East 3rd seed possible?

Will the Knicks capture the East 3rd seed?

• That is an obvious YES!!!

Votes: 11 55.0%
  • I doubt it

Votes: 9 45.0%

• Total voters
D'Antoni aint shit without Mike Woodson tho. They're a great combo but without Woody Mike D is just the jagaloon who couldnt makie it past the first round with Nash, Joe Johnson, Amare, Boris Diaw, and Barbosa.

But they are a good combo. It doesn't matter tho because unless they win a championship this year Phil is taking the wheel next year anyway.

Paul1355

All Star
I know we're on a winning streak now, but keep your heads cold folks. Last season we had an amazing streak of 8 won games in a row where Amare exploded and scored 30+ points in 9 consecutive, but short thereafter we started losing again, so don't get overexcited just in case. 5th or 6th seed possible, but everything above could be extremely hard with this coaching staff.

good post, Philley is only 5 games ahead and they are playing over their heads right now.

we are better than everyteam except the Bulls and Heat in my opinion.

Heat are the hardest team because of Lebron and Wade but the Bulls can be beat. The bulls have one player, Derrick Rose, if you can somehow deny him penetration you have a good chance at winning.

Im still surpised the bulls are playing as well as they have.

Amare can own Boozer, Tyson can not be stopped by Noah. No one on the bulls can stop Melo. Rose can handle Lin but eventually the team will get tired of the constsant pick and rolls, plus Novak/Melo/Smith draining shots.

Knicks are a sleeper.

We can easily be in the 2nd round playoffs barring injury.

amazinz5

Benchwarmer
Us doing better than the 5th seed, truthfully, wouldn't even make a top 10 highlight reel of the times D'antoni has personally posterized Kiya.

If only you were around for the Gallo War.....and how Gallinari and D'antoni conspired for Gallo to have fake back surgery in Italy his rookie year, to hide the fact that Gallo couldn't and would never be able to play well in the NBA. :lol:
you cannot be serious

portega1968

El Cacique
If only you were around for the Gallo War.....and how Gallinari and D'antoni conspired for Gallo to have fake back surgery in Italy his rookie year, to hide the fact that Gallo couldn't and would never be able to play well in the NBA. :lol:

Oh, I was around then. I have witnessed his whacked up logic for many years and have debated with him many times, and although he may bring up good points every now and then, his conspiracy theories are the stuff of legend and just make you wonder how bad it would be to have him as a coworker LOL

Paul1355

All Star
I know we are only 5 behind philley but we have to stay healthy to even get close to 3rd spot.

Melo has had injury woes, Amare is going to get hurt.

The way Lin plays he can easily get hurt.

Davis is shaky.

We have to stay healthy.

If we stay healthy we have a shot but I think 3rd will be too tough.

elcol

Rotation player
if melo can smoothly transition into our offense like everyone has been talking about, who knows how high we can reach?

nixon7

Benchwarmer
Four through six more likely

I think that six or five seed is a more realistic goal, with four seed a bit of stretch goal.

We cannot expect that everyone else in the 3-7 slots will tank sufficiently.

That does not mean that we cannot be the third best team in the East come April (regardless of playoff seeding), just that we still have a hole to dig out of, and player roles to define and refine.

Last edited: