What rotation would you go with?

NYCLakerfan

Rotation player
Shumpert and Fields are the more versatile players. Both of them can guard 2's or 3's. Shumpert had the strength and defensive ability to play the 3 and Fields has the height to play the 3.

Smith is more of a pure SG.

Having a bench come in of Smith and Shumpert gives you a very athletic combo of offense and defense.

Word just slide Shump to the 3 he can guard 3 positions anyway and he's not gonna have the ball in his hands too much playing with BD and Smith

KingCharles34

All Star
Lin/Davis
Smith/Shumpert
Melo/Fields/Novak
Jeffries/Harrelson/Novak
Chandler/Jeffries

Shumpert would also be my backup PG until Davis is healthy...I would also bring Balkman in if more defense was needed from the SF position. Lets say we're playing Oklahoma...Melo's in foul trouble or on the bench. Durants been lightin up Fields and Novak. Then I'd bring in Balkman, that type of situation.

Lin/Davis
Smith/Shumpert
Melo/Fields/Novak
Jeffries/Harrelson/Novak
Chandler/Jeffries

Shumpert would also be my backup PG until Davis is healthy...I would also bring Balkman in if more defense was needed from the SF position. Lets say we're playing Oklahoma...Melo's in foul trouble or on the bench. Durants been lightin up Fields and Novak. Then I'd bring in Balkman, that type of situation.

yea thats how its gonna have to be because shump will need to guard westbrook and then durant will have a field day against melo so thats our only option

KingCharles34

All Star
yea thats how its gonna have to be because shump will need to guard westbrook and then durant will have a field day against melo so thats our only option

Exactly what I was thinkin with Shump, you gotta use him with these types of matchups. He can stay with those speedy point guards for the most part. I just dont think he really has the height to bother Durant, hes better off guarding Westbrook. Put Lin on Harden and Sefolosha. The key to Harden is staying with him, hes great at taking advantage of being open. Team try to double other players and its not a good idea with Harden on the court. They'd probably wanna at least try JR Smith on Westbrook too

Exactly what I was thinkin with Shump, you gotta use him with these types of matchups. He can stay with those speedy point guards for the most part. I just dont think he really has the height to bother Durant, hes better off guarding Westbrook. Put Lin on Harden and Sefolosha. The key to Harden is staying with him, hes great at taking advantage of being open. Team try to double other players and its not a good idea with Harden on the court. They'd probably wanna at least try JR Smith on Westbrook too

well i wouldnt say durant isnt bothered by smaller players look what tony allen did to him in the playoffs last year,it can be done just gotta get physical with him.

KingCharles34

All Star
^

I like Shumperts defense and i think he'll get even better but Tony Allen is the best or one of the best perimeter/man to man/team defenders in the league. Shump can get to that elite level though, hes got some of the quickest hands I've ever seen. As far as the rush hour comparisons go, I know that Shumpert obviously looks alot more like Carter but handspeed wise hes on par with Lee. You gotta point though too, It'd be worth giving him a chance against Durant or any other small forward in the league that can put up alotta points.