Iman Shumpert WILL be in the 2012 Sprite Slam Dunk contest!

Damn today has been full of good news. First JR Smith now this! Blake Griffin isn't going to be in this dunk contest? If not then I see Shump winning it easily and surprising everyone.

I havent watched the video posted by Stephon marbury yet, but how is Shumpert a good dunker? Hes a great athlete but his small hands make him miss a larger percentage of his dunks then any other player in the NBA not named Jared Jeffries

Paul1355

All Star
Im kind of suprised Shump is in the contest when he blew so many easy dunks this year that were embarassing.

BUT

Shumpert can slam it down and he was known for this in college.

I think Shump can win this if he just doesn't blow it. I saw him throw down some insane dunks so he can win this thing, and with Lin feeding him passes I think we might see a Blake Griffin -over-the-car dunk again.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Screw jumping over a car, that shit was weak.

Shump basically pulled off a VC-esque 360 windmill. If he does that, I'm pretty sure he's got the dunk contest in the bag.

He's got it in the bag. With the online voting and Jeremy Lin were gonna show the true power of the #ChinaVote.

Its gonna be like in "A New Hope" when Darth Vadar blows up Alderaan in front of Princess Leia. Just a small display of what the #ChinaVote will do for the Knicks.

Next year Lin, Melo, Amare, and Tyson will ALL be starting in the all star game.

KingofNy

Starter
Kinda surprised since he missed most of his dunks this season lol.

For some reason I was confused reading this article at first and thought Marc Stein said Lin was invited to dunk in the contest.

LOL I was going to say the same thing. He missed just as many dunks and layups than he's made this season. Hopefully they fall in the dunk competition so he doesn't look bad.

unloopme

Benchwarmer

NYallDay

Benchwarmer
Totally agree with you on that, i'd rather not have anyone there but to me rest isnt what the majority of our team needs, its reps.
i can almost bet that Dantonni is gonna give everyone time off to go home. The leaders of this team ,except Melo cuz he'll be there, and Jeremy, (im lookin at u STAT) should insist that everyone else show up and have light practices or just walk thrus and film sessions.
You can show me a team that won a championship with superstars, without superstars, with great offense, with great defense, but you cant show me even one team that didnt have great chemistry and everyone trusted and bought into the system.

I'm actually very cool with this.

Agreed, but this contest is meaningless. I'd rather not have ANY Knicks in this ASW to be honest. Rest, rest, rest, and more rest. The way 'Asstoni grinds these boys that's what they need most.

unloopme

Benchwarmer
^
Absolutely, I didn't mean for them to lay around and :smokin:

Light practices, shoot-arounds, film study...all that good stuff should be expected.

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
Shump- really wanted to see him in the dunk contest due to a lack of exciting dunkers that are participating. Oh well at least he can rest now, i have a feeling this dunk contest will be rather boring.