Have you seen this man?

WrongIslander

Rotation player
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IoZI4sFObwE

He went missing sometime 2011.

Please STAT come home.

I'm fed up of seeing Lin near kill himself getting to the rim and trying for defensive plays and rebounds and then you see Boshemire letting people through far too easily, not challenging anything like he can for rebounds (the fact he still puts up numbers with little effort doesn't hide this) and then literally waiting under the basket for Lin to beat 3 men and find him (sometimes he does, sometimes he doesn't).

Of course when we are getting dominated in the paint late on and we need our big man he's sitting on the bench wondering like the rest of us why he's only getting a pitiful amount of time to go in and change the game.

MDA you get a pass you're now 7-1 with a PG but this was more like the old you and I don't like it.

One last thing, I'm not worried in the slightest about Melo coming back now. Why? Well it would be nice to see someone else who WILL drive to the rim and take some strain off Lin!

MeloforMayor

BALL DON'T LIE
STAT is the weakest link in the Knicks defensive lineup. It seems like on every play he loses his man. I don't know who Gustavo Ayon is but STAT let him pass by for an open layup for too many times against the Hornets.

I'm surprised STAT is getting slower at 29 years old. I can't imagine how slow he will be @ age 32 :barf:

Its sad really, I can see that he puts effort and actually TRIES his best to play good D. But he is just too slow to keep his man in front of him and lacks defensive awareness overall.

Jeffries and Chandler should teach him how to handle big men down low....

CoolRunnings

Benchwarmer
STAT is the weakest link in the Knicks defensive lineup. It seems like on every play he loses his man. I don't know who Gustavo Ayon is but STAT let him pass by for an open layup for too many times against the Hornets.

I'm surprised STAT is getting slower at 29 years old. I can't imagine how slow he will be @ age 32 :barf:

Its sad really, I can see that he puts effort and actually TRIES his best to play good D. But he is just too slow to keep his man in front of him and lacks defensive awareness overall.

Jeffries and Chandler should teach him how to handle big men down low....

You lost me when you said "he puts effort and actually Tries his best to play good D."

Bro I have seen better defense at the National Wheelchair Basketball Assocation. Amare lacks basic fundementals on defense. Look at Jefferies, he is by far the least athletic person on our team but just has a feel for defense.

Forrest17

Rotation player
Yeah, you know what? I don't even care about Amare's defense..Some players just will never really learn how to do it right, so whatever

All I want from him, is to drive to the basket and dominate and at the very least block shots effectively at critical times and grab more boards like he did last year. Its the fact that he is not doing either that makes him look all that much worse. We wouldn't even be in these tight game situations where guys blow by him or they grab rebounds from over his head practically and teams get second chances, and it costs us the game. That wouldn't happen if got it done on the other end like he used to

How many scrubs have been straight up rejecting him right at the rim? He seems to be getting his mid range jumper back which is ok I guess but he needs to freaking finish.. thats his strength

Last year he was one of the best finishers in the game, and now Jefferies seems more reliable to put balls away that lin hands him than STAT and I just don't understand it.

He is walking around like there is lead in his feet, like he isn't even trying.

VeryGundy

Benchwarmer
Last year he was one of the best finishers in the game, and now Jefferies seems more reliable to put balls away that lin hands him than STAT and I just don't understand it.

He is walking around like there is lead in his feet, like he isn't even trying.

Maybe there is some truth to the rumor that STAT is hiding an injury, just saying.

Wargames

Starter
Maybe there is some truth to the rumor that STAT is hiding an injury, just saying.

I think its more overall conditioning than an injury. Stat Played out of his mind last year pushing himself to be that dude every game (some discredit goes to D'antoni for that as well) and like most people predicted he broke down. Then add in that due to the back injury he didn't practice like he normally would and the schedule of a compact season and you get 2012 Amare. On top of all of that he is playing against faster players at PF instead of Centers.

He can still get 20 points damn near every night but he isn't fast enough to get easy dunks & layups that in turn lower his efficiency. Also Tyson's defender is always in the paint waiting for him so he is getting hacked....

In time you hope that Amare and Tyson will be able to switch off during plays to give Amare the mismatch offensively but its still early. Also just like Tyson seems to play better at center with Jared as his defensive PF. Amare seemed to play better at center with Jorts as his defensive stretch PF.

Also trading Amare now to me seems a mute point they are good all over the roster and in theory Lin & Davis should be able to feed Amare over the next 2-4 years.

Last edited:

VeryGundy

Benchwarmer
On top of all of that he is playing against faster players at PF instead of Centers.

That may be a huge problem for this team down the road. Amare can still blow past by most PFs on offense. It is on the defensive end that his lack of motivation really gets exposed. To put it simply, Amare does not rotate well on defense. On PnR's, he is a huge liability.

CA7

Scoring Champ
He added 20 pounds, remember last year LeBron added weight and he seemed more sluggish well STAT 's knees probably cant handle all the force maybe he should drop 10-15 pounds, to regain some quickness, personally him and Melo both need to

STAT should be 6'11 245 ideally

Melo should be 6'8 225(more muscle less body fat) for this system

Eman

Benchwarmer
It's those new goggles, I tell ya! Ever since he got that new spiffy looking pair, things have gone down hill!

nixon7

Benchwarmer
Stat worked out too much

I think the problem is that Stat bulked up too much with weights to compensate for his back injury.

You can see it in the way he carries himself on the court.

I recommend that he take yoga and increase his flexibility and muscle length. Maybe swimming would also help.

Paul1355

All Star
I think its more overall conditioning than an injury. Stat Played out of his mind last year pushing himself to be that dude every game (some discredit goes to D'antoni for that as well) and like most people predicted he broke down. Then add in that due to the back injury he didn't practice like he normally would and the schedule of a compact season and you get 2012 Amare. On top of all of that he is playing against faster players at PF instead of Centers.

He can still get 20 points damn near every night but he isn't fast enough to get easy dunks & layups that in turn lower his efficiency. Also Tyson's defender is always in the paint waiting for him so he is getting hacked....

In time you hope that Amare and Tyson will be able to switch off during plays to give Amare the mismatch offensively but its still early. Also just like Tyson seems to play better at center with Jared as his defensive PF. Amare seemed to play better at center with Jorts as his defensive stretch PF.

Also trading Amare now to me seems a mute point they are good all over the roster and in theory Lin & Davis should be able to feed Amare over the next 2-4 years.

good post

Amare and Chandler doesn't compliment how eachother play. Both are better off the ball and use pick and roll to get points, exept Amare with the mid range but it doesnt always go in.

Harrelson with Amare is a great front court, especially since Josh can stretch the floor like u said which leaves Amare open down low for easy pick and rolls.

Davis and Lin feeding Amare is as good as u can get, other than Steve Nash of course.