Who is our leader?

Red

TYPE-A
According to KigStarbury3...

Lins the leader of the team...We won 8 games before Linsanity began, 8 games after. Hes the one that dishes the most, game winner vs Toronto, winning ft + 38pts vs LA

Lins the GOAT :smokin:

I respectfully disagree. Our Broadway Bigs have a leadership committee.

They are the vets with the heart, playoff and championship experience, and proven resumes; all the younger guys like Lin look up to them for one reason or another. Everyone has to learn to play with them, their roles are solidified.

Lin IS THE CATALYST. HE MAKES THE MACHINE RUN.He still has much to learn and hasn't had to deal with the likes of Rose and Rondo or other better defensive guards and teams (although DAL is supposedly the best). And of course he has yet to do anything in the playoffs.

But we are witnessing the transformation from a bunch of individuals to a TEAM- where there are components and mutual respect. Novak, B Diddy, and Smith's roles are being defined right before our eyes. Give it more time, and don't be too critical. We still have to work-in Jorts and Jordan.

With health and luck it will all be clicking by the time the playoffs roll around. Then its on. :cool:

Who do you think our leader is?

**no disrespect to KingStarbury3 for quoting him.

smokes

Huge Member
Lin is the on floor leader offensively. He's the extension of the coach, the floor general. He tells people where to go and calls the plays (yes we have been making plays recently).

Chandler leads the team on the floor on D. He sets people up and commands the middle.

STAT and Melo are leaders in their own right but obviously while they are out of sync they are not going to be doing the leading.

It's going to change night to night. Which makes us stronger. If the leader of a team slips the team usually loses (see Cavs Lebron, Lakers Kobe, Orlando Howard, Nets Williams etc). With our team, one of our leaders can be down and another can step up and lift the team.

We are strong.

iSaYughh

Starter
^ agree with the above.

Having to pick one? Chandler. Don't think there's any doubt about it, either.

Most consistent; what he does, he does day in, day out.

NBA ring.

Defender and enforcer.

And his skill set isn't one that clashes with anyone elses (which is usually the case with a player like him, vs a scorer on a high-powered offense).

There's quite a few on the team who I'd say are respected leaders; but to pick *a* leader? Chandler.

Forrest17

Rotation player
Yeah they are the vets, yet they continue to play horribly and Lin is constantly bailing them out. If it wasn't for Lin this season would most likely already be over and we would be out of the play off race. That is how bad we were. We couldn't win a game. 11/13 lost against awful teams. We made the Bobcats look like allstars

Amar'e was a good leader last year, but he has been poor lately. But he played well tonight. Carmelo was the the leader since the trade and we were horrible the entire time. Whenever Carmelo was the leader of the team in the playoffs they were a first round exit each time. It was only when Chauncy Billups came in to lead the team did they go to the conference finals

Lin is our leader, he makes everyone around him better, he gets the offense to move. He is selfless, clutch, fearless, doesn't take stupid shots.

If we want to be a winning team he is who our leader should be. When he is leading the game we are clearly a better team then when the other two take over the game and it isn't even arguable that this point. Sure there is potential for that to change and for both carmelo and amar'e to play like their former selves but I believe it when I see it.

portega1968

El Cacique
Chandler the General with Jeffries as his Lieutenant, hands down.

Lin leads the offense, but Tyson sets the tone on how this team plays defense and plays together, pushing egos aside and putting the team first.

You can see Jeffries has the respect of everyone, from the coaches to the young guns. Now, if only he could command the same respect from fans LOL

We are so lucky to have tyson on our team... Thank you Glen Grunwald

Red

TYPE-A
Yeah they are the vets, yet they continue to play horribly and Lin is constantly bailing them out. If it wasn't for Lin this season would most likely already be over and we would be out of the play off race. That is how bad we were. We couldn't win a game. 11/13 lost against awful teams. We made the Bobcats look like allstars

Amar'e was a good leader last year, but he has been poor lately. But he played well tonight. Carmelo was the the leader since the trade and we were horrible the entire time. Whenever Carmelo was the leader of the team in the playoffs they were a first round exit each time. It was only when Chauncy Billups came in to lead the team did they go to the conference finals

Lin is our leader, he makes everyone around him better, he gets the offense to move. He is selfless, clutch, fearless, doesn't take stupid shots.

If we want to be a winning team he is who our leader should be. When he is leading the game we are clearly a better team then when the other two take over the game and it isn't even arguable that this point. Sure there is potential for that to change and for both carmelo and amar'e to play like their former selves but I believe it when I see it.

But Lin looks up to guys like Chandler and Jeffries; they're always in his ear.

I think some are forgetting about the playoff mentality and how things change come playoff time. When the team is in a bind, bucket needed, I think thats when it's apparent who they will defer to...

not out of fear but out of respect and recognition, Melo gets that ball from anyone dribbling it no question and he will be expected to score and lead. STAT & TC are also co-leaders but even they will know where to go with the rock.

CoolRunnings

Benchwarmer
Toney Douglas said he's campaigning to take on the position. He was quoted as saying "With all the free time I have now, and going from starting pg to 15 man I understand the structure and team."

KingCharles34

All Star
According to KigStarbury3...

I respectfully disagree. Our Broadway Bigs have a leadership committee.

They are the vets with the heart, playoff and championship experience, and proven resumes; all the younger guys like Lin look up to them for one reason or another. Everyone has to learn to play with them, their roles are solidified.

Lin IS THE CATALYST. HE MAKES THE MACHINE RUN.He still has much to learn and hasn't had to deal with the likes of Rose and Rondo or other better defensive guards and teams (although DAL is supposedly the best). And of course he has yet to do anything in the playoffs.

But we are witnessing the transformation from a bunch of individuals to a TEAM- where there are components and mutual respect. Novak, B Diddy, and Smith's roles are being defined right before our eyes. Give it more time, and don't be too critical. We still have to work-in Jorts and Jordan.

With health and luck it will all be clicking by the time the playoffs roll around. Then its on. :cool:

Who do you think our leader is?

**no disrespect to KingStarbury3 for quoting him.
The only thing i slightly disagree with is the bolded. The Lakers are one of the best defensive teams in the league, not that Fisher is Rondo or Rose but he a very strong physical defender that imposed his physical strength upon Lin early in that game. But what impressed me more was how Lin was scoring in the paint against the two giants Bynum and Gasol. It will definitely be much easier for Lin to score in the paint against Boston and probably a little easier against Chicago too. It will be tough to get by Rose but when Lin his biggest concern is Noah. Boozer is a garbage defender, Gasol might be slowing down but hes still easily better then Boozer. Bynum > Noah

But thats only a small point to what you said, which you still have a point with. Even if Lin dropped 38 on LA, thats only one defensive powerhouse. Ill give him dallas too because of the Matrix. But hes still got some learning to do, I do see improvement every game.

This is a good thread, you cant go wrong. Chandler, Melo, and Lin all sound like good picks to me. I wanna see STAT dominate a couple good pf's before i can put him there, but I do realize he still has his all star reputation and gets his respect so from that angle i guess i can see it. Opposing teams and analysts still respect Stat, its hard for me to call him a leader until i see him consistently look like the Stat from the 1st half of last year.

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
HERES YOUR REAL LEADER

tumblr_lzgwzfjKKb1qlr1kgo1_500.jpg

Last edited:

CA7

Scoring Champ
I said it depends

Lin- is our Point Guard so he is our leader on the floor
Chandler- is like Ray Lewis the locker room leader and enforcer
STAT and Melo are the captains and when healthy and rolling are the guys we should depend on to bring it every night, if we get 1st half STAT from last season and the Melo we all know and love(Game 2 of the Playoffs Melo)

NO ONE CAN TOUCH US

Best In The World

Red

TYPE-A
The only thing i slightly disagree with is the bolded. The Lakers are one of the best defensive teams in the league, not that Fisher is Rondo or Rose but he a very strong physical defender that imposed his physical strength upon Lin early in that game. But what impressed me more was how Lin was scoring in the paint against the two giants Bynum and Gasol. It will definitely be much easier for Lin to score in the paint against Boston and probably a little easier against Chicago too. It will be tough to get by Rose but when Lin his biggest concern is Noah. Boozer is a garbage defender, Gasol might be slowing down but hes still easily better then Boozer. Bynum > Noah

But thats only a small point to what you said, which you still have a point with. Even if Lin dropped 38 on LA, thats only one defensive powerhouse. Ill give him dallas too because of the Matrix. But hes still got some learning to do, I do see improvement every game.

This is a good thread, you cant go wrong. Chandler, Melo, and Lin all sound like good picks to me. I wanna see STAT dominate a couple good pf's before i can put him there, but I do realize he still has his all star reputation and gets his respect so from that angle i guess i can see it. Opposing teams and analysts still respect Stat, its hard for me to call him a leader until i see him consistently look like the Stat from the 1st half of last year.

But that's the thing with Lin. He achieved against stiff competition while there were still question marks and he possibly could have struggled justifiably. Like Fields, when you're that successful in the reg. season the expectations go up. They performed well with no expectations.

Now lets see it in the playoffs when everyone is use to it. Thats when we'll see what Lin is made of... then and only then no matter what happens in the regular season.

That's the Yankee mentality. :smokin:

knicksince 93

Rotation player
our leaders are still stat and melo, point blank. u dont have to be the leading scorer every night or play the best every game to be the leader. dont confuse leadership with point scoring

Wargames

Starter
I don't know if their is a clear leader but want to say Tyson is the leader of the first unit and Jefferies is the leader of the second unit. Stat and Melo also havea lot of influence.

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
Tyson Chandler.
I dare you to act up in the lockerroom.
He'll take you down...dare I say...to China town :smokin:

Red

TYPE-A
This (heat game) is the closet we can get to a playoff game, DAL wasn't.

I think everyone can see my point and what I was talking about.

Eman

Benchwarmer
I think Chandler is our leader in the regular season but Anthony or Lin in the playoffs.

NicksKnicks

Rotation player
I honestly think that's our area of weakness. I would like to see one player step up and be the leader. STAT did it before the Melo trade and maybe should step up again.

However,we have three all-star players (Chandler should be!) who have a massive influence on how we play. Chandler in particular was a cornerstone in the Mavs championship win so I would like to see him play a more active role leadership-wise.

CoolClyde

The Man Handler Leads the Team

Chandler is BY FAR, the leader of this team.

"A leader is a person who guides others toward a common goal, showing the way by example, and creating an environment in which other team members feel actively involved in the entire process. A leader is not the boss of the team but, instead, the person that is committed to carrying out the mission of the Venture."

Melo and STAT have not led by example, they are not consistent like the Man Handler. they do not have rings. Chandler refuses to lose. he dominates. his actions speak louder than words. He is the epitome of a NEW YORK KNICKERBOCKER, first on defense, taking hacks and tumbles and coming back strong, encouraging everyone to play better. that is a leader.