A Plea to Carmelo from his biggest fan

nyk_nyk

All Star
melo clinging to his swt spots is what kills the flow of this offense. melo MUST sacrifice his game n play within the flow n concepts of mdas system. period. you sir sound like n f-ing moron.

If you watched the last game you would know this is EXACTLY what he did. Only 11 FGA! WTF are you talking about seriously????

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
If you watched the last game you would know this is EXACTLY what he did. Only 11 FGA! WTF are you talking about seriously????

But he's still taking the game in his hands at times and isoing/ pounding the rock, which is not what this offense needs.. What are you not getting about that?

I watch all the games nyk nyk, not live all the time. If I can't I always record and watch later.

nyk_nyk

All Star
okay youre obviously mad and you nd to calm down. you sound hormonal. neway i can quote you saying you usually agree w me from a few wks back. n youre a little late. you were exposed the other night when i put your lack of understanding of chemistry regarding the pick n roll on blast for the forum to see. now your quoting yet another knowledgeable post from me n trying to make it out to be something it clearly is not. nice. you come off lame.

d'antoni has been quoted saying melo doesnt understand spacing. i believe he doesnt understand the importance of it. when we were on our streak w lin guys stuck to the rules of the system and our offense looked awesome. yes. melo has to sacrifice some of his offense, stick to the spacing and play unselfishly. he is not comfy doing this yet n sometimes he still reverts back to isoing up and doing his own thing, which is not what this offense needs at all, especially now tht we have lin. melo needs to DEFER to lin. i'll say it again. MELO NDS TO DEFER TO LIN. he is the higher iq player and the key to this offense. take it from somebody who knows the game cause this is what you'll be hearing on tv from others who know it in the coming days. then you'll think back to when you were sonned in this post. son. please do not waste my time w any more of your nonsensical posting.

You just continue to make a fool of yourself. How in the hell is Melo not comfy Playing unselfish when he's having a career year in assists? If Melo decides to ISO on an occassional play, why the hell would you comlain about that?? This is what he does best and in case you didn't know, ALL the top players in the league get a large share of ISO opportunities... WHY? Because they aren't your average players.

KOBE
DURANT
ROSE
PIERCE
ZACH
HOWARD
GASOL
GINOBLI
LEBRON
WADE...etc

All these players WILL take advantage of their defenders by initiating an ISO. This has been going on for decades and it works because gifted players take advantage of their superior skill. Meanwhile, you can't see the value in it AT ALL. SMH

Then you have the balls to say that's not what the offense needs! Lin has been pretty much doing that at the end of games for us these past 2 weeks in case you didn't know. DID YOU REALIZE THAT???

IT IS IMPORTANT TO HAVE A CLUTCH PLAYER TO CLOSE OUT QUARTERS AND GAMES FOR YOU WHEN NEEDED. THIS OFFENSE IS NOT A WELL-OILED MACHINE, SO THERE WILL BE TIMES WHEN MELO (one of the best closers period) WILL NEED TO DO WHT HE DOES.

Yeah but in your fantasy world, everyone should get the oppportunity put the team on their back. That's not how this game works. It's funny too because you were probably with everyone else in the world that felt Lebron needed to step his game up in the 4th qtrs. See what I just did?

Don't ever come at me like I don't know this sport I LOVE.

Over.

nyk_nyk

All Star
melo clinging to his swt spots is what kills the flow of this offense. melo MUST sacrifice his game n play within the flow n concepts of mdas system. period. you sir sound like n f-ing moron.

Seriously..

Tell me why you trust Lin smh?? He sucks dude.

Neway.. this offense is back.

We can run our stuff now with proper flow and movement. Saw all I needed to see against the Bulls. We got what ever we wanted against their very good defense. We just didn't play enough defense of our own. That will be the next step towards starting to get W's against good teams.

Melo was running the pick and roll with Chandler numerous times in that game w positive effect. Really he'd be stupid not to call for a pick from Chandler on almost every possession. The D can't stop it and he so elusive on his own that the pick just makes things uber easy for him. That play should be our bread and butter.

Even though we lost, there were many positive things to take away from the game last night.

I'm just gonna Ja Rule you man. lol

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
You just continue to make a fool of yourself. How in the hell is Melo not comfy Playing unselfish when he's having a career year in assists? If Melo decides to ISO on an occassional play, why the hell would you comlain about that?? This is what he does best and in case you didn't know, ALL the top players in the league get a large share of ISO opportunities... WHY? Because they aren't your average players.

KOBE
DURANT
ROSE
PIERCE
ZACH
HOWARD
GASOL
GINOBLI
LEBRON
WADE...etc

All these players WILL take advantage of their defenders by initiating an ISO. This has been going on for decades and it works because gifted players take advantage of their superior skill. Meanwhile, you can't see the value in it AT ALL. SMH

Then you have the balls to say that's not what the offense needs! Lin has been pretty much doing that at the end of games for us these past 2 weeks in case you didn't know. DID YOU REALIZE THAT???

IT IS IMPORTANT TO HAVE A CLUTCH PLAYER TO CLOSE OUT QUARTERS AND GAMES FOR YOU WHEN NEEDED. THIS OFFENSE IS NOT A WELL-OILED MACHINE, SO THERE WILL BE TIMES WHEN MELO (one of the best closers period) WILL NEED TO DO WHT HE DOES.

Yeah but in your fantasy world, everyone should get the oppportunity put the team on their back. That's not how this game works. It's funny too because you were probably with everyone else in the world that felt Lebron needed to step his game up in the 4th qtrs. See what I just did?

Don't ever come at me like I don't know this sport I LOVE.

Over.

I will come at you like that ..because you don't know what you're talking about.

No one is saying Melo can't do his thing in this offense. He just needs to do it in a way that he's not used to. This may sound extreme but he needs to play like Fields, or like King Starbury said like Marion used to in this system. Landry is decisive as hell. When he gets the ball he quickly makes a decision to either shoot, drive and score, drive and kick, or he swiftly moves the ball to the open man. This is what Melo needs to do. Melo does not commit all the time to making all of those decisions based on what the defense has presented. For example say he drives and he pries free a rotating defender, he may shoot anyway instead of kicking to the open man or making the pass that leads to an open shot. Fields makes that pass 9 times out of 10. He's committed to the system. Melo might make the positive play 4or 5 times out of 10.This hurts our offense. It hurts the flow. This is what you don't understand. This is the sacrifice Melo needs to make. He just needs to commit to making the right play no matter what it is. Sometimes he just wants to get up an attempt no matter what the D has presented and that kills the offense. So simple.

In doing so you let the offense work for you, instead of you working hard to get your shot. That's the beauty and genius of MDAs system. When everyone is decisive and unselfish open shots present themselves abundantly. Melo many times is not decisive and unselfish.

Yes his assists are up. But this is because he was asked to play the point forward for half of this shortened season. He's made some nice plays,some unselfish plays, BUT ALOT of times he takes the offense in his own hands and just wants to get up a shot. It kills me (and the team flow) every time he does it because he needs to move on from this type of basketball and he just won't embrace this fact.

This is the next step for Melo. If he wants to win a championship he's going to have to embrace MDA's offensive philosophy, fully. Right now he can't turn it on and off (like some other great players which I will explain below). When he tries to play within the system he's not able to make the right decision all the time quickly. Sometimes he shoots when he's not open, when he should have passed. Sometimes he drives and the paint shuts down and he shoots anyway instead of kicking to an open player. Sometimes he doesn't shoot when he's open. He's just confused out there many times. He did make a nice pass to Amare in the post against NJ when he was doubled and Amare cut to the rim. He needs to do this more often . He needs to trust the offense and his teammates.

A good example of this type of sacrifice that is needed is Paul Pierce. He was a top scorer in the league for multiple seasons. Once he got Garnett and Ray Allen he began to make the shift. He's sacrificed his ppg average, his right to get a shot whenever he wanted (like Melo he could do this) to play within a potent half-court offensive system with two other stars who did the same. He made the commitment to such a level that he can turn it off and on. THAT IS... MOST TIMES PLAY WITHIN THE SYSTEM and AT TIMES, WHEN NEEDED, LOOK FOR HIS OWN SHOT (like in the forth quarter). Pierce hadly ever falls in love with isos and pounding the ball because he understands that this takes away from the overall potency of the teams offense. And why should he?? He's won a championship playing the right way and he has two other stars to help him carry the load. It's just not smart. Kobe to has taken that step too, years ago. This what you don't understand. You're not able to see subtleties and you conflate certain things, a sign of only a modicum of acumen re bball fundamentals, historical context and being able to square the two.

Glad to have contributed to your understanding sir. :peace:

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
More of your bias.

He did this in the forth quarter when his team needed a bucket. The previous three quarters he'd worked the system ad nauseum. Nash does the same. All star players who get it play within the confines of the offense the majority of the time and when their teams needs it in the forth can take over. You flail ineffectively once again.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
I'm just gonna Ja Rule you man. lol

Yea that was before anyone really knew what Lin could do on the court.

And you show once again that you don't really understand a simple basketball point. All I'm advocated for is for Melo to run pick and roll, something Lin has exploited to great effect over the last 2 weeks.

Melo did run the pick and roll numeous times in that game and it worked wonderfully. I started a thread about how effective it could be so your gotcha game really falls flat. He was operating within the system, but alot of times he doesn't and that is the problem.

As I've said, if he lets the system work for him he could get shots even easier and expend less energy than simply dominating/ overpowering his defender on his own.

It'd be great if Melo committed to the system for three quarters, saved his energy, and used that energy to play better D for the whole game and in the forth quarter could get us shots in possessions down the stretch if we need them.

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
I will come at you like that ..because you don't know what you're talking about.

No one is saying Melo can't do his thing in this offense. He just needs to do it in a way that he's not used to. This may sound extreme but he needs to play like Fields, or like King Starbury said like Marion used to in this system. Landry is decisive as hell. When he gets the ball he quickly makes a decision to either shoot, drive and score, drive and kick, or he swiftly moves the ball to the open man. This is what Melo needs to do. Melo does not commit all the time to making all of those decisions based on what the defense has presented. For example say he drives and he pries free a rotating defender, he may shoot anyway instead of kicking to the open man or making the pass that leads to an open shot. Fields makes that pass 9 times out of 10. He's committed to the system. Melo might make the positive play 4or 5 times out of 10.This hurts our offense. It hurts the flow. This is what you don't understand. This is the sacrifice Melo needs to make. He just needs to commit to making the right play no matter what it is. Sometimes he just wants to get up an attempt no matter what the D has presented and that kills the offense. So simple.

In doing so you let the offense work for you, instead of you working hard to get your shot. That's the beauty and genius of MDAs system. When everyone is decisive and unselfish open shots present themselves abundantly. Melo many times is not decisive and unselfish.

Yes his assists are up. But this is because he was asked to play the point forward for half of this shortened season. He's made some nice plays,some unselfish plays, BUT ALOT of times he takes the offense in his own hands and just wants to get up a shot. It kills me (and the team flow) every time he does it because he needs to move on from this type of basketball and he just won't embrace this fact.

This is the next step for Melo. If he wants to win a championship he's going to have to embrace MDA's offensive philosophy, fully. Right now he can't turn it on and off (like some other great players which I will explain below). When he tries to play within the system he's not able to make the right decision all the time quickly. Sometimes he shoots when he's not open, when he should have passed. Sometimes he drives and the paint shuts down and he shoots anyway instead of kicking to an open player. Sometimes he doesn't shoot when he's open. He's just confused out there many times. He did make a nice pass to Amare in the post against NJ when he was doubled and Amare cut to the rim. He needs to do this more often . He needs to trust the offense and his teammates.

A good example of this type of sacrifice that is needed is Paul Pierce. He was a top scorer in the league for multiple seasons. Once he got Garnett and Ray Allen he began to make the shift. He's sacrificed his ppg average, his right to get a shot whenever he wanted (like Melo he could do this) to play within a potent half-court offensive system with two other stars who did the same. He made the commitment to such a level that he can turn it off and on. THAT IS... MOST TIMES PLAY WITHIN THE SYSTEM and AT TIMES, WHEN NEEDED, LOOK FOR HIS OWN SHOT (like in the forth quarter). Pierce hadly ever falls in love with isos and pounding the ball because he understands that this takes away from the overall potency of the teams offense. And why should he?? He's won a championship playing the right way and he has two other stars to help him carry the load. It's just not smart. Kobe to has taken that step too, years ago. This what you don't understand. You're not able to see subtleties and you conflate certain things, a sign of only a modicum of acumen re bball fundamentals, historical context and being able to square the two.

Glad to have contributed to your understanding sir. :peace:
fast-typing.jpg

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
i can get very technical i know. but explaining is required at times when arguing against someone who has no clue what the hell hes talking about.

we'll see if it takes this time lol.

nyk_nyk

All Star
i can get very technical i know. but explaining is required at times when arguing against someone who has no clue what the hell hes talking about.

we'll see if it takes this time lol.

As far as i'm concerned, I've exposed you already. Proved your contradictory statements while supporting my own. That sir is what we call check mate!

George_Takei_LOLs.gif

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
I don't why #TeamMelo argues with people on here.
Their hate is unjustified and most of the time nonsensical.

nyk_nyk

All Star
this is accurate.

no youre extremely biased. you defend melo n hate on mda w blantant nonobjectivity. this has contributed to your suckiness as a poster of late n is the reason ive been picking at u.
:poke:

"Melo doesn't have to fit in, Jeremy doesn't have to fit in... All they need to do is attack" - Antoni

Well, there goes that. The End

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
"Melo doesn't have to fit in, Jeremy doesn't have to fit in... All they need to do is attack" - Antoni

Well, there goes that. The End

youre quoting d'ant. the world has officially turned upside down.

can't even read thru coach-speak. just sit down n be quite little one. :smokin:

he trying to deflect some of media pressure away from the players.

the whole damn team needs to fit in.they need to gel. he knows it. i know it.

youre obviously logically challenged and don't know your ass from your elbow.

Red

TYPE-A

Damn.

65 games in and you talking about fitting in.SMH

After this

Anthony tied a playoff career high with 42 points and also had 17 rebounds and 6 assists

Calm down! :smokin::smokin::smokin:

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
Damn.

65 games in and you talking about fitting in.SMH

After this

Calm down! :smokin::smokin::smokin:

Red,

I don't need to explain to you how much roster upheaval there's been with this team.

We still have combos of guys on this team that haven't played together much and you know this. Stop.

And you telling me to calm down is funny.

CA7

Scoring Champ
Melo ran the floor like I wanted today and defended once he finds his rhythm.........oh lawd

nyk_nyk

All Star

Wow so I get an actual quote and you discredit it. Lol. This is probably the single most valuable piece of info in a debate. I understand your type though... can't lose and look dumb doing it lol. :beer: