Situation between Isiah and Shandon getting worse

rady

Administrator
Staff member
GREENBURGH, N.Y. (AP) -- New York Knicks president Isiah Thomas made two things perfectly clear Friday: He can't stand Shandon Anderson, and he can't find a way to get rid of him.

"I've tried to trade him, and I will continue to try to trade him," Thomas said. "If I would have been lucky, it would have happened. But no."

"It's a new organization, it's a new way of doing things, and either you're going to get on board with the way we're doing things or you can go someplace else where people are doing things the way you like it," Thomas said. "This is the No. 1 city in the world and we play in world's greatest arena, and it's an absolute privilege for any player to wear New York across his jersey. When that's taken for granted ..."

Anderson was angered last season when coach Lenny Wilkens kept him on the bench against the Hawks in late January, ending his streak of 543 consecutive games played. Anderson had purchased several dozen tickets for family and friends at that game in his hometown of Atlanta.

Thomas said he was unsure of the source of Anderson's discontent.

"He started (37 games) for us last year, he played a lot of minutes. His minutes were up, his shot attempts were up," Thomas said. "Every player wants the M&Ms -- money and minutes -- and he had money and he had minutes."

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2004/basketball/nba/10/01/bc.bkn.knicks.anderson.ap/

newmove

Rotation player
Isiah Thomas said:
"This is the No. 1 city in the world and we play in world's greatest arena, and it's an absolute privilege for any player to wear New York across his jersey. When that's taken for granted ..."
You know what guys? Isiah is God! Great words, great attitude! Best GM ever! I'm so proud of him, so proud of us!

WiL8000

Rotation player
This just makes me hate Shandon Anderson that much more. He can only blame himself for his playing time because he sucks. When Houston went down, that was his time to step up, and prove that he was a good player. We must get rid of him anyway possible, including the East River.

teslawlo

Benchwarmer
No one realizes this but Shandon Anderson and Kurt Thomas (just naming 2 people among others) actually have pretty big attitudes. Did anyone realize how much KT sulked when they tried to start Dice over him?

dasilva1079

Benchwarmer
Crazy eyest is the MANNNNNN, the madder he gets the better maybe he will knock somebody out on the court...anyways after all this talk and publicity, its only bringing shandon anderson's market value even more down so there is no way we can trade him...I been thinking about the taking him out idea in the Hudson River, but somebody told me we would still have to pay his remaining contract to his family...so its a lose lose situation. Either put up with him for the rest of the time or buy him out which I think is totally out of the question. A friend of mine (TrinStar) ran this idea by me: That IT might be playing pyschologic tricks on Anderson by telling him not to report to training camp, by maybe getting him angry and to give him a reason to come to training camp trying to prove himself as a player and playing his ass off. I thougth that was a pretty good idea and hopefully if true will work out.

e_D

Benchwarmer
dasilva1079 said:
A friend of mine (TrinStar) ran this idea by me: That IT might be playing pyschologic tricks on Anderson by telling him not to report to training camp, by maybe getting him angry and to give him a reason to come to training camp trying to prove himself as a player and playing his ass off. I thougth that was a pretty good idea and hopefully if true will work out.

I'd rather be rid of him truthfully.