I like this team!

jzero29

Rotation player
I see a lot of potential here. everyone is playing hard. scoring across the team. Ball moving. Building confidence in each other.

the barron davis second unit is developing.They still need alot of work. Davis's 1pt 6 assists 5 turnovers tonight vs Atl, besides the assists it looks pretty bad...but he is basically practicing, shaking off the rust hasn't played in a year! If he comes around and plays decent, this team will be dangerous.

Novak is impressive shooting the ball.
smith looks like he could become a huge addition. His hussle, spark energy.scoring. passing, toughness. He's been great...not worried anymore.
fields is playing like the first half of last year.
jefferies is even not so horrible. Still a weak scorer, but is rebounding, draws a charge or two every game. he's tipping the passes, making guys adjust their shot and miss. he's actually filling his intended role.

stoudemire and carmelo still need to play up to there potential. but that will come, they will be the rocks, when we have to score.
MElo is still passing, not killing the ball movement. Not holding the ball as long, A PG takes that burden off his shoulders.
Lin Awesome, Nothing you haven't heard, he is playing well, scoring a little down, assist good.
Chandler has been Huge, his defensive attitude I think has spread. He makes a Huge different when he's on the floor rebounding and protecting the paint.
I look forward to Shumps and Jorts returns.

Walker and Douglas are not bad guys to have incase of injuries.
Bibby...eh I think he's good to for vet presence but...my least favorite

The only thing that could kill this is D'Antoni
How will he use the rotation? his typical over use wearing guys out or the other direction spreading minutes to thin throwing off rythem. Finding the right balance. Also actuall coaching!

He pissed me off today, in interview, they asked Lebron may try and cover Lin tomorrow any advice for Lin? He said no, he'll figure it out. WTF? You should be given guys advice your the COACH. COACH you dumb mother f'er.

MeloforMayor

BALL DON'T LIE
I know we've been rolling for the past 10 games or so..... but Amar'e and Lin doesn't have a pick n roll play yet. There hasn't been even one pick n roll play completed by these two. I always see STAT rolling to the basket, but they never see him whenever he is open. I'm sure him and Lin will figure it out sometime in the season

Once they have that play in the offensive arsenal, game over man. :pimp: This team is gonna be dangerous.

Knicks32

Benchwarmer
Smith is great. Reminds me of an older/(slightly) wiser Shumpert a bit.

"On February 1st, 2012, Smith ended up scoring 60 points off of the bench during a 122-110 victory over the Qingdao DoubleStar.[14] Two days later, Smith would end up scoring 41 points off of the bench in a narrow 119-115 victory over the Shandong Lions.[15]"

I know we've been rolling for the past 10 games or so..... but Amar'e and Lin doesn't have a pick n roll play yet. There hasn't been even one pick n roll play completed by these two. I always see STAT rolling to the basket, but they never see him whenever he is open. I'm sure him and Lin will figure it out sometime in the season

Once they have that play in the offensive arsenal, game over man. :pimp: This team is gonna be dangerous.
:agreed: The potential that this team has is exciting!

fender0577

Rotation player
I know we've been rolling for the past 10 games or so..... but Amar'e and Lin doesn't have a pick n roll play yet.There hasn't been even one pick n roll play completed by these two. I always see STAT rolling to the basket, but they never see him whenever he is open. I'm sure him and Lin will figure it out sometime in the season

Because STAT doesn't set picks, he pops out, and rolls, this is on STAT and the coaches for not fixing this issue.Lin runs the PnR, just fine with every one except STAT.

unloopme

Benchwarmer
Right now it's hard NOT to like this team.
When Jorts comes back after ASW we'll have a very complete and nicely rounded, FULL 2nd team...it's crazy!

It's just amazing how the 'worm has turned' for this team.
From frighteningly thin with no PG, to downright dangerous from all aspects!
DAMN it feels good!!! :hump:

Kiyaman

Legend
We have the Players....its time to FIRE Dantoni

I like this Knicks roster....I just dont like having a clueless headcoach who
isnt worth 10% of his paycheck. I would rather have interim Woodson/Herb
finish this season.

Do the Knicks practice? it sure dont look like it with the substitution, poor
defensive-rebounding, and Lin/Davis have to create off their dribble every
time on the offensive-end. Melo never have an open look b/c we dont screen
or pick off any of Melo's defenders. Dantoni's offense force Melo & Stat to
dribble the ball from 25 feet out to cause a turnover.

Baron Davis & Stat are the best two players to run a pick n roll....
the two will score 9 times out of 10 using a pick n roll halfcourt-offense.
Tyson Chandler is the best low-screen player to have to screen-off Melo or
JR defender for an open shot.
The trio of Stat/Melo/Fields need an offensive design play where they switch
defenders to where Stat always get the smaller defender.

I know what Jorts could do from his NCAA performance, the fairy-shiiiit Jorts
been doing as a Knicks is good for a 1-4 record. David Lee been in GS for two
seasons and has yet to shoot one 3-ball shot. 6.10 Jorts is the perfect defensive-
rebounder, lob-pass, postup bigman, putback, and protector of the paint....
Jerome Jordan bigman talent is just the same.
:smokin::gony: :smokin:

We are the New York Knicks!

This roster has a lot of talent and a lot of different characters, the great thing is they all seem to enjoy beeing teammates and the chemistry between them is good to very good.

Apart from the actual performances on the court, it's great to see white dudes, asian-americans, african-americans and biracial-dudes playing together on the same team and liking and supportung each other.

This is such a great achievement and would have been unthinkable in the 60s or 70s, maybe even 80s down south.

@Kiyaman: Please write and send an open letter to the Knicks frontoffice so you don't need to annoy me anymore with your blind D'Antoni hate.

Thanks man :thumbsup:

nyk_nyk

All Star
He pissed me off today, in interview, they asked Lebron may try and cover Lin tomorrow any advice for Lin? He said no, he'll figure it out. WTF? You should be given guys advice your the COACH. COACH you dumb mother f'er.

Yeah when he said this in the post game interview, my first thought was "huh?"

He should have said that they will talk about that sometime tomorrow and game plan properly. "he'll figure it out" is not a what a young pg needs when you're a coach that's been in the league for years and are supposed to have a ton of experience and advice to offer.

nyk_nyk

All Star
Because STAT doesn't set picks, he pops out, and rolls, this is on STAT and the coaches for not fixing this issue.Lin runs the PnR, just fine with every one except STAT.

Absolutely correct. The PnR is about timing and STAT isn't getting it so far. It's like he shows pick and then immediately rolls and calls for the ball without even allowing it to develop. That's never gonna work.

I'm not sure if they're even addressing this in practice since it keeps happening.

Kiyaman

Legend
Will someone give this chump a new name/sig

We are the New York Knicks!

This roster has a lot of talent and a lot of different characters, the great thing is they all seem to enjoy beeing teammates and the chemistry between them is good to very good.

Apart from the actual performances on the court, it's great to see white dudes, asian-americans, african-americans and biracial-dudes playing together on the same team and liking and supportung each other.

This is such a great achievement and would have been unthinkable in the 60s or 70s, maybe even 80s down south.

@Kiyaman: Please write and send an open letter to the Knicks frontoffice so you don't need to annoy me anymore with your blind D'Antoni hate.

Thanks man :thumbsup:

b....what r u the oposite of Spree....STFU....your words is apathetic-chump!
someone let this fool know this is the millenium 2012....bold & brave peeps
(all color skin) in the 60's and 70's put-up to define United States.

My dislike for ignorant-Dantoni is 4 seasons old in this forum,
and your chump ass still read my response