We're ranked 8th in defensive efficiency

http://espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/teamstats/_/sort/defensiveEff/order/false

hvv2b6.gif

amazinz5

Benchwarmer
This needs to become a Mike Woodson appreciation thread. Holy...

Obviously I agree but I'd like to see MDA get some credit, if nothing else at least for changing as a person enough to the point where he can let another coach come in and work on defense. If he doesn't agree to Woodson we either don't have this offense or don't have this defense.

That being said, Woodson Tyson and Iman have had as much of an impact on the defense as MDA and Lin have on offense. That is not an exaggeration. Woke up to sportscenter and they actually had to mention the progress our defense has made. 7 (albeit weak opponents) games without giving up 100 points. How many times did we give up 100 to the shitpiles of the NBA last year?

Purch.

Rookie
Obviously I agree but I'd like to see MDA get some credit, if nothing else at least for changing as a person enough to the point where he can let another coach come in and work on defense. If he doesn't agree to Woodson we either don't have this offense or don't have this defense.

I mean it was a little forced because I'm sure it was a good amount of "We're bringing is this guy to help you, step aside on D and let him do his thing or you're out of here.":teeth:

I think at times we've been an incredible defensive team this season, where the opposition got NOTHING and I mean absolutely nothing.
Overall we're pretty good on D this year night in and night out.
Sometimes we still allow easy baskets or don't rebound well, but it all became much much better.

The funny thing is, the first two games in the playoffs last season we played great defense for 3 quarters and did't gave them anything, we just couldn't keep it up for 48 minutes or even 5-10 games in a row.

This season our defense has improved a lot. Obviously Tyson is the biggest reason for that, he's such a beast and leader...I might eventually turn gay for him.

But Jared Jeffries, Harrelson, Shumpert, even Lin and Walker deserve credit too.

And let's not forget about our coaching staff, with no real training camp or
legit summer league they've done a tremendous job to turn the defense around. We used to be the laughing stock of the NBA like: "You can get every shot you want against these Knicks" - Del Curry or: "They have no interior defense, they have none!" - Tommy Heinson.

Not anymore folks. This is probably our biggest improvement this season and close to a miracle reagarding the circumstances. I think we haven't even reached full potential yet, we could play Chicago-type defense in the playoffs, maybe even better....

iSaYughh

Starter
Gotta include Jarred Jeffries maaaaaaan....

Right.

Who is D'antoni's guy (if for no other reason, than D'antoni has been slagged on so hard so constantly for giving him PT).

Also, before this season....D'antoni was slagged on because he would never allow a defensive assistant coach to join the team....and that he would never allow a true defensive center to come; or that a true defensive center would never come because D'antoni was coach; or, even if this somehow did happen, they would not play well.

Obviously, the goal post has moved again quite a bit, as all those things were proven false.

Let's not make this too complicated, though. What makes a good defensive team? Good defensive players.

Wanna know what gives a team a chance to look like a complete, well-run, efficient team? A complete, legitimate roster without gaping black holes at eiher of the two most critical roster spots that you can't bullshit around (PG, Center).

We had the pre-Lin PG equivalent of a black hole at Center before Chandler got here. Not to mention STAT at PF.

When you have a legit starting Center, your defense has a chance to be good, and a real opportunity to take advantage of proper personel.

edit -- we should be able to accompany this with a top5 offense, bare minimum, too; if D'antoni was able to make our offense that lethal pre-Melo, in year one of having STAT and a fresh team, I'd personally be a bit surprised if we don't end up with a top3 offense, right alongside OKC.

BachaCho

Benchwarmer
I admit our defense is getting there we are improving our defense every game , its just that some of our players are slow on defense and dont see or react quick enough, ala Jeffries etc

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
Most importantly were doing something we couldn't exactly do before and thats making defensive stops down the stretch.

KBlack25

Starter
Everyone knows this is false b/c MDA is a horrible coach who does not care about defense and would not let anyone, not his assistants nor critical free agents, have influence on the defensive end.

Kiyaman

Legend
Originally Posted by Purch.

That being said, Woodson Tyson and Iman have had as much of an impact on the defense as MDA and Lin have on offense. That is not an exaggeration. Woke up to sportscenter and they actually had to mention the progress our defense has made. 7 (albeit weak opponents) games without giving up 100 points. How many times did we give up 100 to the shitpiles of the NBA last year?

Obviously, u didnt read the news papers before the win streak started
"Dantoni maybe Fired on Super Bowl Sunday".
That rumor had to come from media finding out that Mike Woodson was given
the take charge of coaching memo....Tyson, Jefferies, Fields, Shump, and
Lin-Win-Sanity making STOPS.

amazinz5

Benchwarmer
Originally Posted by Purch.

Obviously, u didnt read the news papers before the win streak started
"Dantoni maybe Fired on Super Bowl Sunday".
That rumor had to come from media finding out that Mike Woodson was given
the take charge of coaching memo....Tyson, Jefferies, Fields, Shump, and
Lin-Win-Sanity making STOPS.
your post is equally retarded and irrelevant.. Congratulations. Woodson was brought in a while ago, which was a change from when mda resisted the same thing happening with the suns. They've been getting better all year.. Someone help me out, was my post that unclear? Or is this guy that dumb that he has no idea what I was saying?