Official Support Amar'e Stoudemire Thread

Scipio

Benchwarmer
Amare Stoudemire : The Beast is Back !!

Just finished watching last nights game against the sixers.

Amare was amazing in that game. Scoring, rebounds, blocked shots.

Isn`t it amazing what happens when you have a coach who gets the ball to Amare close to the basket and lets him do his work as opposed to having a coach who gets him shooting 20 foot jumpers and who tries to turn him into a stretch 4.

All those people who started threads saying Amare was done and should be traded are looking rather foolish now aren`t they.

The Beast is Back and he wears goggles !

Benchwarmer
Amare's high school graduation photo: :mrgreen:

timeline_1996.jpg

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Amare's high school graduation photo: :mrgreen:

timeline_1996.jpg

Who says you can't get a good job with just a high school diploma? Atari Stoudretire is headed to the retirement home with over 200 million dollars. I can't hate.

StreetDreams21

I got Soul
A Renaissance Man is a man who can do it all. A jack-of-all-trades type guy.

For the majority of the season none of us have seen it from Amar'e, but these past two-three games have been terrific. Honestly I have never ever seen him play with so much defensive intensity. He locked Brand down in the 2nd half of that game and went at Spencer Hawes on the offensive end and limited his playing time by drawing fouls on him.

Amar'e playing defense? Who would've thunk it?

finestrg

Rotation player
Very happy with his play of late. I think shedding that extra 10 lbs. he put on in the off-season was the key. Since he's dropped back down to 245 or so a couple of weeks ago, he's back to his old ways. That and the fact that team spirit is way up again which has had a real positive effect on everyone. No reason team unity and togetherness shouldn't always remain a constant from here on in.

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
Last season Amare was a beast 7 straight 30 points games, almost unstoppable to guard.

As of lately you can say Amare is beasting, but more of gentle beast rather than the aggressive beast we saw last season.

Im just happy he is finally coming together becoming more effective and playing gritty defense.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Amar'e Stoudemire is still ridiculously overpaid for his production this season.

That being said, he looked as dominant as he did last year, in the game against the 76ers. That was the first time this season I saw him just destroy the opposition. He's had a few good games this year, but that was a breakout game.

That being said, I need to see more of this, before I assume he isn't past his prime.

LA KNICKS GUY

Benchwarmer
Just finished watching last nights game against the sixers.

Amare was amazing in that game. Scoring, rebounds, blocked shots.

Isn`t it amazing what happens when you have a coach who gets the ball to Amare close to the basket and lets him do his work as opposed to having a coach who gets him shooting 20 foot jumpers and who tries to turn him into a stretch 4.

All those people who started threads saying Amare was done and should be traded are looking rather foolish now aren`t they.

The Beast is Back and he wears goggles !

I'll gladly eat my crow. He's turned things around.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
Amar'e Stoudemire is still ridiculously overpaid for his production this season.

That being said, he looked as dominant as he did last year, in the game against the 76ers. That was the first time this season I saw him just destroy the opposition. He's had a few good games this year, but that was a breakout game.

That being said, I need to see more of this, before I assume he isn't past his prime.

Who's fault is that? Allan Houston was ridiculously overpaid but that wasn't his fault. Personally, I though we should have kept David Lee and we could have made a run at Marcin Gortat. Those aren't as exciting names as Tyson Chandler or Amare Stoudemire, but it would have saved the Knicks about 16 million per season. Let's not even talk about the Gallinari trade and how much that would have saved the Knicks.

All that said, I still like Amare. I just think D'Antoni wasn't using him properly and the 20lbs he put on probably didn't help. His strength is in the paint, not jacking up jumpers.

fender0577

Rotation player
Who's fault is that? Allan Houston was ridiculously overpaid but that wasn't his fault. Personally, I though we should have kept David Lee and we could have made a run at Marcin Gortat. Those aren't as exciting names as Tyson Chandler or Amare Stoudemire, but it would have saved the Knicks about 16 million per season. Let's not even talk about the Gallinari trade and how much that would have saved the Knicks.

All that said, I still like Amare. I just think D'Antoni wasn't using him properly and the 20lbs he put on probably didn't help. His strength is in the paint, not jacking up jumpers.
I said this back in FEB, in this exact same thread.:peace: