Knicks an upgraded version of 2004 Pistons?

MeloforMayor

BALL DON'T LIE
This Knicks team is playing so unselfishly that in every game we have balanced scoring and have multiple guys scoring in double figures. Virtually every basket comes off from an assist and everyone is giving that extra pass and passing to open teammates.

The resemblance to that 2004 Piston team is uncanny. Also on defense, we are quickly rising up through the ranks and holding our opponents to less than 100 points on almost every game. Tyson Chandler is our Ben Wallace, the defensive anchor. And from what I can recall, Mike Woodson was an assistant coach for the Pistons that year.

The scary part is we have much more talented players than them and certified All-stars(even though they're not playing like All-Stars) in Melo and Amar'e. Plus, we have a much deeper bench than them with BDiddy, Jeffries, Smitty, Harrellson, Novak coming off the bench. :smokin:

What do you guys think??

CA7

Scoring Champ
I see more of Dallas from last year in us then Detroit, they weren't as deep as Dallas

Dallas
Chandler
Nowitski
Marion
Butler
Kidd
Terry
Barea
Stevenson
Stojakovic
Haywood
Cardinal
Beaubois
Mahinmi

New York
Chandler
Stoudemire
Anthony
Fields
Lin
Smith
Shumpert
Novak
Jefrries
Davis
Harrellson

Last edited:

MeloforMayor

BALL DON'T LIE
I see more of Dallas from last year in us then Detroit, they weren't as deep as Dallas

Dallas
Chandler
Nowitski
Marion
Butler
Kidd
Barea
Stevenson
Stojakovic
Haywood
Cardinal
Beaubois
Mahinmi

New York
Chandler
Stoudemire
Anthony
Fields
Lin
Smith
Shumpert
Novak
Jefrries
Davis
Harrellson

I see your point but that team relied HEAVILY on Nowitzki. Our guys are killing other teams with almost 5 guys getting double figures every night. No one really outshines the other. The true definition of offensive balance.

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★

Dallas
Chandler
Nowitski
Marion
Butler
Kidd
Barea
Stevenson
Stojakovic
Haywood
Cardinal
Beaubois
Mahinmi

New York
Chandler
Stoudemire
Anthony
Fields
Lin
Smith
Shumpert
Novak
Jefrries
Davis
Harrellson
This but to an extent

Last edited:

CA7

Scoring Champ
I see your point but that team relied HEAVILY on Nowitzki. Our guys are killing other teams with almost 5 guys getting double figures every night. No one really outshines the other. The true definition of offensive balance.

yeah I think it'll gradually become that way, Melo and STAT dominating the scoring like Dirk and Jet

Against teams like Miami, Chicago and OKC we'll need Melo and STAT to do more work but when we play lesser teams we should definitely not just rely on them 2 as thats how we get loses we cant afford

Wargames

Starter
the knicks have championship level depth and save for JR (who could come back and then get his big contract next year) most of these guys are locked up. something like this means the knicks have a championship contention window of a few years.

CoolRunnings

Benchwarmer

Dallas
Chandler
Nowitski
Marion
Butler
Kidd
Barea
Stevenson
Stojakovic
Haywood
Cardinal
Beaubois
Mahinmi

New York
Chandler
Stoudemire
Anthony
Fields
Lin
Smith
Shumpert
Novak
Jefrries
Davis
Harrellson

Yeah the Pistons comparison doesn't work for me. I don't see it. But the Dallas one seems to make more sense.

c0leworld

Benchwarmer

Dallas
Chandler
Nowitski
Marion
Butler
Kidd
Barea
Stevenson
Stojakovic
Haywood
Cardinal
Beaubois
Mahinmi

New York
Chandler
Stoudemire
Anthony
Fields
Lin
Smith
Shumpert
Novak
Jefrries
Davis
Harrellson

lol @ missing probably the key guy in Jason Terry. i knew that lineup seemed a bit weak.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
THE PISTONS were similar in some regards, but NO!

They were a true defensive unit. In their title season finals series VS LA, I've never seen a team since that got back on D like they did.

As it stands now, the biggest disparity is Sheed and Amar'e. No way you can compare their games except offensively. Prince and Melo, too, are a world apart in terms of what they bring at either end.

I see us as far more comparable, sadly, to the Celtics title team. :barf:

NYKnicks11

Benchwarmer
No. That Pistons team was one of the most dominant defensive teams of the 2000's. We are not close to that level of defense, especially with Amare and Melo on the court.