We'll be fine...

a) Lin needs to really facilitate. I counted at least 5 assists he missed by not hitting his wing players by jacking up crazy layups or turning the ball over.

b) Except for STAT everyone missed wide open looks. I havent seen the shooting %s yet but I'm sure they're abysmal.

c) This is why we need Melo. With Melo LIN HAS TO PASS IT TO HIM WHEN HE"S OPEN

d) Albeit late MDA actually is starting to situation-ally coach.

e) Melo, BDiddy and JR may be considered bigtime players. They wont choke as much as our young guns. Fields, Shump and Lin...

This was a wakeup call. We'll beat Dallas to start a new streak...

iSaYughh

Starter
100%

I really hope people aren't dropping their pants after this loss and exposing panties.

I'm actually somewhat emboldened by the game. We didn't give up, and played some superb situational D in crunch times.

It was also the best I've ever seen D'antoni look as a coach coming out of timeouts. He/the players did a pretty phenominal job at the end, despite the result not tipping our way.

Also, I think it's safe to say Jeffries is a legit asset for us at this point. I like the DNA of this team. Championship caliber, IMO.

I don't wanna get on Fields back, but I'm more excited/comforted by our move of getting JR now, too.

Let's not forget we are still without our *best* player, too.

Regroup. Get ready for the Mavs, and get primed to take down MIA in a huge momentum game. :peace:

nuckles2k2

Superstar
Yea, I actually liked some of the situational moves MDA made tonight.

I do wanna see STAT give more effort on the defensive end. I counted at least 3 times when he went straight matador and seemingly shouted "?Ole!" while his man blew by to the rim.

His offense was serviceable, but he just doesn't seem to have that same explosiveness, making me nervous.

Just take it in stride and look forward to the Melo and J Auuuuurrrrrrraaaaahhhhh joining the team. Lin getting his turnovers under control by way of easier plays and passes with more weapons on the court should promote a few self corrections to issues.

Yea, I actually liked some of the situational moves MDA made tonight.

I do wanna see STAT give more effort on the defensive end. I counted at least 3 times when he went straight matador and seemingly shouted "?Ole!" while his man blew by to the rim.

His offense was serviceable, but he just doesn't seem to have that same explosiveness, making me nervous.

Just take it in stride and look forward to the Melo and J Auuuuurrrrrrraaaaahhhhh joining the team. Lin getting his turnovers under control by way of easier plays and passes with more weapons on the court should promote a few self corrections to issues.

I was watching STAT and on defense it seems he doesnt have any type quick twitch movements. On offense he see's it and he's gone. BOOM. On defense either he doesnt see it, doesnt recognize it or doesnt care. Whatever it is he's always late to make a move if he makes a move at all...

onex0is0

Benchwarmer
Three-point shooting was HORRIBLE tonight!!!

Well, we got the "one" lost out of the way (even thought it was against a sucky team).

Now let's start another streak by beating the Mavericks this Sun!!!!

knicksin60

Starter
Even with Melo the Knicks would have lost this game.Can't depend on guys to hit their shots when you miss 10 ft's and turn the ball over to a crummy team.

Even with Melo the Knicks would have lost this game.Can't depend on guys to hit their shots when you miss 10 ft's and turn the ball over to a crummy team.

Knicks blow this team out with Melo. It wouldnt even be close. The wing was open all night long. Melo hits those in his sleep...

BachaCho

Benchwarmer

Melo playing tonight =less Lin turnover's = less TO's the whole game and more asissts the whole game for the team... Jeffries should teach Stat some defense honestly because Stats defensive awareness is pretty ****ing terrible

Red

TYPE-A
Good Points.

a) Lin needs to really facilitate. I counted at least 5 assists he missed by not hitting his wing players by jacking up crazy layups or turning the ball over.
By crazy layups, I'm assuming you mean partially out of control, resulting in a forced, poor quality shot, followed by the self induced misstep flop.

That and his lackadaisical passing at times (along with STAT) need improvement and are leading to too many turnovers.

b) Except for STAT everyone missed wide open looks. I havent seen the shooting %s yet but I'm sure they're abysmal.
:agreed:

c) This is why we need Melo. With Melo LIN HAS TO PASS IT TO HIM WHEN HE"S OPEN

Yup, but we have another difficult dynamic to incorporate, three players; BD, JR, Melo with them.

d) Albeit late MDA actually is starting to situation-ally coach.

And I forgot about Harrellson.

e) Melo, BDiddy and JR may be considered bigtime players. They wont choke as much as our young guns. Fields, Shump and Lin...

Agreed, but Lin seems clutch. Fields is a defensive disappointment, as well as STAT- who looks stiff and limited.

This was a wakeup call. We'll beat Dallas to start a new streak...

:agreed:

But it won't be easy. Important loss though, helps ground them.

:fazer::argue:

:moon:

I am not sold yet on Melo being the savior. The Knicks had Melo and lost twice to the three win Bobcats.

Melo doesnt need to save us, he just needs to do what he does. Hit his shots.

I was as upset as anyone losing to the Bobcats. That was then. IMHO this team is much better. They're concentrating on defense. They're passing the ball. Dont get me wrong this was a bad loss, but I think the team played worse than what they're capable of.

Those losses to the Cats, Cavs and those teams we were playing terrible basketball...

KingofNy

Starter
Walker 1-5
Fields 1-8
Shump 3-9
Novak 2-9

Totals 7-31

This is why we lost. This and the turnovers...

IMO We didn't lose because of Lin's turnovers. We lost because we couldn't hit any 3's. 4 of 24 from 3 and New Orleans was knocking down everything. You're not gonna win if Ariza hits a bunch of 3's and scores 25 and our sharpshooter (Novak) couldn't buy one. The corner 3 at the shot clock buzzer over Chandler really killed us as well.

Also, I counted 4 Lin turnovers that weren't his fault. 3 of them passes to Amare in which his goofy a$$ couldn't handle. Amare's lack of D really hurts us bad, especially in the end of games. There was about 6 times tonight where New Orleans easily scored because he was out of position and playing soft and slow. Shump's erratic passing really hurt us as well. I think it might be a good idea to trade Amare before the deadline and hopefully get back a backup PG and a starting PF that plays D well to help Chandler and that can post up and score.

Don't be surprised if Fields loses his starting job to J.R. When Fields is bad, he's terrible and he was just that tonight. Terrible. It's almost like Landry loses confidence and then just forgets how to shoot/play. We'll be better when we get our guys back but I think Stat is going to be a liability on D all season and I really think he's going to hurt us in the playoffs with his BAD d.

Last edited:

knicksin60

Starter
Melo playing tonight =less Lin turnover's = less TO's the whole game and more asissts the whole game for the team... Jeffries should teach Stat some defense honestly because Stats defensive awareness is pretty ****ing terrible

Stat is a worse defensive player than David Lee. Whenever he's not scoring he is useless.

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
1: The problem is Fields has no business being a starting SG he's a smart player but his game is so predictable it's not even funny. He passes up Wide open shots to drive into traffic almost everytime he catches the ball (mind you half the time he's faking a shot with no one even close to him) which is mind-boggling. Offensively he's right up there with shawn marion. IMO. we need a lethal shooter in this system playing the SG (morrow) (wright) (korver) shooters like this. i know we have JR coming off the bench maybe that will help.

2. we need a backup PG shump, bibby dont cut it we have no idea when baron comes back, or what kind of shape he's in when he comes back, hell he'll probably need another 2 weeks to get his groove back when he does come back

3. Novak should of been starting with the absence of carmelo he's clearly a better shooter, not a bad defender either.

4. Get stat off this team, the man is handicapped on defense. i cant even credit him for his offense because he gets owned in the paint nowadays. If his jumper aint dropping he aint worth spit, i have no problem starting chandler and jeffries and have stat come off the bench to play with the scrubs. trade Stat straight up for josh smith or pau gasol at this point, that is if they even would want stat.

5. trade walker,td for something idc what it is but something.

ok my rant is over...bash me about how wrong you think i am, praise me about how right i am ill read it and not reply, due to the soreness of losing to a team that won 6 games.:boohoo:

Last edited:

NYCLakerfan

Rotation player
There's no need to rant and there's no need to really complain it was a trap game right before a game vs the defending champs, most of the players had an off night, and the go to guy who couldve saved the Knicks and won the game is still injured.

This loss is not a big deal and NY wouldve won if Walker, Jeffries, and Fields just hit a few more shots.

Relax guys, like the title of the thread says: We'll be alright!

It was a terrible game, agree, but it was one game. Things have gotten pretty out of hand during the winning streak, especially the hype surrounding Lin - I bet it started to suck the energy out of him and the other players aswell.

Maybe a needed loss for us, as strange as it may sound, but now everything's back to earth and we can focus on Dallas and start a new winning streak.

It won't happen too often that we shoot as badly as we did last night and our defensive is normally pretty good just wasn't last night.

Maybe just a lack of energy and focus.

Let's stay positive :thumbsup: