Scary Proposition

New New York

Quiet Storm
So in watching Mike Bibby out there (who I'm pretty sure has not hit a single shot in this winning streak) I am reminded of the potential silver lining with this when BD returns.

Awww the irony of sports, a player once dubbed the savior of our season is now thought of as a backup PG....but that's not a bad thing for he or Lin!

Bibby is averaging 14 minutes per game, and giving us nothing at all! In all actuality even a hobbled BD should give us more!

Now, I imagine BD plays better than Bibby (just going out on a limb here), thus him staying on the floor longer, I see him getting about 16-18 minutes with Lin getting 30-32 which would be huge for us!

When BD enters it would be the same sort of deal with him breaking down the D and penetrating

The 2nd unit is usually 4 bench players and Amare, so the pick and roll with Amare is still being run and he has Novak to kick it to and Shump to hit cutting or for open shots

Now...this is fantasy basketball type talk, and more times than not, ideas of how teams will flow on paper typically do not pan out...yet there really is not any reason to think that if BD is back (no pun) then we have a second unit that can hold it's own with most starting 5's!

2nd Unit

BD
Shump
Novak
Stat
Jefferies

oh....and I haven't even considered Jorts!

With Novak and Jorts out there a pick and roll becomes nearly impossible to defend, why?

you simply put Jorts and Novak on opposite corners and dare a defender to come off either of them!

again, I'm playing fantasy ball, yet there is a likelyhood that it plays out just like that too!

So what's the word on BD and the infected elbow

oh correction....Bibby did hit one shot in the Minnesota game!

metrocard

Legend
I don't mind STAT playing the Al Harrington role, his D is the worst and he won't have to share the ball with Melo all the time. Ginobilli is an elite player who's been coming off the bench for the Spurs multiple times, because Popovich unders balance in the line up better than any coach in the NBA.

Only problem, D'Antoni works best under the 8 man squad...who gets cut out of the second unit NNY posted?

smokes

Huge Member
I don't mind STAT playing the Al Harrington role, his D is the worst and he won't have to share the ball with Melo all the time. Ginobilli is an elite player who's been coming off the bench for the Spurs multiple times, because Popovich unders balance in the line up better than any coach in the NBA.

Only problem, D'Antoni works best under the 8 man squad...who gets cut out of the second unit NNY posted?

I don't think MDA has any choice but to keep at least 10 in the lineup this season. He already stated he wants to find ways to keep Novak and Jefferies playing decent minutes.

Lin
Fields
Melo
Stat
Tyson

BD
Shumpert
Novak
Jefferies
Jorts

All those guys are gonna need playing time when they return. Bill Walker and Douglas will almost certainly get minutes when other guys aren't available or in certain situations.

metrocard

Legend
Lin
Fields
Melo
JJ
Tyson

Bench
Shump
Novak
STAT

see...I don't know if that would work because Melo and Lan suck together

so I would do

Lin
Shump
Melo
Amare(f*ck it)
Tyson

Bench
BD
Fields
Novak
JJ

9 man line up.

amazinz5

Benchwarmer
see...I don't know if that would work because Melo and Lan suck together

am i the only one who's seen otherwise lately? there have been times where melo dictates some type of response from the defense and landry knows where to be to take advantage of it.

Kiyaman

Legend
Originally Posted by skisloper
You send [said] LIN is the most humbling [humble] person in the Knicks organization....well MR JEREMY LIN is praising the organization that u are finding fault with...

The Knicks biggest problem and fault was having a clueless-flawed headcoach
the past 4 seasons....Dantoni = Isiah Thomas in the lockerroom.

The Knicks wouldve went on a long winning streak the day after Firing Bum Dantoni.
Our new interim headcoach wouldve receive top praise for giving D.League Jerome Jordan
& Jeremy Lin long minutes to stretch the Knicks winning streak to 10+ games.

Purch.

Rookie
I'm just hoping BD gets back sooner rather than later so he can gel with the team before the playoffs or god forbid if injuries happen, step in and fill a bigger role.