VS

photo_1_665bfe6ca1e318d4aefd327db0471c6a.jpg

STARTING LINEUPS​

photo_1_0329d779f603819be04141f59846bf3c.jpg

photo_1_0b1a7aa60369fda67bedbeb28bf95c0a.jpg

photo_1_177dcc390bb7025a029a9502c0d5bb26.jpg

photo_1_f23396b730c7bb5cb381a300b827777c.jpg

photo_1_5c4992e6d7c4238d9e7706d029a84dd6.jpg

NOW LETS HERE IT FOR YOUR NEW YORK KNICKS!!!
photo_1_352edcb8ab24b24b8bf4b95475f6e86c.jpg

photo_1_5c3ddf0dc1b74b2348f000d174d92a03.jpg

photo_1_7747feaffb7f2dc98e99b845a7170eec.jpg

photo_1_371fb5e720022f50cc64819a480f43c4.jpg

photo_1_a6548c16682c61fafe507599b88fd1c0.jpg

KEY MATCHUPS​

THE YELLOW MAMBA COMING OFF ANOTHER GOOD WIN AND NAILING THE GAME WINNER VS THE RAPTORS LAST NIGHT WILL LINSANITY BE ABLE TO EXCITE THE CROWD AGAIN

photo_1_04ab3d600d30fe096dd29e28249519ce.jpg

VS

photo_1_3ee789ded2ba32cdd565fb187e68f8d8.jpg

CAN TYREKE EVANS KEEP UP WITH LINSANITY?

THE LINNING STREAK CONTINUES HERE

GOODLUCK CHARMS​

11757858.gif

animation131qk3rg.gif

1278452327.gif

P.S First game thread, its not the best But its something =p :gony::gony::gony:

Last edited:

portega1968

El Cacique
My thoughts:

- Not sure why Dantoni insists on starting Walker. I'd go for Novak against John Salmons at the three so we can spread the floor and get the PnR working early with the bigs.

- Cousins will be a challenge for our bigs to stay out of foul trouble and grab key boards.

- Tyreke Evans is biggest opposing starting PG that Lin has faced in this Linning streak. Nevertheless, the Bulls abused these guys last night with a high PnR without Rose and the opportunity is there to really capitalize on what is the backbone of our offense.

- Looking forward to seeing the D that Shump brings to Evans and Thornton.

Last edited:

CoolClyde

hear it here. they're over there. it's theirs. epic grammar gamethread fail.

"let's here it?" c'mon man! aside from princess wash you long time,
this could be the weakest GT ever; someone's gotta embellish with some
facts and figures and pump up the Linsanitorium!

Last edited:

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
"let's here it?" c'mon man! aside from princess wash you long time,
this could be the weakest GT ever; someone's gotta embellish with some
facts and figures and pump up the Linsanitorium!
lmao its my first (most likely last game thread) cut me some slack :boohoo: i tried

portega1968

El Cacique
http://www.theknicksblog.com/2012/02/15/tkb-scouting-eye-with-ryan-wallace-20/

TKB Scouting Eye with Ryan Wallace
by Tommy Dee on February 15th, 2012 at 3:57 pm

Offense: Much of the Kings offense revolves around Cousins,Thorton, and Evans. They take over 50% of the shots. They will run high pick and roll with Cousins as well as starting the offense from the elbow with him. Since Keith Smart took over they are posting cousins allot less.

Defense: Sacramento is 30th in the league at 101.3. They gave up 121 points to a Derrick Rose less Bulls last night. This is due primarily to lack of experience on this team as well as trying to find the right rotation as they like to play 10+ guys every game.

Players

Marcus Thornton: (17.7ppg)Great scorer from anywhere on the floor. Will shoot out to three as well as drive the lane. Takes over 6 threes a game.

Tyreke Evans: (17.3ppg; 5.1rpg; 5.2apg; 1.5spg)Evans is the best playmaker on the team. Almost unstoppable on drives to the hoop. He has developed a nice mid range jumper. Can make the three point shot but only shooting 23% on the season.

DeMarcus Cousins: (16.3ppg; 11.6rpg; 1.3bpg)Cousins is a physical bigman. Attacks the glass. Has a nice jumper out to 18 feet. Does a nice job of getting to the line at almost 6 attempts per game.

John Salmons: (7.3ppg; 3.3rpg)Versatile defender who can shoot it out to three.

Jason Thompson: (7.9ppg; 6rpg)Starts next to Cousins. Nice range out to 15 feet. Will try and crash the offensive glass as he does not see many shots. Not much of a shot blocker but plays good position defense in the lane.

Jimmer Fredette: (8.2ppg; 2apg)Jimmer is having an up and down season shooting the ball. They will run him more at the two to get some scoring off the bench. Got a DNPCD(illness) last night so not sure what his status is on the depth chart right now.

Isiah Thomas: (7ppg; 2.4apg)Plays backup pg. Very fast lefty. Will shoot from anywhere on the court. Doesn’t mind taking it in the lane despite his height. In only 17 minutes a game he is getting up almost 3 threes.

The rest of the Kings bench are all role players. From night to night there will be no rhyme or reason as to who they play.Dontae Green had a nice game last night with 10 points in 14 minutes.

Keys to Victory

-The Kings will fight to the end. More then once in the past couple games they have been down big but kept fighting in the fourth and got back in the game. If you get up you must put them away or you will be sweating out Marcus Thortonbombing threes, and Tyreke Evans running rampant at the end of the game-Attack their guards. They do not play lockdown defense on the perimeter. Get in the paint and get their bigs in foul trouble especially Cousins who is foul prone.

HEY TYREKE, LOOKING FORWARD TO GUARDING LIN?
tyreke-evans.jpg

portega1968

El Cacique
Shouldnt it be Thompson instead of JJ Higgings at the 4?

Here is ESPN NY game headsup (what to watch for)

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/knicks/post/_/id/11828/w2w4-knicks-vs-kings

The Knicks will go for their seventh straight win on Wednesday night. At 14-15, they're also looking to accomplish a more cosmetic goal -- getting back to .500.

They'll try to do all of this while riding the hot hand of Jeremy Lin, who has led them to six straight wins and in the process turned into a national phenomenon.

Will the Linsanity continue on Wednesday? Here are three things to watch:

LIN, LIN, LIN: Can Lin keep it going?

After his heroics last night against Toronto, Lin established himself as the first player to have at least 20 points and seven assists in each of his five career starts since at least 1970. The Harvard grad has scored 136 points in his first five career starts, which is the most by any player since the NBA and ABA merged in 1976. Lin -- the first American-born NBA player of Chinese or Taiwanese descent -- is averaging 26.8 points and 8.5 assists in his last six games -- all Knicks' wins. And, oh yeah, that last win came courtesy of Lin's game-wininng 3-pointer with 0.5 seconds to play.

He will face off against Sacramento's Tyreke Evans tonight. On Monday in Toronto, he had a tough time through three quarters with Jose Calderon. The Toronto guard ended up with 25 points, but was held scoreless in the fourth quarter.

PICK AND ROLL WITH STOUDEMIRE: Amare Stoudemire returned to the floor after a four-game absence on Monday night. He finished with 21 points and nine rebounds but struggled from the floor, missing 14 of his 22 shots.

He seemed a bit out of synch offensively. But he and Lin showed flashes of what they can do with the pick and roll, particularly midway through the fourth quarter, when Lin found Stoudemire for an easy basket to cut Toronto's lead to four.

If past performances are any indication, Stoudemire and Lin may have an easier time against Sacramento.

Sacramento is among the league’s worst teams at defending the rolling man in pick-and-roll offenses, ranking in the bottom five in points per play, according to ESPN Stats & Info.

TURNOVERS: If there's one criticism of Lin, it's been his penchant for turning the ball over.

Lin has committed at least six turnovers in each of his last three games. He could tie the Knicks' record for consecutive games with at least six turnovers (a statistic that has been officially recorded for individuals since 1977). Ray Williams (1978-79), Bob McAdoo (twice during 1977-78) and Patrick Ewing (1993-94) all had streaks of four games in a row, according to the Elias Sports Bureau.

portega1968

El Cacique
Our season high was 114 against the Kings 6 weeks ago.

We should eclipse that tonight... five players over 20!!!

CoolClyde

lmao its my first (most likely last game thread) cut me some slack :boohoo: i tried

alright man, i'm sorry. you tried. i've never done one, so it's not my place to diss. check out what Portega has done with the facts, and check out ANY Crazy 8's thread, loaded with facts and pump-you-up figures.

you're welcome to do game threads, just put some effort into it. if and when I do one, it shall be a doozy. and yes, the chicks were hot, but hey, tubegalore.com is just a click away... talkin bout meaty beaty big and bouncy.

Sage

Rotation player
I'm a bit worried about how tired our players might be, but we should still be able to knock off sac easy enough.

portega1968

El Cacique
Lost in Linsanity is any talk about Jimmer coming to MSG... how much things have changed!!!

So, I'll throw him into the conversation: Who will prove to be the better pick when all is said and done... Jimmer or Shumpert?

Defense wins championships!!!

Lost in Linsanity is any talk about Jimmer coming to MSG... how much things have changed!!!

So, I'll throw him into the conversation: Who will prove to be the better pick when all is said and done... Jimmer or Shumpert?

lol yea if we were still doing bad that would be the main headline

amazinz5

Benchwarmer

hmmm ones pretty much an elite perimeter defender and is showing signs of being a better than decent shooter as well as an athletic freak......

http://www.theknicksblog.com/2012/02/15/shump-the-masterlock/
sorry if someone posted this already, i've been at school all day. not a huge sample but still impressive.

Status
Not open for further replies.