O.K. Real Knicks Talk

TakMan

Rotation player
All these threads springing up following a 3 game winning streak (minus our two best offensive players) is a bit too much. I know people are saying that Lin has saved D'Antoni but this is more a matter of mutual respect. Lin saved the day in the same way that Felton did last year. Felton was a 17/9 player during his Knicks tenure and the Knicks were a winning team playing some good basketball at points. The same applies since Lin made an appearance. Let's not forget that No other team went for Lin while he was a free agent, and he never got any games while at Golden State. Nash, Felton, and now Lin all looked the real deal under D'Antoni. Anyone had a look at Felton's stats pre and post D'Antoni era?

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/raymond_felton/career_stats.html

No point even discussing Lin before his Knicks stint:

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/jeremy_lin/career_stats.html

It's obvious that people have issues with the coach. He definitely has annoyed me at points however there have also been events that have been beyond his control.

1. He has never managed the same group of players for over one season

2. This is the first season that the Team has a noteworthy Roster

3. The trade last year occurred at a time where it seemed the Knicks could aim high, essentially forcing the team to start from scratch.

4. Injuries in the playoffs swayed the series.

5. Following management dumping Billups, the team was left with no healthy or proven PG this season (up until now)

Anyone willing to keep an open mind on this one? Let's save our judgement for the end of the season cos that's exactly how long it appears you're stuck with him for.

CoolRunnings

Benchwarmer
Do not think this team is better without Stat & Melo....6 to 8 of our players
shouldve been taught to gell in a 5-man lineup without Melo, Stat, and Tyson.
And it dont take 25 games to do this....incompetence sent Lin & Jordan to
the D.League to only bring them back last week.

The Knicks are on a 3 game winning streak thanks to the performance of PG-Jeremy Lin....
Lin's offense-attack have Knicks oponents sweating on defense, plus Lin has
gain the confidence (luv) of all his teammates.

No KO member should get the Knicks 3 wins mixed with the so-call Dantoni-system.
This is "Jeremy Lin-system" with a BIG-Center Tyson Chandler....
do not get it mixed-up with Steve Nash system with PF.
There will be several NBA commentators & writers promoting Dantoni again
for the skills of a player.

The Knicks won their last two games using a 7-man rotation, and a 8-man rotation....
Dantoni havnt change.

The Knicks headcoach is finally doing something that shouldve been done
when he receive the Knicks 2011-12 schedule.....
by developing a 6-man lineup of bench players to gell together as a unit.
It took 25 games to finally see the Knicks put a bench-lineup on the court in
the 2nd quarter of a game....when every team in the NBA were developing a
bench-lineup in the 2nd quarter before their 10th game of this close 66 game season.

To prevent injuries how many players in a roster should get decent
playingtime when u have 3-games in 4 days?
I would like for everyone to answer the question?

This I completely agree with. I might even go one step further and say since we see that our second (or third) unit can compete with the worst teams in the NBA we should sit STAT and Melo when we play teams like the wizards and bobcats. A lot of teams do not have that luxary of having bench players who can complete a lineup to have thier stars sit out a night.

You also bring up a great point about teams playing thier second units in the second quarter. I want people to look at this and hope for the best. For example look at Tyson Chandler and his minutes and usage.

Last year on Dallas he averaged 27:48 minutes per in a regular 82 game season.

This year he is averaging 33:36 a game in a 66 game condensed season. He hasn't averaged this many minutes since the 2007-2008 season. Now 6 minutes a game may not seem like a lot but over a seaon thats a lot of basketball.

Tyson will be 30 in October. My point is we should look to rest him when we play undersized teams who don't have a dominate bigman.

Great post man....

iSaYughh

Starter
All these threads springing up following a 3 game winning streak (minus our two best offensive players) is a bit too much. I know people are saying that Lin has saved D'Antoni but this is more a matter of mutual respect. Lin saved the day in the same way that Felton did last year. Felton was a 17/9 player during his Knicks tenure and the Knicks were a winning team playing some good basketball at points. The same applies since Lin made an appearance. Let's not forget that No other team went for Lin while he was a free agent, and he never got any games while at Golden State. Nash, Felton, and now Lin all looked the real deal under D'Antoni. Anyone had a look at Felton's stats pre and post D'Antoni era?

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/raymond_felton/career_stats.html

No point even discussing Lin before his Knicks stint:

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/jeremy_lin/career_stats.html

It's obvious that people have issues with the coach. He definitely has annoyed me at points however there have also been events that have been beyond his control.

2. This is the first season that the Team has a noteworthy Roster

3. The trade last year occurred at a time where it seemed the Knicks could aim high, essentially forcing the team to start from scratch.

4. Injuries in the playoffs swayed the series.

5. Following management dumping Billups, the team was left with no healthy or proven PG this season (up until now)

Anyone willing to keep an open mind on this one? Let's save our judgement for the end of the season cos that's exactly how long it appears you're stuck with him for.

+1

Smart, thorough post.

Good refresher on some of the critical facts and realities that are often ignored.

clumsy

Rotation player
You guys misconstrued what I am saying. I didn't take the entire effort to give a full reply. Obviously those are basic plays, what I am saying is Dantoni's philosophies are based on floor spacing and ball movement utilizing a PG/Center combo surrounding them with shooters.

Questioning how long I've been watching basketball is mad silly if you think J Lin would put up similar numbers in a half court set offense that is slowed down. Dantoni's offense is Tailor fit to him. Which is why no matter which PG and Center play in his offense put up career highs.

What ever happen to Duhon and C. Lee since leaving this system. Lee became average joe, and Duhon is a back up PG.

Don't get me wrong Jeremy Lin is talented. But it takes a high IQ pg to run this offense and when done correctly we have a beautiful thing.

I'm a Warriors fan on the low. David Lee is still feasting tho he doesn't get his points outta P&R now.

18/10

http://espn.go.com/nba/player/stats/_/id/2772/david-lee

nyk_nyk

All Star
You guys misconstrued what I am saying. I didn't take the entire effort to give a full reply. Obviously those are basic plays, what I am saying is Dantoni's philosophies are based on floor spacing and ball movement utilizing a PG/Center combo surrounding them with shooters.

Questioning how long I've been watching basketball is mad silly if you think J Lin would put up similar numbers in a half court set offense that is slowed down. Dantoni's offense is Tailor fit to him. Which is why no matter which PG and Center play in his offense put up career highs.

What ever happen to Duhon and C. Lee since leaving this system. Lee became average joe, and Duhon is a back up PG.

Don't get me wrong Jeremy Lin is talented. But it takes a high IQ pg to run this offense and when done correctly we have a beautiful thing.

Most of Lin's assists last night came in the half court set. PnR

nyk_nyk

All Star
Which is why no matter which PG and Center play in his offense put up career highs.
Antoni doesn't specialize in centers. Did you not know that?

Run what offense? You mean the one that emphasizes things that are standard practice for any team? I guess in your opinion, floor spacing and ball movement is specific only to Antoni. Also, Antoni's "offense" doesn't utilize a pg/center combo (its pretty much anyone who can make a shot). Up until this season, Antoni would have never co-signed a true center. His preference would've been a 5 who could shoot. History doesn't lie.

Kiyaman

Legend
All these threads springing up following a 3 game winning streak (minus our two best offensive players) is a bit too much.

good point....the next two games are LOSSES, but the 3 games after that
should be another 3 game winning streak. Im already prepared for what will
be written in the KO forum by certain members after each of the next 5 games.
We all should be aware that Kiyaman will be putting up "Dont blame the
players....FIRE Dantoni" the next two games. back to back is no excuse
to lose to the Wolves. However heacoach Adelman is not going to let Dantoni
beat him at anything, especially taking his star PG-Rubio fame.

Dantoni's short 7-man rotation and his DNP of healthy players was the
reason the Knicks changed rosters each season. Not the 2010 Plan.

Dantoni success came from veteran players who went 6 games in a series
with the Championship Spurs under headcoach George Johnson....Marbury,
Joe, Marion, Stat, Chambers, Hunter.

Kiyaman

Legend
You guys misconstrued what I am saying. I didn't take the entire effort to give a full reply.

nothing was misconstrued everthing u wrote had clarity....u still have visions
of Nash/Marion/Stat at the mention of Dantoni's name. Wake-up!
The Knicks have been running half-court setting offense the past 4 seasons....
What offense are u talking about? 2005-Phoenix or 2012-Knicks?
Tyson Chandler has played in more Knicks games than all the centers we had
in the past 3 seasons put together.

Does Dantoni know how to coach "Carmelo Anthony" talent? HELL-NO!
When u see Stat or Tyson pick for a moving without the ball Melo, and Melo
receive the ball right after the pick for a clear open shot....that means the
Knicks have a new headcoach.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
This is a 5 star thread. Jeremy Lin is the new coach of the Knicks. I've been saying this from the beginning. Antoni's chuck and suck system is why STAT and Carmelon aren't gellin. STAT had an automatic jump shot from the free thrown line. Now, he only shoots from the elbows. And Melo's jumpshot is Jello. Antoni has him jacking up 3s like Reggie Miller.

nyk_nyk

All Star
I'm gonna simplify this right now.

All Antoni does is make sure he has shooters on the floor, tell his guys to run, run, run and take the open shot no matter where you are on the court (good 3pt shooter or not).

Then he needs a good to great PG out on the floor with court vision to make ALL the on court decisions, including where people should be. (essentially pushing ALL the ancillary coaching duties onto the pg)

This "offense" is no different than a youth league! The only difference is you probably won't have a great PG at that young age yet.

Kiyaman

Legend
The Knicks are Amaze-Lin

Know-matter how I do the math, shaaat is not adding up in this Knicks organization....
without Jeremy Lin the Knicks were a 1-9 team....
without Melo & Stat the Knicks are a 3-0 team using a 7+ man-rotation in
a back to back 66 game-season....Einstien have to do the math on this one.
:smokin::gony: :smokin:

Lin-Fields-Shump = above average backcourt the past 4 games....
Tyson Chandler & Jefferies = above satisfactory defensive frontcourt
the past 4 games....5 chemistry players improving each game
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

clumsy

Rotation player
It's definitely Lin's system (not Antoni's). He's the general out there and moving the pieces into the right places. The reason i know this is because he has Jared Jeffries looking like a competent offensive player for the first time......ever.

skisloper

Starter
Such foolish talk...
Lin in his interview is quoted " Coach is an absolute offensive genius. Every game we have new plays for the defense we are playing "

Give Dantonio some credit....Lin and Dantonio are a perfect pairing.....

I know we have all shown alot of hatred for Dantonio .....
BUT if he could find a way to integrate Melo and Stat back into this team then I say its time to look at him differently......