Sudden increase in contracts

Trin_Starr

Starter
Call me crazy, but I think I have found out why Isiah Thomas hired Brewer, Bateer and Sundov to all one year contracts.
He is going to trade for Webber!
Reports out of Sacramento states that management just want a team to take Webber's $18mil contract.
An article in Hoopsworld mentioned Penny as a trade pawn, and it also states that when IT was in Indy, he tried desperately to sign Webber as a FA.

When we look at the contracts, it all adds up

Webber = $18mil
For
Penny = $15.5mil
Brewer = $.75mil
Sundov = $.75mil
Bateer = $.7mil
Total = $17.7mil

All of the knicks pawns have contracts that expire in 2006 and that is very appealing to the Kings. I think this is what Isiah is going to do.
Webber had 19pts, 9rebs last season after the surgery on his knees. His enormous contract is a huge blow for NY, but as Dolan told the NYPost a few days ago, he would rather have IT spend his money than his ex-wife!

youadmireme2

Benchwarmer
WoW good detective work, the trade would be awesome, which also means more playing time for crawford im almost certain...

Kurt/Nazr
Webber/Sweetney/Baker
Tim Thomas/
Houston/Crawford
Stephon/Crawford

God i gotta look @ the line up again
but I dont think the clutter up front is a good idea

Really not happy bout this one bein a vivid penny fan but have to say it is better for NY.Another possibility would be to cancel penny and insert houston.This would give a happy Crawford a constant start and Sac will have to bear with houston for one more year than penny but will get a huge relief after that and if Houstons healthy then they would get an immence scoring boost at the backcourt.

Sorry for the english!!

newmove

Rotation player
Penny, Brewer, Sundov, Bateer for C-Webb... Damn, I don't want Penny to leave...
And that means we get another PF, no C...l
OneCentPenny said:
Another possibility would be to cancel penny and insert houston.
They won't go for it because they're trying to get rid of a heavy contract w/o getting a new one.

pbjb14

Benchwarmer
i think thats crazy talk.. theres no way that sacremento would ever do that. Trading the nucleus of their team for an over the hill has been thats not going to be a starter nad a bunch of other scrubs

Trin_Starr

Starter
I thought so too until I read the following article:

Reports out of Sacramento are stating that the Kings want to deal Chris Webber. In fact, they would love to just dump his salary. Why would the Kings want to let go of their star big man? That's simple, he has alienated teammates and management. This summer, he spoke to the media, and basically called out Peja Stojackavic, which prompted Peja to demand a trade. In addition, Webber is getting paid close to 18 million dollars this year and that figure is only going up. He is getting paid like a franchise player, but has proven isn't one.

The question now is, what team is willing to trade for C-Webb and his massive contract? I believe the answer is New York. That's right, the good ol' New York Knicks. They are one of the few teams who don't care about the salary cap and are willing to take on an albatross contract. They have Isiah Thomas running things, and he is a big Webber fan. In fact, when Zeke was coaching in Indiana, he tried to sign him as a free agent.

pbjb14

Benchwarmer
regardless of what those articles say i still say that sacremento can do alot better ALOT better then that for Chris Webber