Was it wrong to leave out Shump?

• Yes, he is better than some of those selected

Votes: 9 69.2%
  • No, he needs to prove he is better than those selected

Votes: 4 30.8%

• Total voters

portega1968

El Cacique
http://espn.go.com/nba/allstar2012/...s-angeles-clippers-blake-griffin-list-players

Rising Stars Challenge list chosen
Associated Press

NEW YORK -- All-Star Blake Griffin and rookie guards Kyrie Irving and Ricky Rubio headline the list of 18 players chosen for the Rising Stars Challenge to be held during All-Star weekend.

In this year's new format, first- and second-year players will be mixed in the Feb. 24 game in Orlando. TNT analysts Charles Barkley and Shaquille O'Neal will serve as general managers and draft players for their teams.

Other second-year players chosen Wednesday were John Wall (Washington), DeMarcus Cousins (Sacramento), Landry Fields (New York), Paul George (Indiana), Gordon Hayward (Utah), Greg Monroe (Detroit), Tiago Splitter (San Antonio) and Evan Turner (Philadelphia).

The rookies joining No. 1 pick Irving and Rubio are Kemba Walker (Charlotte), MarShon Brooks (New Jersey), Brandon Knight (Detroit), Kawhi Leonard (San Antonio), Markieff Morris (Phoenix), Tristan Thompson (Cleveland) and Derrick Williams (Minnesota).

Jeremy's emergence is obviously too late to be in this game... but why wasn't Shump selected?

I mean, it's hard to say who of those selected I would replace for Shump (maybe Markieff Morris, Tristan Thompson or Evan Turner), but despite his struggles he is among rookies 6th ppg, 3rd in assists and 2nd in steals.

Maybe this will light a fire under him to continue proving his worth.

At least Landry Fields was chosen.

Rook/Soph game is useless Whole ASG weekend is useless if you ask me nothing really exciting since no one takes it seriously these guys actually get paid 35k if they make ASG You know that? Then they turn around and play around

I wished no Knick player participated in the AS weekend this year so we can get healthy 5 days no games should be good for SHUMP so he can get some lift back and finish at the basket

portega1968

El Cacique
Rook/Soph game is useless Whole ASG weekend is useless if you ask me nothing really exciting since no one takes it seriously these guys actually get paid 35k if they make ASG You know that? Then they turn around and play around

I wished no Knick player participated in the AS weekend this year so we can get healthy 5 days no games should be good for SHUMP so he can get some lift back and finish at the basket

On one hand, being selected is recognition for your hard work and does a lot for your self-confidence. Not being selected can be a bummer for these young guys.

On the other hand, you are right as far as them getting rest, so here's to looking at the glass half-full:beer:

http://espn.go.com/nba/allstar2012/...s-angeles-clippers-blake-griffin-list-players

Rising Stars Challenge list chosen
Associated Press

NEW YORK -- All-Star Blake Griffin and rookie guards Kyrie Irving and Ricky Rubio headline the list of 18 players chosen for the Rising Stars Challenge to be held during All-Star weekend.

In this year's new format, first- and second-year players will be mixed in the Feb. 24 game in Orlando. TNT analysts Charles Barkley and Shaquille O'Neal will serve as general managers and draft players for their teams.

Other second-year players chosen Wednesday were John Wall (Washington), DeMarcus Cousins (Sacramento), Landry Fields (New York), Paul George (Indiana), Gordon Hayward (Utah), Greg Monroe (Detroit), Tiago Splitter (San Antonio) and Evan Turner (Philadelphia).

The rookies joining No. 1 pick Irving and Rubio are Kemba Walker (Charlotte), MarShon Brooks (New Jersey), Brandon Knight (Detroit), Kawhi Leonard (San Antonio), Markieff Morris (Phoenix), Tristan Thompson (Cleveland) and Derrick Williams (Minnesota).

Jeremy's emergence is obviously too late to be in this game... but why wasn't Shump selected?

I mean, it's hard to say who of those selected I would replace for Shump (maybe Markieff Morris, Tristan Thompson or Evan Turner), but despite his struggles he is among rookies 6th ppg, 3rd in assists and 2nd in steals.

Maybe this will light a fire under him to continue proving his worth.

At least Landry Fields was chosen.

In a way I'm glad he didnt make it even though he deserves to. Maybe he'll be motivated even more when he see's the guys that did...

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Shumpert didn't deserve to go. He's shooting 36% from the field. Granted, Antoni is a big reason why he's struggling, but he needs to improve his passing and shooting.

That being said, Shumpert will be a good player. He just needs to play shooting guard and not take more than 10 shots per game.

How is the team selected?

a bunch of NY hating cum guzzlers sit in a room and say

"Ok we need a list of rookies and sophmores for the All Star game, but we cant have to many players from big market teams because that makes fat sad middle american shitheads upset to see that big market teams have young talent and can afford to pay and can lure big time stars."

So they have Landry Fields on their only because he made it last year, they'll probably sit him and start Evan Turner because people wanna see the young teams talent!

They'll play MarShon because they want to put NJ over because they're moving to Brooklyn, and Landry will get like 4 minutes. Its bullshit. Iman Shumpert AND Norris Cole got snubbed the NBA, ESPN, TNT, and all pro american sports telecasters outside of NY can go suck a big fat one because they're biasim against big market teams is DISGUSTING! And any fat middle american piece of shit who says David Stern fixes it for the big market teams to win has down syndrome because explain why the **** the Knicks havent won a playoff game in 10 years you stupid inclosed in your sad shit life loooooosssseeeer!!! **** BIASIM TOWARDS BIG MARKETS!!! **** IT!!!!!!

...PEACE :afro:

Last edited:

unloopme

Benchwarmer
I still would have liked for him to be there. Be around that atmosphere, maybe light a fire under his ass. But overall not necessarily a bad thing, I don't this will shake ShumpShump's confidence at all. He just needs to get his game together QUICK because Lin is stealing the show from the youngsters.

CoolRunnings

Benchwarmer
He still has a chance at making on the all defense team. He's one of the league leaders in steals and premier premeter defender.

Shumpert didn't deserve to go. He's shooting 36% from the field. Granted, Antoni is a big reason why he's struggling, but he needs to improve his passing and shooting.

That being said, Shumpert will be a good player. He just needs to play shooting guard and not take more than 10 shots per game.

No matter what he's shooting he should be there. Brooks has missed a boatload of games and will miss more and Williams rarely plays.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
No matter what he's shooting he should be there. Brooks has missed a boatload of games and will miss more and Williams rarely plays.

Yeah, that's true. I guess he does deserve to go.

I want to see Jeremy Lin in the skills challenge, Steve Novak in the 3 point contest, and Tyson Chandler in the dunk contest.

Yeah, that's true. I guess he does deserve to go.

I want to see Jeremy Lin in the skills challenge, Steve Novak in the 3 point contest, and Tyson Chandler in the dunk contest.
Would be nice to see Shump in the dunk contest. and who knows if Novak picks up his hooting he could be there

Not surprising really tbh. Aldridge got snubbed last year for the Allstar game when he clearly was having a better year than Duncan. Norris Cole got snubbed for the Rookie Sophomore game as well.

Co-sign that **it!
Only problem is he hasnt made a spectacular dunk all season lol he keeps hitting the back of the rim

BachaCho

Benchwarmer

Yeah Shumpert has alot of potential man if he could start driving to the basket more he would be scoring alot more

Wargames

Starter
ehh he is more skilled than some chosen. However he was a 2 guard being asked to play point up until 3 games ago, he will finally be able to play his game as a 2guard. Also those assistant coaches only look at scoring BS. shoot Fields honestly probably snuck in with his recent recent return to form again due to the overall fail (in comparison to some years) his draft class was.

the main thing is right now the knicks have 4 rookie/sophmore players that look like they belong in the NBA (with only 1 being drafted in the first round). A ton of teams don't even come close to that.