Basketball documentaries

smokes

Huge Member
Can anyone recommend some awesome basketball documentaries? Knicks ones would be cool but I enjoy any really.

I've seen the Reggie Miller vs Knicks one, the Fab Five one, and Gunnin' for that #1 Spot. Think that's about it.

Cheers!

:beer:

NYCLakerfan

Rotation player
Prayer for a perfect season is a pretty good HBO documentary follow the top HS in the nation last year right across the river in Jersey.

O yeah theres also the Magic and Bird HBO documentary which is my favorite Basketball doc.

LeFlume

All Star
The Year of The Yao

Magic & Bird: A courtship of rivals

Through the Fire: Sebastian Telfair

No Crossover: The Trial of Allen Iverson

smokes

Huge Member
Ah yeah I've seen Hoop Dreams of course! How could I forget!

Damn it's hard to find download links for some of these :/

CoolRunnings

Benchwarmer
Ah yeah I've seen Hoop Dreams of course! How could I forget!

Damn it's hard to find download links for some of these :/

I know hoop dreams is on netflix, but I'm not sure about the others. (cancelled my account after they tried pulling that robbery, charging more money)

BillyHoyle

Benchwarmer
The only basketball documentary that i've seen come close to hoop dreams is the Vlade Divac 30 for 30. Worth watching if you haven't seen it already.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hOst_NExGI

Petrovic's story starting out was kind of similar to Lin (overlooked for various reasons), and each with a huge following from a unique fan base.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Def Year of the Yao. That was very insightful.

If that dude wasn't selectively bread, then Jeremy Lin isn't a massive virgin.

I just saw Magic/Bird last night for the first time ever.....wow....best documentary I've ever seen. Sad all Magic wanted was to be Larry's friend. If Larry shaked Magic's hand in 1979 that whole rivalry may have never happened. Amazing documentary.

clumsy

Rotation player
The Lebron documentary isn't bad. Shows you why he had no loyalty to Cleveland...dude only had 4 friends in his life.