No carmelo sunday / Baron Returning soon

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
Al Iannazzone @Al_Iannazzone
No Carmelo tomorrow, but D'Antoni said JR Smith and Baron Davis may be available.

D'Antoni said Melo maybe for Monday. Knicks should have everyone other than Harrellson available Wednesday vs. Atlanta.

Baron said he expects to play in the next couple of days. Knicks play tomorrow and Monday

LINK MORE INFO

http://twitter.com/#!/al_iannazzone

NEW UPDATED VID OF BARON DOING SCRIMAGES BELOW

http://twitvid.com/DNTLL

Last edited:

CA7

Scoring Champ
I got a feeling Melo's going to play, its a home game which is why I think this but I may be wrong

portega1968

El Cacique
No Baron, no Melo and no JR against the Mavs on Sunday, but most probably available for Monday against New Jersey?

Are you ****ing kiddng me?

I cant believe that JR is not at practice today to get mins tomorrow, that just shouldnt happen.

And does one day really make that much of a difference for Melo and Davis, when you consider that the tough matchup is on Sunday? Are they sidestepping the challenge? What happened to the warrior DNA that is on their uniform left there by Oakley, Sprewell and other crazy mudda fuggas who played with passion?

They better beat the Nets who are fired up with all the Lin replays. And if they do, you can imagine the celebration like it was a playoff victory. i prefer the W that we need tomorrow against the Mavs goddammit.

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
LOL. :lol:

@Al_Ianazzone: Mike D'Antoni after being told that J.R. Smith tweeted that Sunday would be his first game, the Knicks coach said, "Ok, then he’s playing. That’s fine with me. Whatever. I’ll introduce myself before he plays."

Wargames

Starter
We have Dallas, nets hawks heat this week...

so the whole week is gonna be a tough one

Thats why I believe the "No Melo" on Sunday's game story. If anything you want him healthy and in top shape for the Heat game since it could be a statement game. Like I've said before if Baron, JR, Melo, Lin, and Amare will force Miami the whole game to make tough defensive choices. Add in tyson who just mauls the heat bigmen (Man I hope Stern doesn't just cut Kaman "for basketball reasons" to help the heat) The knicks could easily win by blitzkrieg the Heat with talented players for 48 minutes. That level of talent could run the scrubs who make up the Heats supporting cast out if the Gym.

tiger0330

Legend
LOL. :lol:

@Al_Ianazzone: Mike D'Antoni after being told that J.R. Smith tweeted that Sunday would be his first game, the Knicks coach said, "Ok, then he?s playing. That?s fine with me. Whatever. I?ll introduce myself before he plays."
Just what I always suspected, it's the inmates that run the jail not the warden eh coach. I expected JR to play especially if the Knicks had a shooting game like yesterday.

Perfect game for JR to make an appearance, national TV probably 10-20 million people watching around the world, I think he rises in these type of games.

CA7

Scoring Champ
Just what I always suspected, it's the inmates that run the jail not the warden eh coach. I expected JR to play especially if the Knicks had a shooting game like yesterday.

Perfect game for JR to make an appearance, national TV probably 10-20 million people watching around the world, I think he rises in these type of games.

thats who JR is, nationally televised games he shines so bright, he defends with passion also but when playing the Bobcats, Bucks and other bums he's lackadaisical and uninterested

amazinz5

Benchwarmer
i've played harder in my sleep than baron did in that video, if its what i saw earlier today. i dont even want him wearing a jersey at this point. melo i can understand not playing, the heat game is what matters this week.

unloopme

Benchwarmer
thats who JR is, nationally televised games he shines so bright, he defends with passion also but when playing the Bobcats, Bucks and other bums he's lackadaisical and uninterested
Then he's gonna fit right in.

If Phil Jackson or Doc Rivers was the coach they'd say "Well its good to see a player so enthusiatic to get on the court" or something like that."

They wouldn't bend over and spread their cheeks for the guy and say "well if he says so!"!!!

This is why Mike is a joke. I mean I love his system with Mike Woodson's Defense I think its the best system in the NBA right now as long as Woodson is apart of it but you can't be your players bitch! you gotta be able to say "Hey your not playing Im gonna play Billy for such and such reasons".

and then players who don't intimedate him into playing them he doen't even give a look at? come on man if Melo never went to him and said "Hey we should give Jeremy a shot.", Lin would be on waivers right now.

and guess what? We had an athletic forward who could spread the floor and score and he is now on waivers because Mike didn't give him a shot. Ridiculous.

knicksin60

Starter
I have the feeling that J.R. Smith will become another Larry Hughes type player that grows quickly out of favor with D'antoni and will be benched the rest of the season.

Last edited:

unloopme

Benchwarmer
lmao but thats crazy in my eyes, when we play Miami, Boston, Chicago we play so hard and GREAT but we dont devour these lesser teams
No doubt. It's damn infuriating, and shit like that drives me bananas!

Hopefully we can do that in the playoffs......
Exactly...shine for the lights!

I have the feeling that J.R. Smith will become another Larry Hughes type player that grows quickly out of favor with D'antoni and will be benched the rest of the season.
Damn bro, I hope your wrong for ALL our sakes.