Dallas Mavericks @ New York Knicks 02.19 1:00PM

Forrest17

Rotation player
Lin will probably be turn over prone

But remember, he played at Harvard in college.. And this is only his 9th start, he probably isn't used to all these different defensive coverages.. Im sure he will adapt to bring them down over time but he will be fine imo

What a freaking win though. Lin is so clutch.. SO CLUTCH.

Kiyaman

Legend
Lin has endurance but he's not Superman in this schedule

Wow, I haven't enjoyed watching bball this much in a long ass time! Also, anyone who sees J.R. as a bad signing should be slapped in the head. Dude just gives us another dynamic we didn't have. After the Melo trade everyone was saying we didn't have depth, well now look lol. BDiddy,Novak,Smith,Jeffries,Shump,Jorts. We have the depth and star power and have improved on D to have a chance. This team is only going to get better with more time together and full health. Forget the Philly's and Indy's of the world. Regardless of records, we ARE the 3rd best team in the East and are the only team that can legitimately stand up to Miami and Chicago when we are fully clicking and actually be at their level talent wise.

So lets hope that this year, we party like its 1999 :peace::gony::gony::gony:

If we dont get someone to give "Jeremy Lin" 20 minutes of bench rest per game
Lin will not only hit a ceiling but will get an injury from punishment before the
end of the regular season.

nyk_nyk

All Star
Interesting to see how Antoni fits this all together. Novak should lose minutes when Melo gets back. Also, Fields will have to play some SF to make room for JR and Shump. I know Shump is just a rookie but he's the best on ball defender and you cannot overlook that. Of course this is all dependent on how effective Baron will be at pg.

Will Antoni be willing to play 10 guys? We are 2 deep at every position so you would think so but you know how our coach is.

Toons

is the Bo$$
douglas/jordan/walker/bibby will see basically no time off the bench. novak played his way into the rotation

lin/davis/shump shump
fields/swish/shump shump
melo/novak
amare/jefferies
chandler/jorts/jefferies

we have to play a 11 man rotation unless novak's mins get cut as well

CoolClyde

watta win!

JR Swish is a welcome addition to this squad, i'm glad he knocked some 3's down
before he missed a few. but he ended strong and is major part of this great win.

IMHO, David Lee >>> STAT

JerLin continues to be #1 PG in league, damn dude racked up 61.5 fantasy points
(damn you Musketeer!), anytime you get 14 assists along with 28 points, and play 40+ minutes,
i'll take 7 turnovers. it's still a great dime/TO ratio! the whole league is aware of el Lin now,
and he will continue to be double-teamed, and will continue to recognize the defense
and adjust his game, because the man has smarts!

huge props to Kojak and Chandler (hope his wrist is OK).

This team looks great! bring on the Miami cHeat!
:peace:

la2ny

Starter
If we dont get someone to give "Jeremy Lin" 20 minutes of bench rest per game
Lin will not only hit a ceiling but will get an injury from punishment before the
end of the regular season.

I'm guessing you didn't catch my hint at Baron right? If B-Diddy can spell him 16-20 mins a night, we have a chance.

la2ny

Starter
douglas/jordan/walker/bibby will see basically no time off the bench. novak played his way into the rotation

lin/davis/shump shump
fields/swish/shump shump
melo/novak
amare/jefferies
chandler/jorts/jefferies

we have to play a 11 man rotation unless novak's mins get cut as well

11 deep is pretty good, especially considering who the coach is...

rogeryy

Benchwarmer
This looks like a championship team to me now. And this is hell of a game! I think MDA should play Lin less in the future. Don't get me wrong, I'm crazy for this guy. Just don't want him to get injured.

smokes

Huge Member
shit ***** u not happy with 28 pts, 14 dims, 5 steals AND the Dub?

im sure you all would be happy with
lin getting 28 n 12 every night with 0 turnovers

Look, for everyone bashing amare, last game he put up 22 shots. we lost.
this game he put up 10 shots and made 4. Amare can turn it on when he needs to. I agree, not one of his best games, buy gee, give the man at least a week before you come with stupid ass trade ideas

Yep, I don't mind that Lin has committed 7 turnovers tonight... 8 in one half against the Hornets, that's too much.

But he gotta reduce it over time.

Are you slow?

mfgillia

Rookie
Yep, I don't mind that Lin has committed 7 turnovers tonight... 8 in one half against the Hornets, that's too much.

But he gotta reduce it over time.

Not really - he keeps playing at the current level with the team winning then statistically he'll go down as one of the best point guards irregardless of the turnovers. 28 points, +50% FG% and 14 assists??

With that said, it was his first night facing Dallas and that sort of trapping defense so in theory he could possibly keep improving. Still can't believe he's this good. Knicks look to be unbelievably lucky picking him up.

smokes

Huge Member
Not really - he keeps playing at the current level with the team winning then statistically he'll go down as one of the best point guards irregardless of the turnovers. 28 points, +50% FG% and 14 assists??

With that said, it was his first night facing Dallas and that sort of trapping defense so in theory he could possibly keep improving. Still can't believe he's this good. Knicks look to be unbelievably lucky picking him up.

You really think he's going to average 25/10 and 50% fg for his career? Lin is amazing and playing in under MDA he can easily keep up 20/10 but to think Lin is going to be an MVP calibre player year in year out is too much of a stretch for me, at the moment.

Toons

is the Bo$$
ya mother is slow. u complain about his to's say you would be happy if they drop (who wouldnt) then you say you dont mind....mmmm r u slow? i just love how these funny fairy fans always find something wrong to bitch and moan about....waaaa wwaaaa waaaa lin played too many minutes, waaa waaa waaa dantoni is an idiot for playing stat over jefferies....but a few weeks ago, when dantoni told fans to stop booing jeff (which they did) people here were still calling him an idiot....so which is it..?

Red

TYPE-A

Huh?

tumblr_lafarzu3oE1qa2iui.jpg

Kiyaman

Legend
Lin is practically a rookie when it comes to playingtime so all the turnovers
are a learning process to become a starter/finisher PG in the league.

Stat becomin a Knicks.....is the only reason why top players dont mind playin
in New York now....Melo/Tyson/JR.....now we have to get rid of the 7+ man
headcoach Dantoni to sign a decent MLE player in the offseason....I dont care
if Dantoni showed a little change since our creating PG "Jeremy Lin Sanity" arrived.

Toons

is the Bo$$
smokes...just roll up a joint, like im doing right now, catcha smoke break, and enjoy the damn win for gods sakes.

rogeryy

Benchwarmer

well said! :thumbsup:

Toons

is the Bo$$
i cant believe ppl r bashing the SINGLE FA that wanted us. He said the knicks are back, he called in melo, he made NYC a place to play again. Rough game stat, get em next tomorrow

mfgillia

Rookie
You really think he's going to average 25/10 and 50% fg for his career? Lin is amazing and playing in under MDA he can easily keep up 20/10 but to think Lin is going to be an MVP calibre player year in year out is too much of a stretch for me, at the moment.

Exactly - that's my point. To expect him to keep getting better - playing somewhere near his current level while lowering his turnovers - is not realistic. But we can always dream...

I knew we could get this game.

We play great when we play solid defense. I was never worried about our offense because we have plenty. The offense opens up with defense and intensity. Play D and let the game come to you.

Lin's min's will go down once coach gets used to winning. We all know how his job was saved. When our offense jel's a bit more we can develop cushionable leads...therefore Lin's Min's will decrease. Right now, their wins are coming thru momemtum. The team is still feeling itself out...and we have so much untapped potential left. It's looking real good right now...:gony:

Toons

is the Bo$$
maybe we will get a phantom player that will average 50 ppg at 20/20 shooting every night, zero turnovers and that never has a bag game, never has a slump...anything,....so that some idiot fans can just enjoy a good ass game.