Knicks Can Keep Lin With $5 Million Exception

metrocard

Legend
Jeremy Lin will be a restricted free agent after this season.

Lin will be eligible to receive a qualifying offer from the Knicks worth approximately $2.7 million, with $5 million being the maximum that another team could offer in the first year of a multi-year offer sheet.

The Knicks could use their full mid-level exception to match all offers.

"He's had five games that LeBron James would be jealous of," one NBA general manager said Tuesday. "So he's outplaying his time in the D-League right now. It?s happened, but it?s pretty rare for a guy to play better in the pros than in the minor leagues. It's also rare for someone who's had a five-game stretch like this not to turn out to be an All Star."

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/219014/Knicks_Can_Keep_Lin_With_$5_Million_Exception#ixzz1mVgL4CEx

CoolRunnings

Benchwarmer
There was a thread about this already, but I do like that you found an article about it. Good find... Do you know if we get the 2.5 exception every year?

amazinz5

Benchwarmer
Let's make a thread for every possible FA scenario regarding Lin. You aren't making a very good case for mod, in fact this is a horrible start. Would your first act be to get rid of this thread?

Forrest17

Rotation player
wait, I thought they don't have to use their exception to keep him... With bird rights players you can offer 175% of their salary or up to the league medium salary which is right under 5 million without it effecting your exception, and because he is restricted we can match any offer regardless of the cap.

Or at least that was my understanding of it...

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
wait, I thought they don't have to use their exception to keep him... With bird rights players you can offer 175% of their salary or up to the league medium salary which is right under 5 million without it effecting your exception, and because he is restricted we can match any offer regardless of the cap.

Or at least that was my understanding of it...
We don't own his Birds right

KingofNy

Starter
Easy there tough guy.

meh.ro1344.jpg

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
Let's make a thread for every possible FA scenario regarding Lin. You aren't making a very good case for mod, in fact this is a horrible start. Would your first act be to get rid of this thread?

LOL. I love when people keep it G. People just need to call it out when things don't square.

Sage

Rotation player
Can we stay on topic here gang? Any chance?

I actually was unsure how it was going to be possible for us to keep Lin seeing as we have no cap breathing space. The article's a good read.

metrocard

Legend
Can we stay on topic here gang? Any chance?

I actually was unsure how it was going to be possible for us to keep Lin seeing as we have no cap breathing space. The article's a good read.

Thanks dude...seriously, I wouldn't have posted it if it wasn't worth it.

amazinz5

Benchwarmer
If you weren't the person who JUST started campaigning for mod based off this not happening, you may have a point. But right now you either don't realize you're contradicting yourself, and aren't nearly qualified, or you think you should have different rules than everyone else, and you aren't nearly qualified. When you said the bullshit was behind you I thought fine, if hes not gonna be a tool and argue about who's toughest on the internet i dont have a problem with it. But this is really really stupid.

CoolRunnings

Benchwarmer
There was a thread about this already, but I do like that you found an article about it. Good find... Do you know if we get the 2.5 exception every year?

You guys see what I did there. I informed Metrocard that there was a thread about this already. No need to attack a person. Again good article.

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
:teeth: People will be hesitant to make New threads if you all keep bashing them about the threads they make, then you'll all be looking at the same threads every week, walking into the thread on your period ready to start a argument with that one person who posted a comment you just cant stand.

Solution 1: STOP CRYING ABOUT EVERY THREAD MADE, YOU DONT LIKE IT THEN JUST DONT POST IN IT

solution 2 Follow the REALGM model- make a bunch of OFFICIAL threads just for certain topics, Lock up unnecessary threads, Only Post important/debate worthy things that gets everyone involved in the convo.

A THREAD that would be nice as a start would be a voting thread with worthy participants regarding who you would like to see as mods.

metrocard

Legend
If you weren't the person who JUST started campaigning for mod based off this not happening, you may have a point. But right now you either don't realize you're contradicting yourself, and aren't nearly qualified, or you think you should have different rules than everyone else, and you aren't nearly qualified. When you said the bullshit was behind you I thought fine, if hes not gonna be a tool and argue about who's toughest on the internet i dont have a problem with it. But this is really really stupid.

You can't hate other people until you truly hate yourself first....stop hating yourself. Stay humble and confident my brother.