Shump is quietly doing his thing the past few games

New New York

Quiet Storm
I loved looking at the box score and seeing that Shump did not shoot a single 3

The funny thing is that people are forgetting that he's just a rookie!!!

In his past 3 games Shump is giving us 12 pts 4 rebs 2.5 steals 3 assist and only 4 total turnovers!!!!

The past two games he has really been going hard to the hoop and at 87% from the line and his atletic ability that is really good for us

As a former coach of Highschool Basketball (we sucked, hence former) when you put a player at the PG position who is not a natural PG you are saying a whole lot about his talent level and feel for the game!

Think about it Lebron, Wade and (more accuratley for comparison) Spree all played the PG spot during their NBA careers and none of them are natural PGs obviously

But a coach trusts their talent level above all even if their descion making skills are not the greatest!

Now in all three examples and as was the case with Shump it was out of neccessity!
Spree played PG when Ward went down, Lebron for The Cavs as a rookie before they found a starting PG as was the case with Wade

My point is...Shump is the real deal! And maybe Lin's emergence is good for a couple reasons, I think too much was put on him and him being the player he is tried to take it all on so now he can just let the game come to him

The other good thing about Lin coming on is Shump gets to slide to the SG where he will thrive

Yup, props to him!

He really seems to be more comfortable playing ALONGSIDE a PG, instead of actually BEEING the PG.

The current flow on offense also seems to help him, as the uptempo provides him with more opportunities to attack the rim or thrive in transition.

The current Shump is exactly the Shump I hoped for after the Draft!

I didn't like the way he played prior to Lin to be honest, but now he's fantastic.

portega1968

El Cacique
Todays new word is ShumpLin... Verb describing what iman and Jeremy do to opposing backcourts, akin to wrecking havoc, confusion and frustration on your opponents

e.g. knicks have shumpled The Lakers at Madison Square GardLin

KingCharles34

All Star
My only wish is that Shumpert had bigger hands so he could dunk more easily. Hes a very hard working player though.

This year hes kinda just adjusting his game, getting prepared to be one of the better starting 2 guards in the NBA next year.

Wasnt too long ago where i felt like we had no depth. When everybodies healthy we'll be one of the deepest teams in the league.

New New York

Quiet Storm
Is it good or bad that I'm hoping 'Melo plays like Iman when he recovers?

I'm really not concerned for Melo when he returns!

Carmelo is on the bench and is seeing what is happening when the ball moves, Melo will buy into it!

I think Melo felt pressure to get us to win, thus him trying to do it all!

Plus, take every shot Bill Walker has gotten in the past 3 games Melo has been out, not give those to Melo

We are winning with Walker and Feilds playing the 3 at the start or at the end of games and truthfully neither had produced!

Melo boards, his D has gotten much better this year and needless to say he can hit shots!

NYCLakerfan

Rotation player
I said this before except it was about Shump playing with BD that I was sure he'd play better with a real PG and at his natural position the 2.

When your not a natural PG or playmaker it feels so unnatural and takes away so much from your game trying to force yourself to be that.

Forrest17

Rotation player
He shoots better in the clutch than during any other time. He seems more focused. Where as during normal play he just is so wreckless and all over the place with his crazy shot selections and super hard passes

mafra

Legend
He was drafted to be a SG, defend 2&3 position. Lin allows him to slide over and do what's natural for him. Not only is LIN good, but he makes others around him better!

amazinz5

Benchwarmer
He shoots better in the clutch than during any other time. He seems more focused. Where as during normal play he just is so wreckless and all over the place with his crazy shot selections and super hard passes

idk what youre talking about i havent seen him chucking in a while hes playing smarter, more efficiently and more like a seasoned vet than i've seen all year.

KingofNy

Starter
When everyone's healthy don't be surprised if our bench outperforms our starters. While injuries suck, they get bench players a ton of experience playing with the first team. This in my opinion will help us immensely coming into the playoffs... If we make it... ;)

NYCLakerfan

Rotation player
He was drafted to be a SG, defend 2&3 position. Lin allows him to slide over and do what's natural for him. Not only is LIN good, but he makes others around him better!

Thats also something I stated before a few times having a decent PG puts everybody back into their most comfortable roles. Almost everyone besides Chandler was playing a role they weren't comfortable with.

WVKnickfan

Rotation player
I like how Shump is playing now by driving to the basket.Before all of his shots was outside shots and that was killing him and the team.Now that he is driving to the basket that will make the defense play back and it will leave him wide open for the jump shot like we see now.He has all the skill in the world but you have to use it correctly to succeed and thats exactly what he is doing now.:beer:

Wargames

Starter
20 pts 4 steals (yup) 2 ast off the bench and is not in the All Rookie game!!

It's a snub probably based on his bad performance in the nationally televised games. We k ow he was a SG playing out of position, however the assistant coaches who vote on this only know name brand players and stat lines.

Right now I say he and marshon Brooks are the best SG's out of their class. Even though Thompson and burks went ahead of them.

New New York

Quiet Storm
It's a snub probably based on his bad performance in the nationally televised games. We k ow he was a SG playing out of position, however the assistant coaches who vote on this only know name brand players and stat lines.

Right now I say he and marshon Brooks are the best SG's out of their class. Even though Thompson and burks went ahead of them.

In my opinion he is a step above Brooks due to Brooks being pretty much 1 dimensional...he's a flat out scorer

Its like comparing Vinnie Johnson to Joe Dumars!

Wargames

Starter
In my opinion he is a step above Brooks due to Brooks being pretty much 1 dimensional...he's a flat out scorer

Its like comparing Vinnie Johnson to Joe Dumars!

ehh its close but Brooks and shump are in different positions. Brooks is the second scorer on a team with a top PG So he is going to score. Shump is going to be a defensive/scoring off the bench SG who will likely evolve into the knicks future 6th man. I mean his game has improved off the bench and playing SG significantly. Also this video should be a highlight real.