Jefferies more than deserving of props for his efforts in the last 2 games.

amazinz5

Benchwarmer
- he's cheap (veteran minimum),
- he's a good defender,
- he creates a little more depth,
- seems his teammates like and respect him,
- he wants to be a Knick.

Nothing against him, I remember when during the media day he answered a couple of questions on a chat and seemed very motivated to prove the fans wrong and become a valuable piece off the bench.
like and respect is an understatement. from what i've heard hes one of the best locker room guys in the league. and please dont leave out his never ending hustle.

Toons

is the Bo$$
and he guarded everyone last night....he was on milsap, jefferson, harris, hayward....everyone!! I dont understand you fans at times....the knicks were an offensive powerhouse last year....we said we needed defence, we brought in tyson, brought jeff back in at the vets min....we need jeff and his defense....i was the first and only one to comment on his effectiveness in the game thread.
13 pts 8 rebs 2 steals 1 block.....cant hate on that at all

Knicks32

Benchwarmer
and he guarded everyone last night....he was on milsap, jefferson, harris, hayward....everyone!! I dont understand you fans at times....the knicks were an offensive powerhouse last year....we said we needed defence, we brought in tyson, brought jeff back in at the vets min....we need jeff and his defense....i was the first and only one to comment on his effectiveness in the game thread.
13 pts 8 rebs 2 steals 1 block.....cant hate on that at all

We don't need players that can only play defense or only play offense. We need well rounded players that can do both.
Missed layups in the NBA is a big no-no.

clumsy

Rotation player
We don't need players that can only play defense or only play offense. We need well rounded players that can do both.
Missed layups in the NBA is a big no-no.

I don't agree at all. All the championship level teams have Jeffries like Role Players for defense. He's plays really solid man defense and great team defense, he's a good role player. I just never want to see him handle the rock on offense.

Many great teams also have a player off the bench only use for scoring....

Not every NBA team can be loaded with 2 way players, it's up to the coach to identify what role each player is going to have...

p0nder

Starter
As i told that knicks chick a while back, JJ has his value. I saw he was 2-8 shooting at one point, which is upsetting because why is he shooting 8 times? but then you realize both Amar'e and Melo were out for this game and shots had to come from everyone. When the shot is open, you take it, even if you are a giraffe.

but his defense is great and he is a veteran player, a guy that has taken a lot of licks from us fans and keeps on hustling and improving and contributing to the team. He is a great guy for rookies to look at in terms of attitude. works out all the time, always smiles, puts in major hustle minutes, helps out on and off the court. The guy is a class act, despite his offensive woes (and a certain final play of a playoff game) but i'm willing to look past that as he is clearly providing a defensive boost to the team in all areas aside from the 5.

nyk_nyk

All Star
Flip floppers

There are times when this site harbors the most bipolar fans in the world. One minute JJ is the absolute worst player in the league and everyone wants him shipped out of NY immediately and the next minute he's a valuable role player that we need. LOLOLOL!!

Make up your minds! Some of you guys only know which way to lean on a game to game basis. Make a decision and stick to it.

With that said, JJ is a defender only and understands what his strengths are. He does a few things well and honestly every team could use a player like that off the bench (esp at 6'11"). We all agree that he should never be relied on to score. The key to coaching JJ is to only use him as a situational player. If no one from the opposing team is giving us any major problems, JJ should get very little minutes and make room for guys who have a broader skill set.

CoolClyde

Props to the Giraffe

from a Giraffe-hater, I have to give props to Girafferies for his performance
last night. his defense was outstanding, and if he had any sense of offense,
HustleLin would've had a dozen dimes. I believe JLin's PG skills are bringing
out the Giraffe's resurgence, at a time when the Knicks needed their role
players to step up, Girafferies flopped big time (in a good way).

However, Pringles love for this guy is still unfounded, the minutes he gets
(when the Knicks aren't missing their star players) is nuts, and I'd still rather
see Jerry Jordan get at least 10+ minutes instead of Giraffeman.
pringles_giraffe.jpg

I'll admit that he has a talent for drawing charges, but as an NBA player...he still has a lot to prove,imo. I'm still not impress with this guy until he is able to do these sought of things on a consistant bases. Dennis Rodman was no scorer either but he did his job as a rebounder while making the opposition uncomfortable with his wierd antics like feeling on players legs and asses. I can only imagine some of the insane crap that came out of his mouth during the games.
Maybe we should get Jefferies to color his hair pink, or maybe blue and orange with a few piercings.

Kiyaman

Legend
If the Knicks roster voted on a captain....guess who?

Real Talk....Jefferies has been our young-players & Tyson Chandler's
best "Veteran-Leader" on this Knicks team this season.

Jefferies has been doing his best to co-exist & compliment all his Knicks
teammates performances....Tyson Chandler co-exist with Jefferies in the
frontcourt on both ends of the court....to bad both players are not scorers
because all their teammates (except Melo/Stat) has been quick to pass them
the ball with no problem.....Tyson & Jeff havnt seen that kind of Luv in their
career in the NBA ha ha ha.....Real Talk.

Toons

is the Bo$$
I'll admit that he has a talent for drawing charges, but as an NBA player...he still has a lot to prove,imo. I'm still not impress with this guy until he is able to do these sought of things on a consistant bases. Dennis Rodman was no scorer either but he did his job as a rebounder while making the opposition uncomfortable with his wierd antics like feeling on players legs and asses. I can only imagine some of the insane crap that came out of his mouth during the games.
Maybe we should get Jefferies to color his hair pink, or maybe blue and orange with a few piercings.

you comparing jefferies with the greatest rebounder in our lifetime....

Real Talk....Jefferies has been our young-players & Tyson Chandler's
best "Veteran-Leader" on this Knicks team this season.

Jefferies has been doing his best to co-exist & compliment all his Knicks
teammates performances....Tyson Chandler co-exist with Jefferies in the
frontcourt on both ends of the court....to bad both players are not scorers
because all their teammates (except Melo/Stat) has been quick to pass them
the ball with no problem.....Tyson & Jeff havnt seen that kind of Luv in their
career in the NBA ha ha ha.....Real Talk.

Agree, let's give Tyson Stoudemire's contract and Jeffries/Lin get each half of Melo's contract :teeth:

Wouldn't that be fair?

knicks1183

Benchwarmer
I found this Post hysterical:teeth::teeth:... even the sun shines on a dogs ass sometimes lol... hell even once in highschool basketball tournement I hit 5 threes in a row to win a 500 dollar prize:teeth::teeth::teeth: mind you I love hoops but never played on the team and was always pretty much a street hoops type of guy ..nice thought though

pakopako

Benchwarmer
Thanks iJoe.
Jeffries is a bench player that brings intangibles. Nothing more.
Yeah. He has quick hands and causes TOs for opposing teams. Pretty good for a minimum wage.

Would asking to also bring rebounds be a little too much?