GAME THREAD: The New York Knickerbockers vs The New Orleans Hornets

SONG OF THE GAME

LINSANITY meets MELOMANIA! Tonight Carmelo Anthony RETURNS to his hometown New York Knicks, where a new leader has come forth. One mistake by Carmelo and he can find himself in hot water with the fans. Can Melo and Lin co-exist? Will Melo alter his game? Will Lin alter his? Will the fans boo Melo? Will Linsanity continue? Will Melomania ne revived? We'll find out when The New York Knicks try to keep they're 7 game winning streek alive against the New Orleans Hornets, on MSG and ESPN radio 1050!

STARTING LINE-UPS

Please give a warm welcome to the visiting New Orleans Hornets!

At PG, from who gives a shit, Jarret "im not Chris Paul" Jack!
jarrett-jack-raptors.jpg

At shooting guard from some weird country called Italy, he grew up jacking off to Mike D'Antoni and got into basketball after being named the "Blowjob boy" for an italian mens rec league team, give it up for Marco Belineliiiiiii

belinelli_marco.jpg

At Small Forward, from coke town miami, he once bent over and sniffed Eddy Curry's fart box for 6 dollars, Trevor Ariza!!!!

deh-hornets-trevor-ariza-036.jpg

At Power Forward, he sticks churos up his ass for Eric Gordon's amusement, Guatavo Ayon!
dt.common.streams.StreamServer.cls

And at Center at 7 feet from the land of Kamania..or wherever im to lazy to look it up and no one gives a **** about him cause he's getting traded soon...uh Chris Kaman!!!
268012958001_1341170761001_vs-1341157884001.jpg

The Head Coach is Mike D'Antoni

AND NOW PLEAAAASEE WELCOME, YOUR 2012 NEW YORK KNICKS!

AT POINT GUARD FROM HARVARD, THE ASIAN SENSATION, THE ANCHIENT CHINESE SECRET, SUPER LINTENDO, LINSANITY, LINCREDIBLE, LINVINCIBLE,
JEREMY LINNNNNNNNNNN
bilde

AT SHOOTING GUARD FROM THE UNIVERSITY OF STAMFORD, NUMBER 2, LAAAAANNNDRYYYYYYY FIELDDDDDDDDSSSSSS
GYI0062265272_crop_450x500.jpg

AT SMALL FORWARD FROM SYRACUSE UNIVERSITY, FROM RED HOOK BROOKLYN, THE MELLOW FELLOW, CARMELOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
ANTHONYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
carmelo.jpg

AT POWER FORWARD FROM ORLANDO FLORIDA, AMAREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
STOUDEMIRE!!!!

amare%2Bon%2Blebron1.jpg

AT CENTER AT 7 FOOT 1 FROM CALI, TYSON CHANDLERRRRRRRR
118797_Jazz_Knicks_Basketball.jpg

=========================================================

KWRA Keys to the game:

Control the boards
Put Shumpert on Jack
Don't lose to a D-League team

portega1968

El Cacique
Marc Berman (who many times misses worse than a Toney Douglas 3pointer) is saying Melo may not return tonight

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/knicks/lin_harmony_ihTic4v2G941pkhvSHv7YP

I think Jarrett Jack is still out and Greivis Vazquez will start at PG. Lin will own him because our team is just way better, but Vazquez is a good matchup for Lin cause Vazquez does get plenty of assists and steals.

Hornets shouldnt be taken lightly. I mean, they are in the gutter cause of their ownership issues, but they have an active team that can upset if they are not respected (ask the Bucks)

Kaman has been playing good lately, so he will make Chandler work on the defensive end, and Gustavo Ayon is a good rebounder. Belinelli (hit 6 threes on Wednesday) is a good matchup for Fields and Shump to defend, but I dont think the Italian will be able to defend Landry much. Plus, Ariza will be all over the place getting boards and steals.

We need to build a quick cushion to start the game to not let them have a chance of making us work in the end.

portega1968

El Cacique
D'Antoni just said in a press conference that Carmelo will probably not play tonight; Knicks staff told Barbara Barker that he definitely will not play tonight

portega1968

El Cacique
Why is this thread too wide for my window?

With Melo out and Walker probably gone to make room for Smith, who will be starting at the SF?

As i've said elsewhere, I wish it was Novak.. it opens up the game from the start, but we may see Shump and Fields in there, or maybe Jeffries with the starters.

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
this should be a blow out, pushing us to a 8 game winning streak leaving us tied with the Celtics for the 7th spot :beer:

amazinz5

Benchwarmer
whats your source for melo starting? this was one of the better game threads i've seen in a while, but not if the starting lineup isnt even right.

(if you put a source you wont be the one thats wrong, whoever said hes starting will be)

portega1968

El Cacique
whats your source for melo starting? this was one of the better game threads i've seen in a while, but not if the starting lineup isnt even right.

(if you put a source you wont be the one thats wrong, whoever said hes starting will be)

I think it was assumed that he was starting until Knicks said otherwise just an hour ago, before the thread

NYallDay

Benchwarmer
it might not be a that bad of an idea for Melo to sit out.
He gets 2 more days of rest and JLin can get one more game of learning to play with Stat and where he likes the ball, etc.

portega1968

El Cacique
Seems like Jarrett Jack is back tonight, off the bench:

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nba/1123/jarrett-jack/1

Jarrett Jack will make his return to the Hornets on Friday night against the Knicks.

Nursing a bone bruise in his left knee, Jack hasn't played since February 8. Jack said that he will play "limited minutes, off the bench...probably three or four minutes into the game." It will be interesting to see if head coach Monty Williams eventually returns Jack to his starting PG role with Greivis Vasquez playing so well right now. It looks like Vasquez will be guaranteed at least one more start to show he should keep the gig, but after that all bets are off. Feb 17 - 1:22 PM
Source: New York Daily News

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
This game thread looks like it's made by Broussard, plenty of screaming, insulting and nobody understands what's the point. I appreciate the effort though.

Wow, the Hornets really look terrible on paper!

I mean it's one thing to trade Chris Paul, but where are ALL of their guys? No David West (INdiana), no Emeka Okafor(Where is he?), no Carl Landry, no Willie Green (Where is he?).....they lost everybody it seems...

and where are their trade pieces Al-Faruq Aminu and Eric Gordon?

I've never ever heard of their power forward....and Kaman starting, wow just wow. I thought the Bobcats were horrible, but New Orleans takes it to a whole new level.....I feel sorry for their fans, they used to have decent fans.

Should be an easy win for us, SHOULD be.

Is J.R. SMith expected to play?

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
I don't know if JR received a letter of clearence from FIBA already, but if he did he could play some garbage minutes if we're beating NOLA bad enough. :D

portega1968

El Cacique
Wow, the Hornets really look terrible on paper!

I mean it's one thing to trade Chris Paul, but where are ALL of their guys? No David West (INdiana), no Emeka Okafor(Where is he?), no Carl Landry, no Willie Green (Where is he?).....they lost everybody it seems...

and where are their trade pieces Al-Faruq Aminu and Eric Gordon?

I've never ever heard of their power forward....and Kaman starting, wow just wow. I thought the Bobcats were horrible, but New Orleans takes it to a whole new level.....I feel sorry for their fans, they used to have decent fans.

Should be an easy win for us, SHOULD be.

Is J.R. SMith expected to play?

Coach Monty Williams referred to Emeka Okafor's knee injury as "one of those weird deals."

Okafor isn't traveling with the Hornets and won't play until after the All-Star break at the earliest. "I'm not going to get too detailed about that. It is what it is," said Williams when asked about what's wrong with Okafor. The Hornets now have four players sidelined with knee issues: Okafor, Eric Gordon, Jarrett Jack and Carl Landry. Feb 16 - 2:25 PM
Source: New Orleans Times-Picayune

JR Smith expected to play Sunday his first game as a Knick, although he will be at MSG tonight

smokes

Huge Member
Whoa relax on bashing the game thread guys! Constructive criticism only please! These things are not an easy task by any stretch of the imagination!

Tips for the future:

* Resize pictures
* Less giant capital letters, the jokes are cool :) but hard to read all that massive spam
* Do a quick check on NBA.com to find out who's probably playing

As for the game, we should win this easily. I want at least a 10 preferably closer to 20pt cushion around the end 3rd/start 4th so we can keep resting Lin.