The Official Thank You MDA Thread

metrocard

Legend
Flawless coaching thus far.

dantoni.jpg
LETS ROCK

Thank you for making this thread. Anyone who thinks MDA hasn't been doing a good job is a blind MDA hater. You got to give credit when credit is due.

CoolRunnings

Benchwarmer
I have to agree. He still playing with a shaky shifting roster and getting it done. My biggest praise is to the plays we're doing out of timeouts. I see screens, picks and movement on the floor.

Oh no, please no D'ANtoni thread...this won't end well :teeth:

On a serious note: No need to get too high or too low on D'Antoni.
I always thought the amount of stick he got was pretty unfair, ridiculously unfair at times.

He didn't win coach of the year for nothing, record several 60+ win seasons, coach the national team alongside Pop and coach K and help guys like David Lee, Wilson Chandler, Steve Nash or Joe Johnson to stardom if he was a bad coach.

He might not be the best coach in basketball and his emphasis is clearly not on defense from a practice/philosophy standpoint, but with the right players (mainly a great point guard and good shooters) his system is very successful and he knows how to win that way.

I think this might be the first time where he really got his kind of players since taking over the Knicks in 08.

Mike Woodson obviously did a great job too, credit to him.

Felton and GAllo were good players last season and I have great respect for them (and we looked pretty dang good at times last year), but Lin, J.R. Smith and Novak are the perfect players for D'Antoni. Add Baron Davis to the mix and Jeffries and Chandler's great defense and hustle and this is a very dangerous team.

metrocard

Legend
Oh no, please no D'ANtoni thread...this won't end well :teeth:

On a serious note: No need to get too high or too low on D'Antoni.
I always thought the amount of stick he got was pretty unfair, ridiculously unfair at times.

He didn't win coach of the year for nothing, record several 60+ win seasons, coach the national team alongside Pop and coach K and help guys like David Lee, Wilson Chandler, Steve Nash or Joe Johnson to stardom if he was a bad coach.

He might not be the best coach in basketball and his emphasis is clearly not on defense from a practice/philosophy standpoint, but with the right players (mainly a great point guard and good shooters) his system is very successful and he knows how to win that way.

I think this might be the first time where he really got his kind of players since taking over the Knicks in 08.

Mike Woodson obviously did a great job too, credit to him.

Felton and GAllo were good players last season and I have great respect for them (and we looked pretty dang good at times last year), but Lin, J.R. Smith and Novak are the perfect players for D'Antoni. Add Baron Davis to the mix and Jeffries and Chandler's great defense and hustle and this is a very dangerous team.

I would like Diaw.

smokes

Huge Member
I just reaaaaallllyyyy hope he will play a 10-11 man rotation when Davis Jorts and Melo are in the team. It's kind of disconcerting the thought that either Fields, Shumpert or Novak could find themselves buried on the bench.

I do have to give him props for sitting Amare alot in that second half when he was clearly struggling to defend that high pick n roll with Dirk....

Red

TYPE-A
How can I? :shrug: We just reached .500, shouldn't the bar be set just a bit higher?

Besides, you said yourself that Lin was the difference- what happened before that?

setthebar.gif

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Where was this coaching before? I haven't had problems with him since Lin went on a tear, but Lin deserves most of the credit. Lin is also the second best PG in the league, and the best scorer of PGs.

smokes

Huge Member
Where was this coaching before? I haven't had problems with him since Lin went on a tear, but Lin deserves most of the credit. Lin is also the second best PG in the league, and the best scorer of PGs.

In the past 10 games he's been the best player in the league no question.

iSaYughh

Starter
THANK YOU DANTONI FOR PLAYING LIN

The+Lin+King_ecaac0_3321132.jpg

Lol, dude...

You and some others have been running around GT's (prior to us winning) screaming about how dumb D'antoni is because Lin is playing too much, and that Lin won't be able to finish games for us, and that you can see how tired he is.

Besides Lin and D'antoni having constant communications about how Lin is feeling during the game, and when he should be coming out,

we've straight up won (as a baseline) 3 games on our streak simply because D'antoni didn't take out Lin a moment less than he has.

D'antoni has clearly played Lin beautifully, as evinced by the play of Lin. It's really that simple, unless people have crystal balls idk about, and D'antoni has one, too, and he just doesn't follow it.

Is there some track record prior to MDA, showing what an excellent, consistent NBA player Lin could be, or that Lin has been? And that D'antoni has somehow handled him and his game worse than someone else could be expected to in such a reality?

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Lol, dude...

You and some others have been running around GT's (prior to us winning) screaming about how dumb D'antoni is because Lin is playing too much, and that Lin won't be able to finish games for us, and that you can see how tired he is.

Besides Lin and D'antoni having constant communications about how Lin is feeling during the game, and when he should be coming out,

we've straight up won (as a baseline) 3 games on our streak simply because D'antoni didn't take out Lin a moment less than he has.

D'antoni has clearly played Lin beautifully, as evinced by the play of Lin. It's really that simple, unless people have crystal balls idk about, and D'antoni has one, too, and he just doesn't follow it.

Is there some track record prior to MDA, showing what an excellent, consistent NBA player Lin could be, or that Lin has been? And that D'antoni has somehow handled him and his game worse than someone else could be expected to in such a reality?
Actually after reading this, I changed my mind about how much he plays him, in today's game anyway. Iverson played a load of minutes because he needed to, and we need Lin to play that many. D'Antoni made bad decisions with time and not expanding the rotation before though. Duhon and Felton were playing too much in a small rotation. They never played well most of the time after all those minutes caught up with them.

Lin is much better than both of them though, so I'm not worried about his play falling off.

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
Lol, dude...

lol i meant thank you for giving him a chance to play period, even though he only played him because he was out of options and was on the verge of being fired. But this wasn't about his Mins i still think Dumbtoni is a @sshole for over using Lin, this will only burn him out later on in the season, and can also lead to a injury if not careful. Dantoni does not monitor Lins mins, he asks Lin if he's tired and goes with what ever Lin tells him, of course Lin's going to say no and stay in the game to help the team, but he's logging in to many mins. IMO

iSaYughh

Starter
Actually after reading this, I changed my mind about how much he plays him, in today's game anyway. Iverson played a load of minutes because he needed to, and we need Lin to play that many. D'Antoni made bad decisions with time and not expanding the rotation before though. Duhon and Felton were playing too much in a small rotation. They never played well most of the time after all those minutes caught up with them.

Lin is much better than both of them though, so I'm not worried about his play falling off.

+1, i've thought of AI, too. AI got ridden a lot, it was a byproduct of his abilities, what the team needed, and AI's communications and trust with the coach.

Look, if Lin keeps getting ridden like this, even if he's obv hurting from the minutes, and Baron or anyone else isn't easing the load eventually....I'd agree, and pin it on D'antoni.

But let's not act like D'antoni has somehow already manhandled Lin, or that MDA won't react appropriately with Lin moving forward. If he does, he does; but he hasn't yet.

D'antoni and the team are starting to do a lot of things right; no need to be so pessimistic or attack guy on anyone right now. :gony: