We owe D"Antoni nothing

nyk_nyk

All Star
This is not about Jorts vs. Jordan.

I am about finding out what all 15 players on the roster have to offer. What they are good at. What they are not good at. At working to improve where possible. And then about using them in a way that plays to their strengths, covers up their weaknesses, and helps with the improvement process.

I do not believe that anyone on an NBA roster is a total scrub. They all have something to offer, some reason the GM added them.

That is the problem I have with playing people out of position, asking them to do things they are not good at, because of a predetermined system, rather than adjusting the system to fit the players and the opponent.

That is the problem I have with a 7 or 8 man rotation where 7 or 8 plays 20 minutes when they are the coaches' pet but then DNP for the next few weeks.

I do not think Jerome Jordan is the second coming of Bill Russell. I just think he has some skills and size the Knicks lack when Chandler is on the bench, or playing with fouls. Jorts has some different skills more in the backup PF role than in the backup center role, and is out another month anyway.

I have no idea who could guard Bynum and/or Gasol better until we see them all match up. All I am saying is that Chandler and Jeffries will need some help against Bynum and Gasol tonight and that Jordan is the best option we have for that specific need.

The same goes for Balkman, as well as it went for Novak and Lin when they were sitting on the bench. For that matter, the same goes for Douglas, who I hated at point guard, but can contribute at SG against the right opponents.

Everything you said was on point. This is obviously a flaw with Antoni IMO. It seems he designates minutes per player and sticks with it unless an injury occurs. Not much wrong with that but you have to know when to adjust for the opponent or when a player may be off their game.