We Collectively owe D'antoni an Apology

Oakman88

Benchwarmer
In regards to Mike D'Antoni.... For the fans who used him as a scapegoat all because Douglas/Shumpert couldn't run an offense, well, then, those same fans should be doing nothing but praising Mike D'Antoni for the performance of Jeremy Lin. His PG. When D'Anoni has a PG who can run the offense, he's by far... One of the best offensive coaches in the game today.

This Lin kid is the TRUTH!

Only thing I will say is that he cannot play Lin for that many mins. every game, and do not let Tony Douglas Sniff the court, let Bibby come in.

LinSwag.gif

th3realicon

Rotation player
LOL at you for giving D'Antoni credit for Lin's performances. He is the same coach who had Lin rotting on the bench until now. All the kid is doing is all him and Shump/TD sucking big time. Add the fact that Davies keeps getting setbacks and that says it. D'antoni has nothing to do with Lin exploding. And i was perhaps Mike's fiercest supporter up to now. He has run his course.

NYCLakerfan

Rotation player
To me Line emergence doesn't excuse some of MDA's terrible decisions, I mean we all knew this team just needed a playmaking PG to play somewhat close to it's potential so we can still blame MDA for taking so long to give the kid a chance.

Oakman88

Benchwarmer
Lin is running his offense though. We are actually seeing what D'antonis offense looks like when its ran with a competent PG

KBlack25

Starter
Fans beg for MDA to do thing X.

MDA does thing X and it has good results.

Fans complain.

Welcome to KnicksOnline!

skisloper

Starter
We are 20 games into the season.....Lin did not even start out with us....

Rotting on the bench ????

Yes maybe he should have played a few games earlier 2-3 at most BUT come on .........

I am sure if we got LIN and cut Jerome Jordan to make room instead of LIN everyone would be complaining of why we ketp a D leaguer.....

Be Happy Dantonio played him.....for whatever reason...

Thank you soooooo much Mike D'Antoni thank you for running the team into the ground playing Toney Douglas 20+ minutes a game and then litteraly the day before you were supposed to get fired you say "ah what the **** im getting fired may as well have some laughs!" so he finally decides to put the guy in and look at that! He's ****ing awesome! Thank you Mike D'Antoni for being a completelt incompetant mustached douche.

PEACE :afro:

skisloper

Starter
Thank you soooooo much Mike D'Antoni thank you for running the team into the ground playing Toney Douglas 20+ minutes a game and then litteraly the day before you were supposed to get fired you say "ah what the **** im getting fired may as well have some laughs!" so he finally decides to put the guy in and look at that! He's ****ing awesome! Thank you Mike D'Antoni for being a completelt incompetant mustached douche.

Must be Dantonios fault for Melo's right wrist, left wrist, thumb , hip and now groin......Maybe Melo should hit the gym a bit and condition rather then buying those silly fake glasses he wears.....

KNICKS ARE ALIVE AGAIN

Wargames

Starter
tumblr_lqrombhBMY1qeih7z.gif

Lol he said we owe D'antoni an apology because the PG he buried on the bench caught fire inspite D'antoni admitting he played him because "Why Not". Or lets forget the fact D'antoni still wanted TD to be the PG, or that Lin never had a rep with the starters.

Your trolling Brah.... Your trolling hard

Must be Dantonios fault for Melo's right wrist, left wrist, thumb , hip and now groin......Maybe Melo should hit the gym a bit and condition rather then buying those silly fake glasses he wears.....

KNICKS ARE ALIVE AGAIN
No but this team isnt called the Carmelo Anthony's and Melo isnt the only player on this team.

fender0577

Rotation player

LOL, wow, it's funny how all the antoni supporters come out now.Every one knows we needed a PG, but his(antoni) decision making in close games is horrible, he subs our best players, as soon as the other team goes on a run.He should be gone, just for the fact that he had a competent PG, under his nose the whole time, and refuse to even let him sniff the court.

clumsy

Rotation player
I've probably watched 120+ Knicks game in the D'Antoni era and We shouldn't be apologizing for anything. He's been given enough passes. I'm glad this chance move worked out however.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
Fans beg for MDA to do thing X.

MDA does thing X and it has good results.

Fans complain.

Welcome to KnicksOnline!

This is our forum in a nutshell. It's sad but true.

We always needed a PG.

MDA haterz took the oppo to kick the shite out of him while he and the team was down ====== lame.

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
This is our forum in a nutshell. It's sad but true.

We always needed a PG.

MDA haterz took the oppo to kick the shite out of him while he and the team was down ====== lame.
Im gonna have to agree for now.
D'Antoni didnt have a PG to work with for his system to even remotely work.
Now he has one and the offense is doing good and we've got 2 in a row.

HOWEVER I think its unexusable that it took this long for him to use someone other than TD and Shumpert on the roster.

Right now D'Antoni had his job saved by a real PG who can use his system and Im ok with it. I also like the way he yells at everyone lmao

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★

apologize to dumbtoni for what? because he was feeling the pressure and was closer to losing his job then he had ever been so he goes to his last resort play Lin and pray the Harvard student can make something happen? like i said if Toney wasn't playing like shit Lin would still be sitting on the bench. Dumbtoni never wanted to play Lin he didn't do this because he wanted to he did it because he had Nothing else to go to anyone with brains can see that. It just so happens Lin was better then he assumed. The only thing i praise Dumbtoni for is continuing to play LIN at least he's smart enough to do that. I WILL NEVER APOLOGIZE TO A COACH WHO APPROVES OF 43 THREE POINT ATTEMPTS

Last edited:

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
Im gonna have to agree for now.
D'Antoni didnt have a PG to work with for his system to even remotely work.
Now he has one and the offense is doing good and we've got 2 in a row.

HOWEVER I think its unexusable that it took this long for him to use someone other than TD and Shumpert on the roster.

Right now D'Antoni had his job saved by a real PG who can use his system and Im ok with it. I also like the way he yells at everyone lmao

Check my post from the game thread. It's relevant and makes some gd sense if i may say so:

When you think about it,(this is rarity around here mind you) it's not as easy to make the call to give Lin big minutes as you think.

Td is a third year player that's earned the opportunity to start, as we tried at the beginning of the season. He sucked terribly sooooo the next logical option would be your 1st round pick in Shumpert. He's been up and down as most rookies are, but not terrible.

Then you have Lin who's unproven, unheralded, bounced around a bit in the League so there's a progression that needs to take place, which takes some time. Seems to me that Lin gradually won the confidence of the coaches with his work ethic and improved play in practice. Apparently he was owning all of our guards. But even then, as a coach you don't just throw him in there and give him big minutes. Lin played some against Houston and from there continued to play more minutes n proved that he belongs on the floor. A player has to unequivocally PROVE that.

No coach is just gonna throw an unproven guy in there w/out exhausting other options and going through a certain process that starts in practice and ends w the player earning it in games w gradually increased minutes based on production. Lin's jumped through all the hoops and now he's where we need him to be. He earned a start and he got it.. There's always an evaluation process taking place.