who consider Knicks MVP first half season?

MeloforMayor

BALL DON'T LIE
Novak has been a huge surprise and may be deadlier than Ray Allen (Yeah, I went there) :thumbsup:

However MVP for the 1st half HAS GOT TO BE Jeremy Lin. Where would we be if he did not step up? He absolutely carried us to a 7 game win streak when STAT & Melo were out. Now we're 5 games behind 3rd seed Orlando. So, my vote goes to Lin

fender0577

Rotation player
Novak has been a huge surprise and may be deadlier than Ray Allen (Yeah, I went there) :thumbsup:

However MVP for the 1st half HAS GOT TO BE Jeremy Lin. Where would we be if he did not step up? He absolutely carried us to a 7 game win streak when STAT & Melo were out. Now we're 5 games behind 3rd seed Orlando. So, my vote goes to Lin
Damn, you make a great point, i'm changing my vote, to CO-MVPS, LIN/TC.

I think it's a tie between Lin and Chandler. Where would we be without Lin? Probably still 7 games below .500. And Chandler has improved our D tremendously and is having a career year.

MeloforMayor

BALL DON'T LIE
After thinking about it... Yeah, I have to put Chandler right there with Lin. An absolute workhorse and defensive stud. Biggest free agent steal last year. :beer:

TakMan

Rotation player
It's got to be Lin. Chandler tried his best to carry us in the absence of a reliable Anthony and Stoudamire but wasn't able to. It all really turned around with the introduction of Lin. He's been the catalyst.

I will however give Chandler and Novak honorary mentions as they have been consistent and reliable (Novak has just been absurd)

unloopme

Benchwarmer
No brainer for me. TC & Lin as Co-MVP's.
Chandler has been EVERYTHING we could have hoped for, and Lin is just...well, words can't do it justice.

Realistically Chandler, without a doubt.

But I don't think you should be so quick to discount the possibility of Lin being our MVP thus far. As AmareForPresident said, you really need to consider where we would probably be without Lin.

1. Tyson Chandler
(Fantastic player/guy/leader - deserves his huge contract)

2. Jeremy Lin
(Yes, it's only been 12 games or so, but he was the spark we desperately needed and he is for real and not a fluke.)

3. Jared Jeffries
(Might look funny, but he was nothing but sensational during our 7 game winning streak. He's still doing his job every single night on defense and also grabbing offensive rebounds. Underrated lockerroom guy and leader, probably the second best leader on this team from what I've heard.)

Honorable mentions: Steve Novak, Iman Shumpert, Melo (early in the season), Fields (after the emergence of Lin).

metrocard

Legend
Chandler is DPLOY...but Lin gets MVP...no one on this could of did what he did.
He turned us from lottery teams to contenders.

CoolRunnings

Benchwarmer
Everyone on here is nuts if its not Chandler. Yes we have won 8 games since Lin has arrived and we're at 500. But think where we would be if Chandler was not on the team at the start of the season. Do you think we would be 8-15 when Linsanity began. The answer is No....Chandler single handedly changed the defesive culture of this team.

We went from second last in defense to 8th. We're not allowing over a 100 points an a regulur basis. Even during that Lin win streak the games against the lakers, Wolves, and raptors, Chandler's presense of the floor was a huge contributor.

His game is not the only thing that makes him the seasons MVP. But his attitude and leadership is just as equal. The way he stays positive, his post game interviews and his communication on the floor is far above anyone on our team.

My vote has to go to Chandler for MIDSEASON MVP, maybe by the end when Lin has more games under his belt he can become mvp.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Tyson is the best on one side of the floor, consistently, and is a leader.

Lin is the best on the other side of the floor, consistently, and if he's not leading vocally like Chandler, he may have led this team by example offensively. How many threes does the team take now since he attacks the basket even when having good room for a three? Exactly. A long time I thought this, if I ever become a basketball player, I'd be constantly attacking the basket so my other teammates would.

It's not even a question that they're co-MVP. Without Chandler's defense, would Pau and Bynum have been made into mincemeat (shout out to Jeffries for not making Chandler defend both)?

tiger0330

Legend
You guys voting for TC must be insane. JLin w/o question, we were 2-11 with TC before Jlin, like the media has been saying the young man saved our season.