summer to remake the system.
:thumbsup:

KingofNy

Starter
I hear that.

Recall MOA sent Lin & The jamaican Sensation down to the D league...

Puzzling because it was clear AT THAT TIME and for years we could use the size and PG savvy wherever possible. Those moves (and there are about 100 others see: DMPing Starbury, Randolph, Darko, etc...) illustrate an obvious disconnect with the talent and necessities on and for this team.

Exactly. Did you see where Lin basically BEGGED for play time and that's why D'antoni finally gave him a chance over Douglas? Without Lin D'Antoni would be at home watching us win while eating cheetos screaming for Jeffries to shoot the 3. D'Antoni had his career saved twice now, first Nash, now Lin.

nuckles2k2

Superstar
LMAO, i bet he is rated like 45 or something

He's in that neighborhood. Not for long tho, I'm updating my rosters tonight when I get a chance (he won't be 99 tho, lol)

The dude is balling out of his mind tho.

Where's those posters, from this thread, who were talking about needing to see more? I'm very interested in what they've seen thus far.

KingCharles34

All Star
I got Jeremy Lin as an 85 on 2k11. Actually, I was already in the season mode so I couldnt create him. But I noticed Yao Ming was on there as a free agent so I shrunk him and turned him into a point guard...no 'cism.

nuckles2k2

Superstar
I have him as a 77, but with a high potential.

The roster set I use has him on there.

This dude is balling his heart out. I'm kinda mad I sold my tix for this game, but I got $500 for them...so I can't complain. But GOD DAMN would I have loved to have been at this game.

Where are those dudes from the first page of this thread that "had to see more" quoting Chris Duhon stat lines and shit, trying to make some ancillary point that didn't land.

What Lin does is what his game is made of. He has yet to falter from what he did against the Rockets in Houston, only diff is that he's getting more time, and
HE'S BALLING.

pakopako

Benchwarmer
This dude is balling his heart out. I'm kinda mad I sold my tix for this game, but I got $500 for them...so I can't complain. But GOD DAMN would I have loved to have been at this game.

I have got to stop selling my tickets at face value.

nuckles2k2

Superstar

I have got to stop selling my tickets at face value.

I sell the majority of them at face value, sometimes a bit more, sometimes a bit less, but that was the Lakers game. Lakers & Heat can get you double the face value, Bulls and Thunder can get you some extra $$ too.

I paid off the balance of my tix from selling the Bulls game, Lakers game, Nets, Bucks, and someone else, I forget the team. Lakers and Bullls pulled in like $750.

I'll probably go to the game when both STAT and Melo get back, but with the hectic schedule, I'll be selling most of my tix until April.

Back on Topic:

LINSANITY.gif

That is all.