What rotation would you go with?

knickerbocker12

Benchwarmer
With smith in the fold, i think the only way to get everyone in who has been contributing (not including davis and smith) is making smith the starting sg.
once everyone is healthy
Lin/Davis/douglas
Smith/Shump/fields
Melo/Fields/novak
Stat/jeffries/novak
chandler/harrellson/jeffries

bibby gone

what would yall do?

YuvalNYC

Rotation player
Lin/Shump/Davis/douglas
Fields/Smith/Shump
Melo/novak/walker
Stat/harrellson/jeffries
chandler/jeffries/jordan

assuming bibby and balkman out and walker in...
shump either 2nd PG assuming Davis still out, and an alternative to Fields/JR smith.

I still think Smith should be 6th man and Fields a starter.

fender0577

Rotation player
With smith in the fold, i think the only way to get everyone in who has been contributing (not including davis and smith) is making smith the starting sg.
once everyone is healthy
Lin/Davis/anyone but:evil: douglas
Smith/Shump/fields
Melo/Fields/novak
Stat/jeffries/novak

bibby gone

what would yall do?
Fixed it for ya, lol.

portega1968

El Cacique
once everyone is healthy
Lin/Davis/douglas
Smith/Shump/fields
Melo/Fields/novak
Stat/jeffries/novak

bibby gone

what would yall do?

I think we would have to start JR

If JR does not start, it means he only comes in when Melo or Landry go to the bench, which I think is not the best way to maximize his talents.

Landry would be better off the bench to replace JR and Melo

Until BDiddy comes back, Shump can also come in to cover PG, SG and SF

I assume Walker will be taking over The Chemist role from Balkman or Bibby now

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
walt frazier
Allan houston
Dantoni( corner 3 all day)
Mike woodson
Ewing

bench

Marbury
isiah thomas
Dolan
sweetney
eddy curry

unexpected 2012 champions, Game 7 win in the finals vs Heat Mike dantoni nails game winner 3.

YuvalNYC

Rotation player
walt frazier
Allan houston
Mike woodson
Ewing

bench

Marbury
isiah thomas
Dolan
sweetney
eddy curry

unexpected 2012 champions, Game 7 win in the finals vs Heat Mike dantoni nails game winner 3.

Uhhm.. I think you forgot Sprewell... he'll def take that winning 3 :afro:

CoolRunnings

Benchwarmer
walt frazier
Allan houston
Mike woodson
Ewing

bench

Marbury
isiah thomas
Dolan
sweetney
eddy curry

Its a shame we can't play a fellow Eastern Conference team in the finals.

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
Its a shame we can't play a fellow Eastern Conference team in the finals.
lol its suppose to be for the EASTERN CONFERENCE FINALS, but i thought that was a no brainer :boohoo:

Heat currently- Eastern conference champions

maybe i should of rearranged my words

Last edited:

CoolRunnings

Benchwarmer
lol its suppose to be for the EASTERN CONFERENCE FINALS, but i thought that was a no brainer :boohoo:

Heat currently- Eastern conference champions

maybe i should of rearranged my words

haha I wasn't trying to poke fun at you. I'm saying it would be great if it were possible for us to beat Lebron and the Heat in a NBA finals. Send those guys home packing on our terms.

YuvalNYC

Rotation player
haha I wasn't trying to poke fun at you. I'm saying it would be great if it were possible for us to beat Lebron and the Heat in a NBA finals. Send those guys home packing on our terms.

As much as that would be amazing.. hopefully we can still do that in the Conference Finals and get the same feeling :)

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
oh ok i see lol my apologies but in all seriousness

When Healthy

Lin/baron
Fields/Jr/Shump
Melo/Novak
Stat/Jorts
Chandler/Jeffries

Lin & Fields have pretty nice chemistry together. I also feel Fields gives Lin extra confidence when they play together, we shouldn't disrupt that.

JR can be that sixth man we need off the bench, he will also get a chance to have more shots coming off the bench, than he would have if he was playing with the starters. Lin,Melo,Stat,Jr? theres only one basketball

if Baron comes back healthy no doubt he can set JR up with open looks just as good as Lin can. then you have Novak and Jorts spreading the floor making it even easier on everyone.

Novak playing exceptionally well, you dont really want mins taken away from him

Shumpert might see less mins, but we didn't really bring him here for scoring we brought him for Defense so depending on our matchup he could see an extended amount of play time

but come playoffs ill insert JR in the starting lineup in a heartbeat

What you think the rotation should look like?

Last edited:

NYCLakerfan

Rotation player
This is what I'd do

PG Lin/Baron Davis
SG Fields/JR
SF Melo/Shump
PF Amare/Novak/Jorts
C Chandler/Jeffries/Amare

Yes I'd go with a guard lineup off the bench, I think Fields deserves to start and Baron can be the play maker keep things under control dictate who gets the ball, while JR is the main scorer and the 6th man, Shumpert should be coming off the bench at this stage in his career and his defense can be used to lock down the other teams 6th man.

CoolRunnings

Benchwarmer
This is what I'd do

PG Lin/Baron Davis
SG Fields/JR
SF Melo/Shump
PF Amare/Novak/Jorts
C Chandler/Jeffries/Amare

Yes I'd go with a guard lineup off the bench, I think Fields deserves to start and Baron can be the play maker keep things under control dictate who gets the ball, while JR is the main scorer and the 6th man, Shumpert should be coming off the bench at this stage in his career and his defense can be used to lock down the other teams 6th man.

That is the exact lineup I would go with.

smokes

Huge Member
Yeah it would be a bit pointless to start JR as then we would be starting our 5 best scorers all at the same time.

Paul1355

All Star
once everyone is healthy
Lin/Davis/douglas
Smith/Shump/fields
Melo/Fields/novak
Stat/jeffries/novak

bibby gone

what would yall do?

as bad as douglas had been playing, he has been better than Bibby, who's shooting is even worse than Douglas.

Bibby just lost his shot and has no confidence anymore.

Once Melo comes back and we welcome in J.R Smith, the points guards should be in this order on the depth chart:
Lin
Davis
Shumpert
Douglas

I think Bill Walker, Douglas, Balkman, and Bibby won't be on this team next year so I can see Walker Douglas and Balkman being traded with Bibby getting cut.

Can't wait to see Smith on this team. He jocks it but we need outside shooters.

A bench with Davis, Smith, Shumpert, Novak, and Harrelson/Jeffries is solid.

CoolRunnings

Benchwarmer
Damn I just hope with this JR additon Shump, Novak and Fields don't get burried. Do people think JR would do better at 2 backing up fields or 3 backing up Melo?

Paul1355

All Star
Damn I just hope with this JR additon Shump, Novak and Fields don't get burried. Do people think JR would do better at 2 backing up fields or 3 backing up Melo?

Shumpert and Fields are the more versatile players. Both of them can guard 2's or 3's. Shumpert had the strength and defensive ability to play the 3 and Fields has the height to play the 3.

Smith is more of a pure SG.

Having a bench come in of Smith and Shumpert gives you a very athletic combo of offense and defense.

jzero29

Rotation player
as bad as douglas had been playing, he has been better than Bibby, who's shooting is even worse than Douglas.

Bibby just lost his shot and has no confidence anymore.

Once Melo comes back and we welcome in J.R Smith, the points guards should be in this order on the depth chart:
Lin
Davis
Shumpert
Douglas

I think Bill Walker, Douglas, Balkman, and Bibby won't be on this team next year so I can see Walker Douglas and Balkman being traded with Bibby getting cut.

Can't wait to see Smith on this team. He jocks it but we need outside shooters.

A bench with Davis, Smith, Shumpert, Novak, and Harrelson/Jeffries is solid.
who would trade for walker, douglas bibby and balkman.
Bibby was at one time great, but he hasn't show up on the knicks. he's got nothing left in the tank.
Walker is a backup and not playing well at all. Making him low on teams radar
Douglas, The most talented of the bunch, could figure it out...but with the return of DAvis looming and the way D'Antoni runs the bench...he won't get a chance. I do feel he could learn from a player like Lin and I think he's a tough player. He has to become a PG, has to see the success Lin has and try and add that to his game.
Balkman, a hussle role player but unattractive to teams

jzero29

Rotation player

Shumpert and Fields are the more versatile players. Both of them can guard 2's or 3's. Shumpert had the strength and defensive ability to play the 3 and Fields has the height to play the 3.

Smith is more of a pure SG.

Having a bench come in of Smith and Shumpert gives you a very athletic combo of offense and defense.
The whole mix can split time everywhere.