Knicks inquire about Johnny Flynn

portega1968

El Cacique
Chris Broussard reporting that Knicks and Lakers asking about the Syracuse product. But nothing imminent as Balkman/Bibby won't cut it.

I like JOhnny Flynn, but I think we need to make a smarter trade. It's funny how Houston want something for somebody it's not playing.

Got me thinking on the Houston roster and maybe a Stat, Douglas and Walker package for Scola, Kevin Martin and Goran Dragic would be worthy of consideration.

Last edited:

Forrest17

Rotation player
No, don't make any huge trades.. Make minor adjustments... Look how much freakin better we were when we have one player who knows how to play the most basic fundamentals of the point guard position. Its not just that we won, we played well because of Lin..

Get Johnny flynn, see how it works out. I bet it makes us 10 times better.

LeFlume

All Star
only good things happen when 'Cuse is inda house. :beer:

Johnny "you are more than welcome" Flynn :afro:

KingofNy

Starter
I'd take Flynn but not at the expense of Lin. Lin is going to be our starting PG throughout the season. Let's get Douglas the heck outta town, he's garbage. Maybe we can package Jordan & Douglas or something like that. We really have no attractive pieces to make that trade.

tiger0330

Legend
That would be ironic if the Knicks got Flynn. The Rox cut Lin to keep Flynn. The Rox don't use him, he's been a 1st round bust, do we really need a guy like that.

Danilo

Benchwarmer
That would be ironic if the Knicks got Flynn. The Rox cut Lin to keep Flynn. The Rox don't use him, he's been a 1st round bust, do we really need a guy like that.

Well, they cut Lin too sign Dalembert... which has turned out alright. Keeping Lin over Flynn was never really in question.

shizzee

Benchwarmer
Flyyn is garbage, I just hope your stating this about Flynn b/c of the rumors
Now that you can see what our offense can do under Lin, this is a better move

Lee Dragic Budinger for Shumpert Fields Douglas Balkman

sign Rasheed Wallace 2.5

much more dangerous team
2 great pick & roll PG
3 dangerous shooters
Stat Chandler Jeffries rolling in & Melo Wallace Jorts rolling out
Jeffries Chandler Wallace do the dirty work.

against elite perimter scorer Bulls and Heat we play zone defense forcing them shoot from outside.

MDA type of lineup & Minutes

Lin-28 Lee-32 Budinger-32 Stat-28 Chandler-32
Dragic-20 Walker-16 Novak-16 Jeffries-16 Wallace-20

Bibby Jordan IR BD Jorts Melo-rest til after allstar weekend

tiger0330

Legend
Well, they cut Lin too sign Dalembert... which has turned out alright. Keeping Lin over Flynn was never really in question.

True, Flynn's 4M contract is guaranteed and Lin's was non guaranteed making him the odd man out. Anyway the Knicks are sure glad Lin was a Rockets salary cap casualty.

Paul1355

All Star
Chris Broussard reporting that Knicks and Lakers asking about the Syracuse product. But nothing imminent as Balkman/Bibby won't cut it.

I like JOhnny Flynn, but I think we need to make a smarter trade. It's funny how Houston want something for somebody it's not playing.

Got me thinking on the Houston roster and maybe a Stat, Douglas and Walker package for Scola, Kevin Martin and Goran Dragic would be worthy of consideration.

LMAO Martin and Scola?

Do you know Martin's salary is 11.5 mil per year and Scola's is 8.5 mil so your dream scenerio isn't great. Since Jeremy Lin is breaking out I would like to see Amare's game step up with a legit PG feeding him.

What I WOULD DO as far as trading for Flynn goes is trading Toney Douglas. He has more value than Balkman and Bibby and we don't need Douglas. Douglas can't run an offense and he needs a differernt coach to have him stop chucking shots and a coach that can make him drive more and act more like a SG. The Rockets can have a good bench with Kyle Lowry and Dragic at PG and Courtney Lee/Douglas in the back court.

Flynn makes 3.4 mil a year for this year and the next year so he is not really worth the money but we can use anyone over Douglas at this point.

We can trade Douglas + Balkman for Flynn and it works out with the salary cap.

Not sure if the Rockets would make this deal but they could use a better shooter and we can use a more legit PG.

I guess we can use another point guard. Lin playing 38 min per game is not going to cut it. Trade TD and Balkman straight up for Flynn. Just please....... Get TD the heck out of here! Dude always comes in and ruins our offense, he's clueless on how to run an offense. Btw tbh I don't get why we don't play Bibby.

skisloper

Starter
At this point we only have LIN for this year...........is there anyway to lock him in ?
would he lock in ?????

Hard to believe we may have our PG of the future,,,,,,

WHAT A TURN OF EVENTS

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
At this point we only have LIN for this year...........is there anyway to lock him in ?
would he lock in ?????

Hard to believe we may have our PG of the future,,,,,,

WHAT A TURN OF EVENTS
He's on a non guaranteed contract, as far as I know we can extend him before his contract turns into a guaranteed one which takes place on February 10, otherwise he'll be an UFA after this season.

skisloper

Starter
He's on a non guaranteed contract, as far as I know we can extend him before his contract turns into a guaranteed one which takes place on February 10, otherwise he'll be an UFA after this season.

so once we give him a guaranteed contract ( think deadline is today ) then we have the right next year to match any offer he gets ?

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
Once again, his contract becomes guaranteed automatically, which means it will be included in our payroll for the remainder of the season. But, before it happens we can do two things. We can cut him or offer him an extension, for example for the rest of this and the next season.

portega1968

El Cacique
LMAO Martin and Scola?

I also do want to see how Amare meshes with Lin.

But, although I'm not gung ho about any trade involving Stat, I don't understand why you laugh at Martin and Scola. Scola's under-the-rim prowess would fit in nicely between Chandler and Melo as he can rebound and score quite nicely as a third option. And Martin is definitely one of the top shooting guards in this league and would thrive in this offense.

Anyways, I'm pretty sure Flynn will be on the move by the end of the month and would welcome getting rid of TD to get him.