The Knicks Will Win The Nba Championship

This is why there's something wrong with you.

You seem to not be able to differentiate between "not playing well right now" and "can't play well at all."

Those are two different things. Our current rotation won't be able to sustain a 7-game series, lol.

The difference between me and you, is that I want to win a championship...not just win in the regular season. Rosters like these are fun to watch, and can win a bunch of one-off games, but when you have to play the same team in two days, then again on thursday, then again on Saturday, you'd better have a star or two on that roster.

So your stuff is the weakest of the weak. You can have 45+ wins in the regular season, and I'll dispatch of you in 4-5 game in the first round (Denver).

:peace:

But we were swept by a bad Boston Team (got obliterated by Miami in the second round)!!!!!!!!

And we had two 'superstars' on the team.

You are right about Denver, but they had to play in a very strong Western Conference last season.

Right now I don't fear anybody in the East except Miami. Chicago still rely heavily on Rose and there are questionmarks behind Deng's and Hamilton's health.

Boston are a shadow of themselves and probably won't make it out of the first round.

Philly, Indiana, Atlanta and Orlando haven't done anything so far that scares me, we've beaten Orlando and Philly already while playing bad earlier in the season.

And btw: I want the Knicks to win a championship too :thumbsup:

amazinz5

Benchwarmer
dude we outplayed them the first two games but got boned by the refs...remember gay-g tripping douglas and the phantom foul on melo, as well as a myriad of other non calls in bostons favor? remember TWO SUPERSTARS getting hurt and not being able to finish the series? if this roster played boston and lost lin and jeffries they'd lose games 3 and 4 by a combined 70 points. you said you were gonna stop with this shit but you're just getting more and more delusional.

pakopako

Benchwarmer
I wouldn't be surprised if the Knicks made the Finals... I would be if they won (especially if they had to face a fully healthy Clippers line-up, including a 100% CB), but I wouldn't be surprised if this team made it to the Finals.

petescud

Starter
Dantoni could play 2 different teams and play the one winning majority of the minutes. I like the way shump, Lin, Giraffe and Novack play together. So you have a first unit of Fields, Melo, Amar'e, Chandler and guard rotate. keep everyone fresh for the long run. just a thought

pakopako

Benchwarmer
Dantoni could play 2 different teams and play the one winning majority of the minutes. ... keep everyone fresh for the long run. just a thought

Yeah, but that's more a Coach Karl 10-man-deep way. While it would be nice, I doubt MDA will suddenly change.

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
To win a championship, you need a total of 16 wins against 4 teams. Can this current rotation pull off beating the same 4 teams, a total of 16 times? Hell no.

Is that a possibility with STAT, Melo, an orchestrating, heady, smart, gutsy PG, and a supporting cast of defenders, shooters, and glue guys? Why not?

Agreed 100%.

I understand where Spree is coming from looking as a fellow hardcore Knicks fan. I haven't had this much fun watching Knicks games since last year (remember when we were 16-9 about to play Boston and Miami?). But do we want to have a week or two of regular season wins or a championship?

I say we all want dat championship.

Do you guys remember how amazing Melo was the one year the Nuggets made the conference finals? He maintained being team oriented and selfish in perfect harmony. Albeit a veteran like Billups helped that process, but if we can get THAT Carmelo Anthony, with this newfound sensation in Lin, and a soon to be revitalized STAT (finally has a legit PG again!) we can be something special.

Especially with D'antoni devising this offense, and gritty role players like Tyson, Giraffe, Shump, Fields, Harrelson, Walker, who will defend their hearts out. I really like our chances.

But the main thing is which Melo comes back from the groin injury.

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
But we were swept by a bad Boston Team (got obliterated by Miami in the second round)!!!!!!!!

And we had two 'superstars' on the team.

You are right about Denver, but they had to play in a very strong Western Conference last season.

Right now I don't fear anybody in the East except Miami. Chicago still rely heavily on Rose and there are questionmarks behind Deng's and Hamilton's health.

Boston are a shadow of themselves and probably won't make it out of the first round.

Philly, Indiana, Atlanta and Orlando haven't done anything so far that scares me, we've beaten Orlando and Philly already while playing bad earlier in the season.

And btw: I want the Knicks to win a championship too :thumbsup:

Chauncey Billups was terrible using that pick and roll. Compare what Billups did to what Lin is doing. Night and day.

Considering that is one of our coach's main staple, not being to effectively use that really crippled us.

And don't forget in that Boston series that Billups got hurt in Game 1, Amare got hurt early in Game 2. We were actually winning in the 1st game until Billups got hurt, and our offense freaked out. And Game 2 onwards was bascially Melo trying to beat the Celdicks by himself. (Unless Anthony Carter is your idea of a good role player lol).

Who knows our star power alone might have been able to beat Boston even though the pieces DIDN'T mesh. That's what makes basketball so different than other sports. You need a star. So can never hurt to have 2.

NYCLakerfan

Rotation player
Forget about it. Our energy will be gone once Stoudemire and Melo return.

I just don't see any reason why we would be a different team all of a sudden once they return.

They'll still take their 15-20 shots a night, Melo will hold up the ball a lot and shoot threes at a low percentage, our role players who have been brilliant without them will fade back into irrelevance, our defense and rebounding will be worse, we'll play with less energy as a team and the basketball will be less enjoyable to watch.

Soo you honestly believe this Knicks as they are better without Melo and Amare can compete in the playoffs?

You need to start looking at the big picture and stop living in the now, in the playoffs you need superstars this Knicks team would get eliminated in the first round like last year.

The Knicks need yes NEED Melo and Amare but both of these guys are gonna have to adjust to playing harder D and better team basketball.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
I love watching this team play right now.

But let's be honest we can't hold a handle to the Bulls or the Heat the way they've been playing. The way this team is constructed right now, with Lin-Fields-Walker-Jeffries-Chandler as the starting 5, would be a first round exist every single year.

Star power isn't always easy to work with. Sometimes it takes time to adjust, because superstars don't always play together.

But star power wins in this league. Take the 76ers for example. They're a fun team to watch. They're playing great. They look like they could maybe win a round of the playoffs.

But we all know that they aren't winning a title anytime soon.

amazinz5

Benchwarmer

nothing huge but stats fighting for position to get a (offensive) rebound around 1:45. if he puts effort into areas other than scoring he'll be back to elite in no time and we'll hear best pf arguements. not that they need it the way lins fired them up but the guys making a mil seeing someone making 20 playing like that are gonna put more heart into it for sure. who knows, maybe he'll even pick up a block or two instead of moving out of the way.

Number3

Benchwarmer
Idk why but after Amares lost of his brotherrl...i believe he's not takin things for granted...hes coming back stronger than ever

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
The Knicks need a coaching change, before they can even think about winning a championship.

Antoni couldn't do it with Nash, Marion, and STAT. What makes you think he will do it with Lin, Melo, and STAT?

amazinz5

Benchwarmer
If we're talking end of the world, surely no greater sign would be a

Mets/Giants/Knicks/Rangers championship haul.

your sig is awesome, and you get a rep point for being the only other met fan that doesnt think its impossible for this team to at least be good.

WrongIslander

Rotation player
Because I love the current rotation?

Yeah, going 3 for 3 and playing great basketball is so wrong....why does everyone think you gotta admire Melo and Stoudemire as a Knick fan??

They ****ing suck and the current rotation is great, never change a winning team is one of the oldest principles in sports!!!

No chance Lin will stay the featured player once they return, they'll take their jump shots (especially Melo) and ruin our chemistry.

Give me one PROVEN point why it'll not be like that?

All I know is the numbers are on my side in the past 3 games without them.

Now I get hated on this board because I love our current (winning) rotation???

Very weak man, very weak! You gotta get that weak stuff outta here......

My rotation shits on your rotation, with fraud Melo and fraud Stoudemire startin, any day! :peace:

If Melo and Stat want to return in to this team they should be made to earn it. The good work players like Jeffries, Novak, Walker etc have done shouldn't be overlooked in place of star power or it's a slap in the face to those that left it all out on the court.

I'm with you 100% Why should Melo and Stat just walk straight back in? Because they haven't played up to their ability? Because they haven't given anything like 100% because they've destroyed any chance of chemistry or building a balanced team with a bench and only the fact we got LUCKY with Lin has saved our asses?

Stat has turned into Bosh with his weak ass play, always wanting to take jumpers and while Melo has indicated a willingness to change, is that really what you want? To be paying an experienced star to completely change his game?

That's without even taking into account stats injuries.

I'm not writing either off because of the ability they have but if they want back into this team they have to buy into the ethos and play TEAM DEFENSE. Without that I don't care how deadly Melo and Stat are, I don't want them in a Knicks uniform because they arn't earning it the way the others are.

WrongIslander

Rotation player
To win a championship, you need a total of 16 wins against 4 teams. Can this current rotation pull off beating the same 4 teams, a total of 16 times? Hell no.

Is that a possibility with STAT, Melo, an orchestrating, heady, smart, gutsy PG, and a supporting cast of defenders, shooters, and glue guys? Why not?

That's true but what about the Bulls? Do you not think they have improved drastically this year and even continued to play great team ball without Rose?

I'd rather follow their model than the Heat's.

Get me a Luol Deng for Melo if Melo doesn't start playing D.

Get me a Josh Smith over an Amar'e.

Realistically we can't get Deng, but I believe we could get Smith and he'd put more out there than Amar'e.

Could we get Batum from Portland? This kid really impresses me overall and is brilliant on D.

You can keep your Amar'e and Melo line up.

Give me

Lin/ good back up
Fields/Shump/Walker
Batum/JJ/Novak
Jsmoove/JJ/Harrellson
Chandler/good back up.

TEAMS WIN TITLES. Look at Dallas!

Dirk is better than Bosh but other than that do the Mavs have anything better than Wade and LeBron? No.

They had a team, a belief, passion and a commitment to play as a team offensively and defensively. They had a chemistry.

IF Amar'e and Melo want to buy in this year then great, if not, draft picks and underrated defensive players are your friend!

In an unreal trade I'd die happy if we could somehow get Batum and LMA with Melo and Amar'e being involved but that's clearly never going to happen.