Baron Davis coming off our bench

Wargames

Starter
but that is cool though... Baron off the bench means the knicks will always have a good PG on the court.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Crazy⑧s;204921 said:
Legitimately, or are you referring to the added depth he'll bring?
Depth. I'm seriously blown away now with what's not even HERE yet. Amar'e, Melo, Baron...and in the post game Josh Harrellson was mentioned, damn.....

iSaYughh

Starter
Latest, we are favorites to land JR Smith, too....

Assuming T-Dog gets dog-housed,

Lin-Baron-Shumpert
JR-Shumpert-Fields
Melo-Fields-Jeffries
Amare-Harrelson-Novak-Jeffries
Chandler-Harrelson-Jeffries-Novak

JR Smith would ball so hard here, and his prototypical SG-talents and range would be a great fit, especially as we look to optimize Melo (and Amare) back into this Post Lin world.

I also see a legitimate 11 man rotation that D'antoni works off of.

Sage

Rotation player
We're unintentionally resting players during this hectic season. If we make the playoffs and aren't 7th or 8th, I think we can make a big run.

Wargames

Starter
JR Smith comes in as a 6th man in the second unit with shump, novak, Jorts, and Baron.... That is a damn good team there.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Latest, we are favorites to land JR Smith, too....

Assuming T-Dog gets dog-housed,

Lin-Baron-Shumpert
JR-Shumpert-Fields
Melo-Fields-Jeffries
Amare-Harrelson-Novak-Jeffries
Chandler-Harrelson-Jeffries-Novak

JR Smith would ball so hard here, and his prototypical SG-talents and range would be a great fit, especially as we look to optimize Melo (and Amare) back into this Post Lin world.

I also see a legitimate 11 man rotation that D'antoni works off of.
And the crazy thing is, Lin is controlling the ball, so we won't have to worry as much about Smith getting a little wild. Smith is good, Lin would make him better.

iSaYughh

Starter
And the crazy thing is, Lin is controlling the ball, so we won't have to worry as much about Smith getting a little wild. Smith is good, Lin would make him better.

Yes! God, I'm salivating at our potential depth and skills....I can't wait for Harrelson to get his back into the mix.

Harrelson and Novak (and even Jeffries) are such versatile bigs, to compliment Amare and Chandler.

No team wants to face that.

I love how Shumpert played a key role today, late in the game.

That type of depth, and using it right, is what puts the killshot on sealing off games vs quality teams.

iSaYughh

Starter
I wet myself thinking about our potential depth..

The sick thing is when you add STAT into what we currently have going, it's an immediate game changer. It will be on par to the type of efficient dominance STAT has always been known for.

Assuming we get Melo integrated, as well, it's adding the ultimate finisher and scoring threat; that Nowitzki-esque killshot type player that every championship team craves/needs.

And throwing out versatile bigs with range like Novak (and Harrelson), and athletes like Shumpert deep into games is just a nightmare for any team to face.

:mypantsareofficiallywet:

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
The sick thing is when you add STAT into what we currently have going, it's an immediate game changer. It will be on par to the type of efficient dominance STAT has always been known for.

Assuming we get Melo integrated, as well, it's adding the ultimate finisher and scoring threat; that Nowitzki-esque killshot type player that every championship team craves/needs.

And throwing out versatile bigs with range like Novak (and Harrelson), and athletes like Shumpert deep into games is just a nightmare for any team to face.

:mypantsareofficiallywet:
Imagine Melo even just doing what Walker is doing now...shooting open shots...

Seriously, Amar'e had Nash as a teammate, having Lin AND Davis is gonna make him feel like he's laying on a cloud in Heaven.

NYCLakerfan

Rotation player
If the Knicks get Baron Davis back healthy and sign JR(latest I read was NY was his top destination) along with the emergence of the role players and Harrelson back healthy the Knicks would have two legit players that could get 6th man of the year award and solid role players off the bench thats crazy.

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
STARTERS
Lin
Fields
Melo
Stat
Chandler
--------------
BENCH
Baron
Jr
Shump
Jorts
Jeffries

OR

Baron
Jr
Shump
Novak
Jorts

^ cant spread the floor no better than this

we cant afford to put Jr with the starters there would be hardly no ball movement plus he can be our 6th man scoring punch off the bench. Lin has shown what he is capable of doing, that starting 5 is offensively good enough & we sure cant afford to crush fields confidence he's been ballin lately + him&Lin play great together
-----------------------------------------
Baron coming off the bench is idle, he keeps the game in order. He came off the bench for the cavs at one point and felt comfortable doing so plus coming off the bench would be ease on his back, not having to do so much.

Shump 6'5 or 6'6? cant remeber height somewhere around there but anyway he is Big enough to guard SF's and quick/strong enough to hold his own against them, plus shump and jorts have decent chemistry together.

Almost all Elite teams have a sixth man off the bench that can light it up. If we can grab JR i feel we can beat anyone on any given night

Thunder- sixth man - Harden

Bulls-sixth man- Korver

Blazers- sixth man-Crawford

Celtics- sixth man- Pietrus

Clippers- sixth man Mo williams

Grizzlies-sixth man- OJ mayo

Heat- sixth man- Battier

Mavs- sixth man- jason terry

Spurs- sixth man- gary neal

KNICKS- JR SMITH?

Last edited:

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
I said this in an other thread. The best case scenario is we have a solid floor general point guard that can score and have B. Davis as a back up. Looks like we have that in Lin. I've always respected Davis and though he's been underrated for much of his career, but at this point with all of his injuries he should only be a back up. If he starts putting up numbers like 23 and 12 assists, I may have a different view. Still, it's good to let the youth get experience running the team. There'd be a riot if D'Antoni and the Knicks didn't back Lin for the starting spot.

amazinz5

Benchwarmer
I said this in an other thread. The best case scenario is we have a solid floor general point guard that can score and have B. Davis as a back up. Looks like we have that in Lin. I've always respected Davis and though he's been underrated for much of his career, but at this point with all of his injuries he should only be a back up. If he starts putting up numbers like 23 and 12 assists, I may have a different view. Still, it's good to let the youth get experience running the team. There'd be a riot if D'Antoni and the Knicks didn't back Lin for the starting spot.

if baron puts up 23 and 12 lins putting up 32 and 21