Trading Amare for a Power Forward that fits in

We should...

• We should trade Amare for Pau Gasol!

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • We should trade Amare for David Lee!

Votes: 8 23.5%
  • We should trade Amare for Zach Randolph!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • We should trade Amare for Luis Scola

Votes: 3 8.8%
  • We shouldn't trade Amare! He will find his place here just wait!

Votes: 19 55.9%

• Total voters

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
i disagree with the notion of trading STAT i think he definitely still got the pep in his step but remember its taking him longer to find his spot this season for a number of reasons;

1. still acclimating to playing with Melo
2. for the first time in his career he's now playing with a real 5 so he gotta share and space the paint which he never had to worry about
3. most of the season the PG was non existent--then lin came along and now he has someone to being the chemistry work with
4. back injury in april and spent most of the summer rehabbing. believe it or not, whenever your hurt it pushes your schedule back and by the time he started doing full body contact basketball drills it was already october/nov. needed to get his feet back and still is.
5. added muscle slowed em down, he's said it and so has d'antoni.

so i say for those reason alone we should wait on em. he'll get back to his level of play as will melo and when they do figure it out (as have bron and wade) they'll be a tough duo to stop cause still anyone one of them can erupt and play as they have during their careers. and that they will. so patience is key with us and we will figure it out. were gonna be a force come april.

@IamaGM on Twitter is reporting that the Warriors are trying to UNLOAD David Lee in ANY trade for Monta Ellis because they aren't high on him and don't wanna pay him.....

Amare for DLee and Monta?

Red

TYPE-A
i disagree with the notion of trading STAT i think he definitely still got the pep in his step but remember its taking him longer to find his spot this season for a number of reasons;

1. still acclimating to playing with Melo
2. for the first time in his career he's now playing with a real 5 so he gotta share and space the paint which he never had to worry about
3. most of the season the PG was non existent--then lin came along and now he has someone to being the chemistry work with
4. back injury in april and spent most of the summer rehabbing. believe it or not, whenever your hurt it pushes your schedule back and by the time he started doing full body contact basketball drills it was already october/nov. needed to get his feet back and still is.
5. added muscle slowed em down, he's said it and so has d'antoni.

so i say for those reason alone we should wait on em. he'll get back to his level of play as will melo and when they do figure it out (as have bron and wade) they'll be a tough duo to stop cause still anyone one of them can erupt and play as they have during their careers. and that they will. so patience is key with us and we will figure it out. were gonna be a force come april.

I'm this close to thinking that STAT may be the problem, and that's my dude.

The issues I see are

-We're playing better with him off the floor
-I'm asking what can we use him for?
his passing is weak
his ability to get to the rim and put up a quality shot has diminished
his defense is sporadic
The best offensive move he has is the elbow jumper and it's inconsistent

Combine the limited use factors above with
-We have shooters & defenders ready on the bench i.e. Novak, Jorts
-The ball movement is better without him
-Tyson gets involved early and often without him

Although we expect his Points per to go down, his FG% and Blocks are way under his average. I think the fact that others can carry us OFFENSIVELY and his current play might be starting to make him expendable.

Paul1355

All Star
im not joking guys but Zach Randolph took over last year in the playoffs with the Grizzlies with no rudy gay

I dont think he will ever leave Memphis, he loves it there.

If Amare doesnt pick it up by palayoff time then we have to seriously consider trading him. He is becoming useless and taking away minutes from guys like Novak and Jeffries that are playing better offense,defense and rebounding better than Amare.

Amare doesnt fit at all anymore.

He has to play with Novak or he gets doubled down low. Amare needs to play with an outside shooter to create space in the paint because he simply cant beat 2 guys down low anymore like he could last year.

His shot is aweful and I know handful of PF better right now that would fit.

Since we dont need his scoring, we need better defense and rebounding.

My picks are

Pau Gasol(knocks down the open shot and is a crafty player and he is taller than amare good compliment with Tyson.)
David Lee(his defense is too soft though)
Serge Ibaka(I would cream my pants if we had him with Tyson down low and he can hit the mid range shot unlike Amare)
Josh Smith(He wants out of Atlanta and his is an athletic freak who can play defense and rebound)
Andrea Bargnani(deadly offensive big man, just has to stay on the floor)

There you go guys, everyone else isn't worth Amare nor will another team trade for him....Gasol,Lee,Smith have all been on the trade watch and they can be a better fit than Amare right now because even if they lack one area atleast they excel at other areas where Amare is lacking in every category Offense,defense and rebounding like a woman.

Paul1355

All Star
OR

we should trade Amare for some 1st round picks and cash considerations so we can use him for a brighter future with Lin, Melo, and Tyson

Amare for 2 1st round picks...plus cash and a 2nd round? Think about it...we have barely any picks for the future

smokes

Huge Member
OR

we should trade Amare for some 1st round picks and cash considerations so we can use him for a brighter future with Lin, Melo, and Tyson

Amare for 2 1st round picks...plus cash and a 2nd round? Think about it...we have barely any picks for the future

How can a deal like that get made though? I doubt there's any teams with $20 million cap space who want to give us 2 future first rounders.

fender0577

Rotation player
Where not trading STAT, first off, we can't, second, we should be trying to fix him, instead of trading him.He's in his 20's, not 30's, calm down people.A few tweeks, here and there, and he'll be fine.

Where not trading STAT, first off, we can't, second, we should be trying to fix him, instead of trading him.He's in his 20's, not 30's, calm down people.A few tweeks, here and there, and he'll be fine.
Stop deep throating Amare geez, why don't you marry the guy at this point? How many excuses are you gonna come up with for that back-less broken kneed pile of rubble? The guy is 30 years old!!!!!

No big man comes back to there prime at 30 years old. He has no where to go but down. He is a cancer to what could be a championship team and we NEED to trade him before he becomes Eddy Curry part 2, his value has no where to go but down.

Paul1355

All Star
There isn't any that guys trade is unrealistic.

Pacer, Nets, and Rockets, have alot of cap room and Dallas will have cap room next year for a max player plus more so it's not like trading Amare for mainly picks and a player is unrealistic.

If we wanted to we could trade Amare for our future.

I would rather get a player back.

KingofNy

Starter
OR

We'd be lucky to get 2 second round picks with the way Stat is playing lately. The dude has been terrible this season. If you don't see it than you don't know basketball. Dude is like a tree on defense and has bricks for hands on offense. The only time his feet leave the ground is when he's getting blocked in the low post and when he's WIDE OPEN dunking. Dude is garbage.

Paul1355

All Star
We'd be lucky to get 2 second round picks with the way Stat is playing lately. The dude has been terrible this season. If you don't see it than you don't know basketball. Dude is like a tree on defense and has bricks for hands on offense. The only time his feet leave the ground is when he's getting blocked in the low post and when he's WIDE OPEN dunking. Dude is garbage.

I know how you feel and I agree but Amare is still coveted by many teams. He was a force in Phoenix and teams remember that and they remember how good he was last year and maybe he is just having a bad year under a terrible coach so I can easily see a team give up something decent for him.

The question is who and why.