JR SMITH Officially a KNICK!Balkman cut

YuvalNYC

Rotation player
Yea seriously.. Bibby is literally useless and a waste of roster space..at this point we'd be better of with a highschool PG rather than him.

He's lucky BD is still injured cuz thats his insurance... ;)

sad to see Balkman leave over bibby , but id rather balkman go over Walker..

idk why i just really like bill walker, i feel that even tho he's struggling, he has to much heart and is really giving %110 , i guess he's just going through some sort of phase, like landry did in the beginning of the season...
hopefully he'll play good with whatever minutes he'll get from now on .
KG-and-Bill-Walker.jpg

amazinz5

Benchwarmer
Yea seriously.. Bibby is literally useless and a waste of roster space..
He's lucky BD is still injured cuz thats his insurance... ;)

sad to see Balkman leave over bibby , but id rather balkman go over Walker..

idk why i just really like bill walker, i feel that even tho he's struggling, he has to much heart and is really giving %110 , i guess he's just going through some sort of phase, like landry did in the beginning of the season.

take note people: it is possible to admit when you're wrong

before i saw him in a knicks jersey and i only saw his highlights i was all about billy walker. he can singlehandedly carry the offense, but he can also singlehandedly kill any and all offensive momentum with his chucking. MOST of the time he is a liability on defense, but just like his offense he can have a good game. he brought it against sacto. if he can get his head on straight he can be worthy of serious bench minutes. big if though, imo. right now hes the ollie perez of the knicks until he proves otherwise.

portega1968

El Cacique
You're quick bro, wanted to post the same stuff.

edit: I've just tweeted some nice words to Balkman, I know we've done the right thing, but I will miss "the Chemist".

Time to call up Ahmad Nivins!!!

no, I assume Jerome Jordan can fill the Chemist role with some coaching from Bibby.

portega1968

El Cacique
Props to ITGM over at RealGM
I just saw this and HAD to post it for those who don't visit RealGM.

NICE!!!

Wanna see them Boston sluts come to MSG with that fugazzi attitude... JR gonna have them biatches running for cover!!! He's like our own Vernon Maxwell!!!

Last edited:
Props to ITGM over at RealGM
I just saw this and HAD to post it for those who don't visit RealGM.

So this guys gonna lead us to a title....makes sense. Every championship team needs a crazy mother ****er.

Bulls had Rodman, Lakers had Ron, Dallas has Terry and Stevenson, Celtics have Pierce, guess we were just missing that crazy mother ****er.

My only problem with this signing is Shumpert and Walker seem like they could be influinced negativly by him.

portega1968

El Cacique
love the positive attitude!!!

Tommy Beer: What's the over/under on the number of Lin-to-Smith alley-oops during JR's first week in NY?

for everyone and anyone lamenting the JR Smith signing, please get over yourselves and welcome the boy home... he is now part of the family!!!

amazinz5

Benchwarmer
if he ever attempts highlight reel shit like that i will never welcome him anywhere. that type of shit belongs on the heat, and i dont care if he averages 30 points doing it. this team is about winning, not compiling top 10 plays.

portega1968

El Cacique
if he ever attempts highlight reel shit like that i will never welcome him anywhere. that type of shit belongs on the heat, and i dont care if he averages 30 points doing it. this team is about winning, not compiling top 10 plays.

come on bro'... that was totally from instinct.. he went up for the pass and then dunked it.. I doubt he was ever thinking of doing a 360 when he jumped, it just came out that way

amazinz5

Benchwarmer
he didnt have to do a 360 to get 2 points. if he pulls something like that off and it gives the team the energy they need to pull out a W on a given night i'll let it slide, but every time i see lebron and wade pull shit like that i cringe, even though the only thing i care about is them losing, because they're potentially sacrificing the win to get on sportscenter. if he tries a fancy dunk and it goes 30 feet in the air and we lose hes gonna get chased out of ny like isiah.

J.R. Smith is a good addition to D'Antoni's system. He's like a 'Joe Johnson light'.

As long as the other guys (especially Tyson) keep an eye on him he'll be fine. He's the much needed shooter at the guard spot that we lacked earlier in the season.

I'm just sad that Balkman had to leave. He was a great chemistry guy and kind of a 'cult figure' for the Knicks.

Bibby looks to be a decent guy too, but I'd have cut him tbh and kept Balkman.

Now Baron Davis needs to come back and our 10-men rotation will be quite solid I guess :thumbsup:

CA7

Scoring Champ
Melo should keep him under control, Tyson dont play that shit anyway but still JR knows what his role is going to be, come in and make plays

NYCLakerfan

Rotation player
So this guys gonna lead us to a title....makes sense. Every championship team needs a crazy mother ****er.

Bulls had Rodman, Lakers had Ron, Dallas has Terry and Stevenson, Celtics have Pierce, guess we were just missing that crazy mother ****er.

My only problem with this signing is Shumpert and Walker seem like they could be influinced negativly by him.

KG is by far the craziest player for Boston

NYCLakerfan

Rotation player

Are you serious JR is flashy he's gonna do these things, it energizes the crowd and the team plus it just looks dope if he does 360 lay ups and the ball goes in who cares if he showing off.

amazinz5

Benchwarmer
Are you serious JR is flashy he's gonna do these things, it energizes the crowd and the team plus it just looks dope if he does 360 lay ups and the ball goes in who cares if he showing off.

its a lower % shot than just turning toward the net and dunking or laying it in. same concept as contested 3s with 15 seconds left, which depending on you youre talking to is like the 8th deadly sin. its not without upside but youre sacrificing fg% and potentially wins for top ten plays. yes, tyson will be in his ear but so will his potential big contract next year. he wont earn a big paycheck from his presence affecting defenses or deferring to his teammates, he knows he needs to put up numbers or make plays like that.