Utah Jazz @ New York Knicks 2/6 7:30pm

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
Did you start watching basketball today? The coach is the one who has the power to decide who plays and who doesn't play. D'antoni was a fool for not playing Lin when he first got here and he will even look like a bigger fool if he wears Lin out just like he did to Duhon, Felton and Shumpert.

When you think about it,(this is rarity around here mind you) it's not as easy to make the call to give Lin big minutes as you think.

Td is a third year player that's earned the opportunity to start, as we tried at the beginning of the season. He sucked terribly sooooo the next logical option would be your 1st round pick in Shumpert. He's been up and down as most rookies are, but not terrible.

Then you have Lin who's unproven, unheralded, bounced around a bit in the League so there's a progression that needs to take place, which takes some time. Seems to me that Lin gradually won the confidence of the coaches with his work ethic and improved play in practice. Apparently he was owning all of our guards. But even then, as a coach you don't just throw him in there and give him big minutes. Lin played some against Houston and from there continued to play more minutes n proved that he belongs on the floor. A player has to unequivocally PROVE that.

No coach is just gonna throw an unproven guy in there w/out exhausting other options and going through a certain process that starts in practice and ends w the player earning it in games w gradually increased minutes based on production. Lin's jumped through all the hoops and now he's where we need him to be. He earned a start and he got it.. There's always an evaluation process taking place.

Last edited:

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
Alright go eat a dic* i was just saying because D antoni usually changes players but we have a diamond in the dirt and Lin can really make a difference

You should think more before you post son. Insults don't equal quality n bad uninformed posting is just that. Learn from me..

knicksin60

Starter
When you think about it,(this is rarity around here mind you) it's not as easy to make the call to give Lin big minutes as you think.

Td is a third year player that's earned the opportunity to start, as we tried at the beginning of the season. He sucked terribly sooooo the next logical option would be your 1st round pick in Shumpert. He's been up and down as most rookies are, but not terrible.

Then you have Lin who's unproven, unheralded, bounced around a bit in the League so there's a progression that needs to take place, which takes some time. Seems to me that Lin gradually won the confidence of the coaches with his work ethic and improved play in practice. Apparently he was owning all of our guards. But even then, as a coach you don't just throw him in there and give him big minutes. Lin played some against Houston and from there continued to play more minutes n proved that he belongs on the floor. A player has to unequivocally PROVE that.

No coach is just gonna throw an unproven guy in there w/out exhausting other options and going through a certain process that starts in practice and ends w the player earning it in games w gradual increased minutes based on production. Lin's jumped through all the hoops and now he's where we need him to be. He earned a start and he got it.. There's always an evaluation process taking place.

I was just joking, dude. I think D'antoni is the greatest coach in the NBA.

BachaCho

Benchwarmer
You should think more before you post son. Insults don't equal quality n bad uninformed posting is just that. Learn from me..

I dont need to learn anything from you i know what i said D antoni has a tendency to change players but like i said Lin is a diamond in the dirt

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
I dont need to learn anything from you i know what i said D antoni has a tendency to change players but like i said Lin is a diamond in the dirt

go back and read your posts and c if you said nething of substance.

He's a "diamond in the dirt". great facking analysis there..

What you intimated re Lin will NEVER happen because he's doing exactly what MDA needs him to do already. This is why your comment was asinine n received an appropriate response from moi.

If Lin all of sudden starts taking an abundance threes it'll be because he's settling and forgotten what he needs to do to propel the team. If he does this he'll be a failure like our other PG flops.

Few can play inside an out like Nash, Paul n Deron do.

amazinz5

Benchwarmer
douglas is a SHOOTING GUARD, lin is a POINT GUARD....if you dont know the difference you should quit watching basketball.
in a perfect world toney only plays the 2 (or not at all) but that wasnt the case. i dont care what position youre most comfortable with you cant be chucking when youre in as the pg, or if you suck at shooting at any position.

But to be fair, he was behind Steph Curry, Monta Ellis, Kyle Lowry, and Jonny Flynn...where was he getting his mins on those teams?

The Knicks were toiling with Shump and TD, Lin played well against the Rockets....didn't play against the Bulls, played well for a half against the Celtics, didn't play in the second half...set the world on fire against the Nets...and now he's a starter. Plus Tyson said "our guys have trouble staying in front of him in 3 on 3 drills."

It's understandable for Lin to not get in ahead Steph, Monta, and Kyle....but 2 SGs in Shump and TD?

Makes no sense.

But nevertheless, good stuff tonight.

The first thing I thought of as to why he hasnt played much in his career yet. There probably isnt any fault in this at all...

Last edited:

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Toney Douglas was so bad at PG that he could not understand the fact that when a big man sets a screen to run the pick and roll, it might sometimes be a good option to pass to that big man rolling towards the basket, especially if he's the most physically dominant big man in the NBA today and one of the best pick and roll players of all time.

I mean that's like 4th grade common sense

I just call em how I see em man.

Red likes to say the above also but he acts plenty foolish on the board and I've argued circles around n schooled him too..

By no means does Red need my help, but I find this comment insane. I,m not sure what topics you think you've bested him on, but if its MDA you need to reread your stuff bro...

Seriously how ignorant can you be??

Yes shooting threes is fine. The three ball has it's place, but by and large MDA wants his point guard to drive the ball into the teeth of the D, run pick and roll, draw the D and finish at the rim, or if it's not there kick or find someone cutting to the rim.

That is the essence of what he'd like to see his PG do in this system. Jeremy Lin is doing exactly that.

Stop.

Neither you or Fender know what the hell you're talking about.

So what does he want from the center and power forward positions?

iSaYughh

Starter
I thought MDA needed superstars as rare as a 4-titted woman to run his offense well?

Oh..that's right, MDA owns the shit out of this league in player development at the point, and player development in general,

which I will actually define, and can actually back up through fact, as

*exceeding expectations
*career years/career peaks

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
By no means does Red need my help, but I find this comment insane. I,m not sure what topics you think you've bested him on, but if its MDA you need to reread your stuff bro...

Why because you don't agree w me? I seem to recall taking you to the woodshed once or twice too lol.

iSaYughh

Starter
Tyson Chandler is having a great yr no? He's seems to be having one of his best I think.

Amare is a multiple year allstar no?

Stop dude. MDA does fine w big men.

+1 (of course) MDA does fine with all players.

STAT was a fringe lotto player straight from HS, who, despite huge injuries, has been a perennial all-star and force.

And all-star CENTER.

Chandler is having close to, if not *a* career year.

Jorts was one of the most surprisingly effective draft picks of this year. What position does Jorts play?

PHO never had a complete, defensive front court...because they never had the players. It's quite simple. You wanna know why Phil Jackson won chips? Partly bc he's a great basketball mind and good coach, but also because he is great at coaching great players...

You think Kobe Bryant, Prime Shaq, Prime Gasol...Jordan, lol....had anything to do with his success?

Fool ass shit everywhere. Wanna know why HOF coach Larry Brown looked like shit with us? Because our players were shit. And Brown basically did all he could to get fired and leave.

Props to MDA for being man enough to come and stick around, and good enough as a coach to give us the season we did last year, and the season we will have this year.

Just like last year, we never had a complete defensive front court. And now we do.

Whatta surprise. How do you think the Lakers front-court would look if you removed Bynum and replaced them with pretty much any C not named Chandler that MDA has had?

His pedigree is better than any coach in the league at coaching up players, milking talent, and making the most out of the least. In part, this is due to his cutting-edge mindset and knowledge of basketball and cutting edge analysis, and the ultra-refined, evolutionary system he seeks to always implement.

I know these things deeply rattle the cage of MDA haters; and that consciously you don't even allow yourself to acknowledge it. Which is why for your *survival* you are required to turn the epic, miracle in the making success of Lin into negatives *against* MDA.

WOW! What a game folks!

That was probably the most enjoyable Knicks game in a decade!

I absolutely loved the heart and soul these guys put in last night.

It's not about talent, it's all about passion, energy and sacrifices.....

Jeremy Lin has already done more in 2 games effort wise than Melo and Stoudemire combined in one year.

Everybody played with great energy last night and everybody played hard, I love it!

Now let's get Stoudemire and Melo outta here ASAP and we got a legit chance of becoming a great TEAM again.

Somebody like Kevin Love would be ideal

Lin
Shumpert
Fields
Love
Chandler

Melo, Stoudemire OUT!!!!!!